Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #5B - Zombienosh

Options
  • 08-11-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is Zombienosh.

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

If you could play a (new) instrument instantly what would that be and what song would you love to be able to play instantly on that instrument? Keep it in the boundaries of heavy music.

Damageplan or Superjoint Ritual?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

jcm900 or mesa rectifier?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Malice_ wrote: »
    What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?

My uncle giving me a lend of Heaven & Hell by Black Sabbath got me into metal, up until then I didn't really acknowledge music. What keeps me interested? hmm, I guess I'm always searching for new music, My Taste is always expanding over different genres and different types of rock/metal.

How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?

I think the first time I was in College, doing some crappy course on computers, I had no interest in, someone recommended boards and I signed up and went straight to rock and metal!
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?

To get news on bands, find some new bands through recommends, and bitch and moan about crap bands.
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?

I'm pretty much 24/7 music, When im not listening, i'm playing or writing and if im not doing that, I'm recording/producing/mixing or analysing and studying music. :o
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

Ooo, thats a tough one, I always end up going back to Hatebreed - Satisfaction is the death of desire. Pure motovation and inpiration from that album even if its only 20 odd mins long.
    Where did your username come from?
    [/QUOTE]
    Zombienosh is an amazing low budget zombie gore B-movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ok, here's a couple from me, prob have more later

What's your favourite type of cheese?

If you could go back in time and watch 1 gig, could be a solo gig or festival, what would it be?

Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out this year?
    Damn, lets see, this year..
    Probably the newest Terror album, "Keepers of the faith" or The Empire Shall Falls debut album "Awaken"
    What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?
    I think Deicide was the first kinda big thing i went to, before that it was a lot of local things or small things.
    What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most? (not over-rated, actually hate)
    Where do I begin?!:P I hate Iron Maiden with a passion, and hate guns n' roses because of Axel
    What other sections of boards do you frequent?
    I wander into zombie survival, Horror, Tattoos & piercings, bands, music production, instruments, and when im boards pretty much everywhere else.
    Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?
    I grew up on death/thrash metal, nowadays more into hardcore and prog stuff. I'll always be inspired by hardcore.

Nailz wrote: »
    If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

hmm, Lynn Strait(Snot) on vocals, Dimebag on guitar, Cliff on bass, and just to make it heavy as **** put vitek (decapitated) on drums.
    If you could a (new) instrument what would that be and what song would you love to be able to play instantly on that instrument? Keep it in the boundaries of heavy music.

not too sure what ya mean there, pick up a new instrument? I'd love to be able to play the drums well, and smash out some funky bizkit tunes.
    Damageplan or Superjoint Ritual?
    Damageplan, superjoint were ****.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ok, here's a couple from me, prob have more later

What's your favourite type of cheese?

If you could go back in time and watch 1 gig, could be a solo gig or festival, what would it be?

Cheese!!!!!! free cheese?

Can i go back and enjoy limp bizkit 2010 again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Who's your favourite frontman in Rock/Metal?

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Who's your favourite frontman in Rock/Metal?

Probably Scott vogel (terror) i've always loved Jesse Leach (ex-killswitch) too, these guys for feeling the passion and intensity when they sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

What album artwork would you hang in your study?

What three songs would you have played at your funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

What song would have inspired you to pick up an instrument and is there any song/riff that you wish that you could have recorded?

blastman wrote: »
    What album artwork would you hang in your study?

What three songs would you have played at your funeral?

hmm I've always love Rob/White Zombies artwork, also Tool's stuff is pretty cool.

3 songs for a funeral?

Little girls by Oingo Boingo, I'm your boogieman the rob zombie cover and Rollin by limp bizkit.

What song would have inspired you to pick up an instrument and is there any song/riff that you wish that you could have recorded?

Anesthesia Pulling Teeth inspired me to start playing music, I started playing bass at about 12-13 because of it.

Any riff I wish i'd written, I think the main riff in "Your hand in mine" by Explosions in the sky is the most beautiful riff that will ever be written, so i guess that one.

jcm900 or mesa rectifier?:p

mesa, i dont like marshalls too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Who do you see as the future of Rock and Metal from any rising contenders now? Who could be the next Metallica or Megadeth?

Who do you see as the future of Rock and Metal from any rising contenders now? Who could be the next Metallica or Megadeth?

I don't think there will be bands like that anymore, music has turned on its head, theres so many bands rising up and touring and live shows are where they work hard, no one is raking in money from "Record deals" anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

What do you think is the best horror movie of all time?
    What is your favourite horror movie of all time?(not necessarily the same thing)
    If you could party with one rock star,living or dead,who would it be?
    If you could strike one band from the annals of music history who would it be and why?
    What do you want for Christmas?

nedtheshed wrote: »
    What do you think is the best horror movie of all time?

hmmm, I'm gonna go with the original Night of the Living Dead, for what it did to the horror genre being essentially the birth of Zed movies.
    What is your favourite horror movie of all time?(not necessarily the same thing)
    Incredibly hard to pick one, Possibly Night of the living dead, [Rec], Evil Dead (Original).
    If you could party with one rock star,living or dead,who would it be?
    I'd class Michael Jackson as a rock star, so MJ?
    If you could strike one band from the annals of music history who would it be and why?
    hah, too many to name, hmm one... I guess Iron Maiden, the founders of wanky duel guitar solos? cheesey **** lyrics and all the wanky nerd metal that goes with it.
    What do you want for Christmas?
    I want loads of **** and have no money, so eh i want money?

• Advertisement

If you could only listen to 5 albums for the rest of your life,what would they be? (compliations/best of's arent allowed :p)
    1 woman,1 night,no strings,who?
    Most disappointing album for you personally and why?

If you could only listen to 5 albums for the rest of your life,what would they be? (compliations/best of's arent allowed :p)
    hmm

Explosions in the sky - The earth is not a cold dead place
    Hatebreed - Satisfaction is the death of desire
    Tool - Aenima
    Michael Jackson - Thriller
    Cult of Luna - Salvation
    1 woman,1 night,no strings,who?

My Wife! every night....?
    Most disappointing album for you personally and why?

hmm, not really disappointed about any albums really...I tend to find positive things in any album I get, if its complete bollix chances are i wont get it in the first place. One band that did disappoint severly though was 10 years, they got real **** real fast.

Zombienosh wrote: »

My Wife! every night....?

Cheater.
    :pac:

Cheater.
    :pac:

or not as the case may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Okay, thanks to everyone for posting questions and of course to Zombienosh for taking the time to answer them.

The next In The Pit is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement