Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Months Free VPN (Post Your Code ONCE and ONCE ONLY!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

DNME you can check that your code is working on the site. When you click to buy you enter the code before the checkout so you can check it yourself if you want.

Mine : XTDWFXA

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I've been using BlackVPN for age now and I'm really happy with. You can get another two months free we your first three months run out which is great.

Does anyone know if you can set it up on an Apple TV?

(and my code is GHVEJYW)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

Got on to Suppport and they sorted me out quickly.
    It seems I pasted the code with extra spaces at the end. They suggested I cancel and sign up again and am sorted now.
    If anybody would like to use my code ?

ZQTYDJU

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi
    Has anybody got this working over a 3G network? I am on meteor. it works great over wiki at home but it doesnt seem to connect via the 3G network on the move. It is possible for the ISP to block this type of traffic?
    Thanks
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Tried this today, works a treat, I used one of yer codes but not sure which one.

Here is mine: EFVGJQA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Also tried this today and definitely works.

Here's my code : PNQGKEH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What channels would signing up for the global package allow me to watch? Is it just all catch up services like the RTE player? Or can I watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and some US channels too?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Also tried this today and definitely works.

Here's my code : PNQGKEH

Cheers , Just used your code .

Heres Mine : ZWDYYZE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

My Code: BJGJEGU

You can run VPN on Laptop & Ipod Touch concurrently fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

mscull wrote: »
    Cheers , Just used your code .

Heres Mine : ZWDYYZE

Thanks, just used your code,

My code is::D JJUBNCV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Are you guys getting many referrels? I posted a code once, months ago, and got loads of free weeks on both UK and USA VPN.

I was very surprised by how many I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

No referrals yet.

My code will increase your bandwidth tenfold...*
    Here is mine: EFVGJQA

*This is a lie;)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

There should be somewhere where we can pimp our referral codes...oh hang on :D How did that get in my signature?

What channels would signing up for the global package allow me to watch? Is it just all catch up services like the RTE player? Or can I watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and some US channels too?

Unless you are living outside of Ireland you don't need a VPN to view RTE player.If you are outside Ireland looking for a VPN to view rte I don't think this will work for you.

A global package will let you watch BBC, ITV etc live online and use their dedicated players. Equally you watch content from all the US network players and use Hulu which basically has every show going and quite a bit archived too.

I have only got one referral even though I know that 2 friends signed up using my code. I wrote to VPN and enquired but haven't got a reply yet. The whole referral thing may be a bit of a scam. Worth a try all the same though.

My code :

XTDWFXA

I have only got one referral even though I know that 2 friends signed up using my code. I wrote to VPN and enquired but haven't got a reply yet. The whole referral thing may be a bit of a scam. Worth a try all the same though.

My code :

XTDWFXA

I`m convinced they`ve made a cock up of my account(in a good way). I signed up for both the UK and USA back in May. Since then I`ve got a few update e-mails from them with regards to my codes. The last one has both of them being valid until the middle of May next year.:eek:

Thats why I enquired here if the same thing was happening to other users, not that I`m complaining of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

My code :

XTDWFXA

Cheers Whimsical, I used yours today. 3 months EU for five euro. Never used one before, not sure I really need it either.. :p

You will talk in tongues and have glowing thumbs if you use my code..

VZPJBUV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Just signed up for the EU/UK/US package using code and got 2 months free, great value for €10. :)

To get yours, you can use my referral code below;

XAJURRP

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Used Moon54's code

mine is UYGDAVC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

stuf wrote: »
    Used Moon54's code

mine is UYGDAVC

Just used yours

Mine is EUFEYWY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Thanks OP, used your code for my sign up.

In case anyone is interested I got the settings from BlackVPN to set up a router flashed with open source DD-WRT firmware which allows you to use the router as a VPN router.

There is a large range of routers which can use this firmware the database is here.

I'm waiting to get a router off a mate so that I can set it up but it should be very handy for sharing the VPN connection on the home network and by wireless.

