Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I remember having issues with a a Teasy Mod too. But I'm pretty sure that was due to a dodgy usb wire connection. The board you're using is un updated model of Teasy Mod so it shouldn't have these issues.

Have you tried flashing the latest firmware for the Teasy strike? I hear that with the latest firmware you don't need to hold down buttons to boot in xbox mode or ps3 mode, it is automatic.

So yeah, try to flash a new firmware if you can. There will be instructions in the Teasy strike thread on SRK or on phreakazoids webpage

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

animaX wrote: »

Have you tried flashing the latest firmware for the Teasy strike? I hear that with the latest firmware you don't need to hold down buttons to boot in xbox mode or ps3 mode, it is automatic.

So yeah, try to flash a new firmware if you can. There will be instructions in the Teasy strike thread on SRK or on phreakazoids webpage

I'll try this, thanks for the tip.

EDIT:

Just flashed the latest firmware and that fixed it, thanks again.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    GET OVER HERE!

I'm working on it! Well, I already have accommodation sorted (i.e. your couch) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Eightarc are pretty much "just" Qanba Sticks.

Don't know if they can take Seimitsu sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Eightarc are pretty much "just" Qanba Sticks.

Don't know if they can take Seimitsu sticks.

If they are the same as all the other Qanba Q4 sticks then they are designed to take either sei or sanwa.

If you're looking at Qanba, check here.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

My jlf is acting up(I think).

Does anyone have a spare one they'd be willing to part with before I order one online?

• Advertisement

Speed Boat wrote: »
    My jlf is acting up(I think).

Does anyone have a spare one they'd be willing to part with before I order one online?
    I'll tell you what parts to order if you're low on funds.

You don't NEED to order a whole new JLF.
    Can ttyl on IRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Best place to ask this, since I've been asked so much myself and I don't know the full story;
    As far as I am aware, the Datel sticks come dual modded out of the box with weak (but easily replaceable) stock parts. They're also fairly cheap, which would make them a good starting stick for those who think they'll make use of it, but will definitely be hopping between consoles.
    Am I off the mark totally here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They're not easily replacable parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone interested in a TE stick bought it maybe a year and a half ago on amazon for 180 euro never used its in immaculate condition???

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Anyone know if you can buy stuff off the english gameshark website ? They let you put in an Irish county but don't let you change the country.they've got the SfxT sticks :P

Joytron bringing a new dual-mod stick soon.

Poongko approved.
    img_05.jpg

One-touch opening.
    img_13.jpg

Fits both Sanwa JLF or Crown Fanta stick.
    img_21.jpg

Best of all, price looking to be around €95 pre-shipping from Korea.

Looking for the cheapest, quality solution to filling a dual modded stick shaped hole.

For the record I hate SE s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hey, lads. I'm looking for a connector for the 360's Hori EX2 stick, to play it on PS3. Any idea how much this would set me back, and if it would be available in the shops?

Looking for the cheapest, quality solution to filling a dual modded stick shaped hole.

For the record I hate SE s.
    Sell your TE and buy a Qanba Q4 from Gremlin Solutions.

Or buy a TE Kitty from http://godlikecontrols.com/.
    *edit*
    If you buy a TE Kitty, would you throw an Imp V2 in for me & I'll go 33% on shipping?
    deathrider wrote:
    Hey, lads. I'm looking for a connector for the 360's Hori EX2 stick, to play it on PS3. Any idea how much this would set me back, and if it would be available in the shops?
    Doesn't exist.
    You have to mod or buy a PS3 stick.

Doesn't exist.
    You have to mod or buy a PS3 stick.

Disaster. Not to worry, so. Cheers for the info, man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 battosai

Hello,

I would like to have dual mod for this stick :)
    somebody will be interrested to do it in exchange of some little money :)

battosai wrote: »
    Hello,

I would like to have dual mod for this stick :)
    somebody will be interrested to do it in exchange of some little money :)
    Is it for PS3 or 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 battosai

This is a PS3 stick.
    and I would like to be able to play with it on PS3/Xbox360

stuff

The stick is a present, so I'm keeping mine.

I need the cheapest combo of decent stick and dual mod. So I;m guessing that's a TE round 1 and ps360.

Might wait and get a Soul Cal stick and mod it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

The stick is a present, so I'm keeping mine.

I need the cheapest combo of decent stick and dual mod. So I;m guessing that's a TE round 1 and ps360.

Might wait and get a Soul Cal stick and mod it.

id still think kiki's suggestion of a qanba q4raf from gremlin soulutions your best bet,cost me e155 to get it to my door
    same parts as TE is but pc/xbox/ps3 out of the box at the flick of a switch
    plus the felt on the bottom is awesome!

I was in gamestop today, eyeballing a Hori stick for PS3. Well, I say eyeballing, I really mean I was told about it, but didn't quite get the chance to see it. Aaaaaaanyways, apparently it packs a turno button somewhere. I don't use turbo, as I simply don't believe in it. Would I need to get this button disabled in order to use the stick at tournaments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

deathrider wrote: »
    I was in gamestop today, eyeballing a Hori stick for PS3. Well, I say eyeballing, I really mean I was told about it, but didn't quite get the chance to see it. Aaaaaaanyways, apparently it packs a turno button somewhere. I don't use turbo, as I simply don't believe in it. Would I need to get this button disabled in order to use the stick at tournaments?

No.

Everyone who has a stick has turbo on it, people just don't use it, and it's a standard tournament rule that you're disqualified it you're caught using it (not just having it).

Other than that I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Hori.

No.

Everyone who has a stick has turbo on it, people just don't use it, and it's a standard tournament rule that you're disqualified it you're caught using it (not just having it).

Other than that I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Hori.

Dead on, man. It's just the turbo I was worried about. That's cool though. Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

deathrider wrote: »
    Dead on, man. It's just the turbo I was worried about. That's cool though. Cheers for the info.

Unless someone more knowledgeable comes in and gives their thoughts, I'd just say to make sure it isn't wireless because:

(1) Wireless is usually banned at tournaments because it can interfere with consoles on other games. This isn't heavily enforced, but it has happened and it's ridiculously annoying to have your tournament match ruined by some dude with an active controller rattling around in his pocket or bag

(2) It has more input delay than a wired controller

(3) Wireless signals can weaken in the presence of other frequencies

Just for those reasons I'd encourage you to only buy wired

• Advertisement

I appreciate the thought, man. I don't think I'd buy wireless, anyways. I'm an Xbox player (with a Hori EX2 stick), so the only reason I'm looking for a PS3 stick is for MK tournaments, as they are all played on PS3. So anything that would lead to to a bad tournament experience, means that the stick will be left on the self in the shop, lol.

Cheers again.

Advertisement