Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you started using the aul heating?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Rigger, since this is a 50/50 question I've added a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Been on since Sunday (I think), very low just to maintain the ambient temp. I'm a little higher up than most people though, so it's usually about 2 degrees colder in my area than the rest of Dublin. -2 on wednesday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

biko wrote: »
    Rigger, since this is a 50/50 question I've added a poll.

Strangely I have an option to delete the thread, near the option to add a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I don't know how to put it on so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

ON for the last few days, been fecking freezing here!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Have had it on for the past couple of weeks but it's fcuked so still freezing, have to wear a dressing gown over me clothes about the house. It's not a pretty sight I tells ya. :( Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The heating came on yesterady - the tide has definitely turned. But the oul open fire is great, that's been getting lit since mid-September.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My apartment has been freezing for the last week so yeah, I've had the heating on. I love when the air gets all frosty like it is now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I have and to no effect, Im still freezing my ass off :(. I dont remember it being this cold this time last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

back on couple of nights. Not looking forward to the bill though.

The last bill was for 96 cent gas used. But the bill came to 12.24!!

Made up to that by a standing charge, VAT, and carbon Tax. All legal I'm sure, but fukkit, the dirty basterds can't keep doing this.

thats 1200% more than what I actaully bought.

Its like a butcher saying "2 euro please for the pound of rashers. That'll be 24 euro then please."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Started? weeks ago, you are all mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I ticked "have not" yesterday. Can i change it to "raced in the feckin door and put all the rads and fire on" today?

Took 2hrs gettin home from work, got soaked leggin it from the car and my place was freezing. Put a fleece on and all (shexy). Its baltic. Winter is here alright!:(

Lovely and toasty now so happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Have had it on for more than showers for the last week. Bled the rads and turned on the one in the hall yesterday.

I love the tic-tic-tic-woomph of gas heating.

Standing charges are sh1t alright. Load of arse especially for something you only use half the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Oh ****....the immersion is on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Terry wrote: »
    Yeah. Yesterday and today.
    It's off now though. Being fat has its advantages.
    It's not fat. It's extra insulation :D

BrianJD wrote: »
    Oh ****....the immersion is on!
    In Des Bishop styley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Godsentme wrote: »
    Its like a butcher saying "2 euro please for the pound of rashers. That'll be 24 euro then please."

But did the butcher deliver said rashers to your house ?

anniehoo wrote: »

They are all mine apart the the best one. :p

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Standing charges are sh1t alright. Load of arse especially for something you only use half the year.

Just another rip off, Rigger,.
    My 2 previous bills were for around 11 euro and I didn't use the shaggin thing at all!
    We put up with anything they throw at us these days. We have become a nation of soft wimps. All we do is whinge in sites like this and text in to radio stations.

The men of 1916 would turn in their graves.

:mad:

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    But did the butcher deliver said rashers to your house ?
    Hypotetical of course.
    But If he did I'm sure he wouldn't add on 1200% in delivery charges, VAT and FAT tax!

Advertisement