I haven't checked them yet but the settings I was given are:

PPTP Server: Disable
    PPTP Client Options: Enable
    Server IP or DNS Name: vpn.blackvpn.xxx (replace with correct server) Remote Subnet: 0.0.0.0 Remote Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0 MPPE Encryption: mppe required,no40,no56,stateless
    MTU: 1450
    MRU: 1450
    NAT: Enable
    Username: your blackVPN Username
    Password: your blackVPN Password

BTW my referral code is: YEAVPAA ;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Gonna try this

BTW, for anyone with the US VPN package, you can sign up to Netflix for a months free trial.

You still have to give CC details but can cancel at any time.

I was under the impression that it only took US credit cards but it worked for me last night with my Irish one.

Well worth a look.:)

Do-more wrote: »

In case anyone is interested I got the settings from BlackVPN to set up a router flashed with open source DD-WRT firmware which allows you to use the router as a VPN router.

There is a large range of routers which can use this firmware the database is here.

I'm waiting to get a router off a mate so that I can set it up but it should be very handy for sharing the VPN connection on the home network and by wireless.

Server IP or DNS Name: vpn.blackvpn.xxx (replace with correct server) Remote Subnet: 0.0.0.0 Remote Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0 MPPE Encryption: mppe required,no40,no56,stateless

So in theory with this method, you could use the VPN through your PS3?

adox wrote: »
    So in theory with this method, you could use the VPN through your PS3?
    Yep, although I have tried to use BlackVPN with my new Sony BDP-S370 blu ray player and although the player's diagnostics says that I have network and internet access it does not connect with the Sony server so I suspect that Sony have the BlackVPN isp blocked. Not sure if that will effect you with the PS3.

If anyone has been able to connect a Sony Blu ray or TV via a VPN to get the BBC iplayer working I'd love to hear which VPN and settings they are using.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

adox wrote: »
    BTW, for anyone with the US VPN package, you can sign up to Netflix for a months free trial.

You still have to give CC details but can cancel at any time.

I was under the impression that it only took US credit cards but it worked for me last night with my Irish one.

Well worth a look.:)

I'm curious as to how you were able to do this without a US mailing address.

Please let me know how to do this.

THanks

referral code: SEQUFHJ

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Do-more wrote: »

Thanks for this...sounds inetestering.

Just to double check....I can flash my router and use it as a vpn so that any device connected to it could use it...I could access bbc iplayer on the laptop and it would work as the laptop would be recognised with a uk ip via black vpn.

I think I can get bbc iplayer for my tv too so this could be class if my router supports this firmware.

swingking wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how you were able to do this without a US mailing address.

Please let me know how to do this.

THanks
    referral code: SEQUFHJ

Generally with these things you enter a fake address. Generally it does have to exist though. If you google some hotel or business in the US and use their address it will usually work in my experience.

My code :

XTDWFXA

Are people actually the free month associated with referrals? I'm not so far.

Generally with these things you enter a fake address. Generally it does have to exist though. If you google some hotel or business in the US and use their address it will usually work in my experience.

My code :

XTDWFXA

Are people actually the free month associated with referrals? I'm not so far.

I posted my code on another thread in the summer and am still using BlackVPN from my initial €5 invetment in each of the UK and US versions.

As stated earlier in this thread, I have it for free until next May on both accounts! I`m presuming they made some error with my account as thats the guts of a year free on both services, but of course I`m not complaing.:)

spannerism wrote: »
    Thanks for this...sounds inetestering.

Just to double check....I can flash my router and use it as a vpn so that any device connected to it could use it...I could access bbc iplayer on the laptop and it would work as the laptop would be recognised with a uk ip via black vpn.

I think I can get bbc iplayer for my tv too so this could be class if my router supports this firmware.

What I am doing is not touching my primary router (It's not supported) and flashing another router to act as the VPN router I will then connect it by cable to the primary router. As long as the primary router has VPN pass through this should be no problem.

Then I can pick and choose which devices I want to connect by VPN or not.

If you ask around you will probably find someone with a supported router that they are no longer using or there are some cheap routers that are supported, e.g. my local computer shop has a D-Link DIR-600 for €25 that can be flashed.

My referral code is: YEAVPAA

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

How my humble little thread has grown.
    Fly my beauty FLY!!!!

...so proud

Advertisement