Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletown estate, Celbridge, Land Transfer & Fencing

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Seconds Away

The part 8 consultation process begins in January so get busy over Christmas. Despite the 400 signatures on the petition and the vote at the residents meeting KCC are going ahead with the part 8.
    It would seem that having invested considerable time in this proposal KCC are determined to push ahead wth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 constitution

I think that KCC are very keen to hand over the maintenance of this wooded area to the OPW. KCC have no resources to look after woods .Along with being the green open space of the housing estate these woods are part of a historic landscape, so I am sure that KCC don't want the responsibility of them. Can the Castletown residents manage the woods? That will be an important part of the debate .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 greengurll

Closing date for submissions 12 noon Thursday 21st July.
    Plans particulars available for inspection or purchase 26th May until 7th July.
    Submissions must be sent to : Ann Rowan S.E.O. Planning Dept. Kildare County Council..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Castletown

Glad to see that the people have had their say. I hope the councillors get to read the submissions and that they are not just read by County Council Officials and the OPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

So, the opw have closed Castletown altogether now, and closed down the courtyard cafe" for the foreseeable future."

The gates are closed at 4.30pm, and large noisy security light installations on the avenue, and security vehicles driving at speed up and down the avenue at that time, a very sad and sorry situation and reflects badly on them.

However, the save Castletown crew are still in effect, giving help and advice to people visiting the grounds still, thank you for your selfless service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement