Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who would win tyson or ali ( in there prime)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

tyson.... ali would be floating and stinging but the big man just bite yer ear off

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Digger01

How can you be so sure who hit harder? It's not possible to tell. Remember, each man had a different punch technique. Tyson used ridiculous speed and power (shorter shots). Foreman was heavy heavy handed. Foreful blows. I cannot se how anyone can say who hit harder between a Foreman, Liston, Shavers or Tyson.

I will say though, that Mike's style and combination and delivery of shots would PROBABLY be more dangerous and lethal.

Look at the Foreman-Ali bout. Would Mike's shots be as telegraphed and wide and wild? I doubt it. Also, Clay and Ali rode most of Liston's shots.

At peak, Mike beat a ange of different men. Big, small, tall, fast, slow etc. No man really came close to beating
    him. Noboday can say that the opposition was bad. It was not. Even Ruddock after Mike had lost his title, was
    a very dangerous and big opponent. Mike beat him twice, ruined him really.

For me power and speed wins the day, Tyson at his prime to win. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Digger01 wrote: »
    At peak, Mike beat a ange of different men. Big, small, tall, fast, slow etc. No man really came close to beating
    him. Noboday can say that the opposition was bad. It was not. Even Ruddock after Mike had lost his title, was
    a very dangerous and big opponent. Mike beat him twice, ruined him really

For Ruddock, Lewis knocked him out in 2 rounds a year after he fought Tyson, so I don't think that is a good example. Also David Jaco KO'd Ruddock, Tyson beat Jaco on the way up.

As for telling power, that is easy. Watch the Foreman-Frazier fight and see Foreman lift Frazier around 8-inches clean off the canvas. You can tell Foreman hit much harder than Tyson cos Foreman had phenomenal strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

might aswell ask who would win between chuck norris and god

some things are best left unknown

Chuck norris:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

might aswell ask who would win between chuck norris and god

some things are best left unknown

that cracked me up lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

The idea that Tyson wouldn't knock Ali out after 3 rounds is laughable. Developement in technique and fitness at Tysons time blow's Ali's away. Let me put it to you this way. Tyson in his prime would not have tired in Rumble in the jungle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

JayoFella wrote: »
    ultimate qeustion when it comes to boxing i think anyway,
    well me and my friend have a bet to see who is right well here is the question who would win, muhamed ali or mike tyson (both fighters in there prime).............. ill be first to answer i thinkkkkkkkkkkk ALI
    Tyson in his prime.Waaaaaaay too fast for Ali.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

MyKeyG wrote: »
    The idea that Tyson wouldn't knock Ali out after 3 rounds is laughable. Developement in technique and fitness at Tysons time blow's Ali's away. Let me put it to you this way. Tyson in his prime would not have tired in Rumble in the jungle.
    Exactly.Its like asking would a great hurling team from 1940s beat an average one from the 90s. Prob not because of fitness and training techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Looks like Tysons fierce reputation still blinds people over his actual boxing skills, Ali is way too good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

This was what Ali beat in Rumbe In the Jungle, a fighter who would KO Tyson within 6.

• Advertisement
Advertisement