Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #5A - Cherub Rock

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

What do you think the best metal or rock song to teach kids about good music is and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

What do you think the best metal or rock song to teach kids about good music is and why?

Kids will like only what they like so I wouldn't try and tell them what's good. The kids in my class listen to the Disney Camp Rock soundtrack sometimes in class - that could be a gateway! :cool:

Rocker teens that love the fad band of today wil grow out of them when the next fad comes along and eventually settle for music that they will keep coming back too. No one will be listening to Paramore and Bullet for my Valentine in 20 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Kids will like only what they like so I wouldn't try and tell them what's good. The kids in my class listen to the Disney Camp Rock soundtrack sometimes in class - that could be a gateway! :cool:

Rocker teens that love the fad band of today wil grow out of them when the next fad comes along and eventually settle for music that they will keep coming back too. No one will be listening to Paramore and Bullet for my Valentine in 20 years :D
    Disney you say??? Show them this :D

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice Answers.

As for the MCD boycott, IMO you're cutting off yer nose to spite your face there, i know they've shafted people but they're the only real choice.
    As for Donington, i went every year from 1985 to 2008, and watched it steadily go down hill, why not look at the Euro Festivals, a lot better organised.

And here's a few Q's for ya

What's the furthest afield you've ever travelled JUST for a gig

If you could be re-incarnated as any rock/metal star, who would it be?

Ah, MCD can go **** themselves (pardon me) til I get my cheque in the post. I think I've seen every band I like that's alive/ not broken up - steadily getting through my top bands on last.fm anyways!!

I've never travelled just for a gig. Everyone comes to Dublin! I'm full of ideas to go here or there but my boyf's never up for it and I don't think I'd go alone, my friends arent very R&M... That said, he went to Wembley to see Rush though...

Re-incarnated, but back in time to take over a body of a rock star? Not someone that died young anyways.... Ozzy Osbourne or Alice Cooper would be cool.

Ah, MCD can go **** themselves (pardon me) til I get my cheque in the post.

I'm still waiting. Last I heard the process was still ongoing and I was told to sit tight and wait. That was earlier this week.
    Everyone comes to Dublin!

Believe me, you will find not everyone comes to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Believe me, you will find not everyone comes to Dublin

This is sadly very true!

I haven't asked a question yet, so you're my first! Ummm, what rock album cover would you hang on the wall of your study?

blastman wrote: »
    This is sadly very true!

I haven't asked a question yet, so you're my first! Ummm, what rock album cover would you hang on the wall of your study?

Ah! When I get a house all I'll be cncerned about it creating a rock bar type room. It's gonna have strip lighting, pool table, freaky candle holders and a mirror like in a gothic church. Oooh and one of these crystal skull vodka bottles

I'd make a collage like that's on the ceiling in Gypsy Rose. I love really cool 80s cover art.

02_Master_of_Puppets.jpgride-the-lightning.jpg?w=150&h=150images?q=tbn:eQS5s1Mw9wBlhM:s2263191.jpgAAAAAsGRTUcAAAAAAEAZuQ.jpgRust_in_Peace.jpgmegadeth_small.jpgKIMB.jpgR-150-702504-1149574014.jpegs4147.jpgcov1609.jpgthe-number-of-the-beast-150x150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

What is the worst rock/metal album that you heard this year?

What is the best rock/metal album you heard this year?

Do like bands like Anathema, Moonspell, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Bathory, Amorphis, Tiamat, Hypocrisy, Darkthrone and Paradise Lost?

What are some of your all time favourite rock and metal albums?

What is the worst rock/metal album that you heard this year?

KoRn's new one. Awful.
    What is the best rock/metal album you heard this year?

Not a new release or anything but I'm obsessed with Pat Benatar's greatest hits atm! And Diamond Head - It's Electric and Ted Nugent self titled.
    Do like bands like Anathema, Moonspell, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Bathory, Amorphis, Tiamat, Hypocrisy, Darkthrone and Paradise Lost?

Not overly familiar with these... I'm not a fan of growly, death metal type music or gothic Twilighty stuff. I'm very unimaginative. Paradise Lost are alright (from what I've heard - the boyf's mam plays them in the car!)
    What are some of your all time favourite rock and metal albums?

I'm gonna put down all the most favourite albums I've ever had from my years listening to music - not all are current. You know the ones you remember the exact music shop you bought it in and where you were when you first heard the best tracks on it and how you felt. The ones that were permanently in your discman. I'm cheating - there are some Best of albums! Nothing obscure here...
    • Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    • Pearl Jam - Ten
    • Metallica - Ride the Lightning/ Kill Em All/ Garage Inc.
    • Tool - Lateralus
    • Human Waste Project - E-Lux
    • NIN - The Fragile
    • Down - NOLA
    • Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
    • Nirvana - Unplugged
    • Alice in Chains - Unplugged
    • RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magik/ Californication
    • Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples
    • A Perfect Cicle - Thirteenth Step
    • Prodigy - Music For the Jilted Generation
    • RATM - Battle of Los Angeles
    • Deftones - Around the Fur
    • Slipknot - All Hope is Gone/ Vol 3: Subliminal Verses
    • Incubus - Make Yourself
    • Machinehead - Burn my Eyes
    • Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous
    • KISS - Greatest KISS
    • Black Sabbath - Paranoid
    • System of a Down - Toxicity
    • QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf
    • Jonathon Davis - a bootleg live show of Queen of the Damned and acoustic Korn tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

You've got taste :)

• Advertisement

And Diamond Head - It's Electric

Just something I taught you might like to see that I recorded

And second question, what do you feel about Def Leppard, since you seem to like virtually every other band I do?

POUR SOME SUGAR ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!

I'm a closet Def Leppard liker I guess... :o I wouldn't play them on my computer but I will go crazy if they get played on a jukebox or by the DJ in a rock bar. :D I think Rocket is a great cheesey song. Hmmm... I might download some of their albums. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If anyone has any other questions, please get them in soon. I'll be closing this thread this evening otherwise and moving on to the next person.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I meant to ask you what rock and metal bands do you hate?

I meant to ask you what rock and metal bands do you hate?

I don't really like growly, phlegmy, double bassy stuff and I don't like gothic epic stuff. Also not keen on any new bands in the emo/ bitch rock scene like MCR and the likes. And I don't like the waily, bleached & permed, overly camp Judas Priest type stuff except in very small doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Okay, thanks to everyone for posting questions and of course to Cherub Rock for taking the time to answer them.

The next In The Pit is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement