Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N72 Mallow Racecourse to Sugar Factory and Lombardstown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

signs of life today....surveyers from Lagan out and about and two machines have turned up///

on the debnit side, I notice the new surface near the service station seems to be breaking up ...

work in full swing again today.....at last...

incidently I see the "new" petrol station at Roskeen has shut down again "for refurbishment"...any idea what the stroy is?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

corktina wrote: »
    signs of life today....surveyers from Lagan out and about and two machines have turned up///

on the debnit side, I notice the new surface near the service station seems to be breaking up ...

Glade that work is back on track!
    Noticed that patch as well!

Got a letter in the post today from Noel O'Flynn TD telling us about the good news that the NRA has made available 600k for the resurfacing of the road from Lombardstown to Longville!

He's delighted and hopes that his representation to the department were of help to me!

Oh, and that he would be grateful of any support I might be able to extend to him in the upcoming general election. :D

bahhhhhh

thats the bit the council cocked up when they built it only a couple of years ago! Someone should get the scak there

btw any idea what the concrete thing they are building at the side of the road by Roskeen Motors is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

thats the bit the council cocked up when they built it only a couple of years ago! Someone should get the scak there

btw any idea what the concrete thing they are building at the side of the road by Roskeen Motors is?

Thats a water station. There is a new water mains going from Roskeen almost to Castlemagner. It goes down the by road that joins the Lombardstown-Cecilstown road again.

Great to hear that they are resurfacing the entire road.:) That will be a invitation to drive faster on a silk road even though its marked down as an area for the speed camera van.

• Advertisement

fierce work going on today...serious resurfacing just out side the speed limit at the Mallow end, they have the section by the Racecourse service staion planed off again and Roadstone are surveying just west of the resurfaced section.

I notice they have laid an area next to the hard shoulder between Longueville and the sugar factory turning (east bound) with odd markings. I assume thats for a safety camera van (theres a second one with no markings nearby too.

I am just home and I was sitting at the racecourse for 15 mins. They are digging up the tarmac laid at xmas at the filling station.

Gatso van in Mallow as well on the Killarney road before end of speed limit..:rolleyes:

Work has staterd on the next section by the Waterloo Stud .

Work has staterd on the next section by the Waterloo Stud .

I see that, I met you west of Roskeen yesterday evening..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

While they are at it they should take down that bloody sign at the Lombardstown junction or at least make it visible at night :mad:

While they are at it they should take down that bloody sign at the Lombardstown junction or at least make it visible at night :mad:

Is that the big NDP one thats there since the road was widened??. Its very blind when coming up that side road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Is that the big NDP one thats there since the road was widened??. Its very blind when coming up that side road.
    It's in the middle of the Lombardstown road junction. If you are coming from the Killarney side and turning for Lombardstown at night it is impossible to see it. If you didn't know it was there you could easily hit it.

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I see that, I met you west of Roskeen yesterday evening..:)

Mrs Corktina maybe unless I was in the Sierra.

edit...nope was me alright...had a late pass

It's in the middle of the Lombardstown road junction. If you are coming from the Killarney side and turning for Lombardstown at night it is impossible to see it. If you didn't know it was there you could easily hit it.

Oh yes I have you now... There is similar ones further west at Ballymaquirk cross. I have seen them flattened many a sunday morning....:D

according to the elctronic display, these road works will go right through to Biddys Green (Knaturk turnoff) and will last to the end of december.

according to the elctronic display, these road works will go right through to Biddys Green (Knaturk turnoff) and will last to the end of december.

Thats if they get no frost or cold weather. I thought they were only going to Lombardstown..

I was going to Cork this morning and I passed there at 7.45 roughly and they were stopping traffic at that time..:rolleyes: There was no work going on at all.. I think they like the thought of seeing cars lined up..:(

Also they are removing/realigning the bend at the sandpit house further west.

i thought it was to Lombardstown only too, hence the renamimg of this thread! But Biddys Green it says so we'll see. That section is in good order so must be resurfacing only surely?

That speed limit only goes as far as Lobardstown , so I would have thought thats the end of it.

BTW, crazy crazy speed limit! Actually starts a good half mile into the bit they've already done! Noone is taking any notice of it anyway. Why do they need "permanent" limits nowadays? surely unecessary at night and when and where no work is taking place! Id slow down without it for workers safety anyway.

I heard from a good source today they are going to Billys green allright. The speed limit is a pure pain. I heard the guards cleared the go safe van from the racecourse earlier in the year, he was catching people in the 60KPH zone when the works were finished..:rolleyes:

The stretch from Lombardstown is in fairly good shape in fairness, if they went further west it would be better as the road is very rough.

Also Forge cross is being staggered which is no harm.:)

wheres Forge cross?

• Advertisement

wheres Forge cross?

When you pass the Sandpit heading for Killarney it the next four cross roads. Its a very dangerous cross as people come from Boherbue and cross the main road with out stopping.

I was that way yesterday and they seem to be religning the Sandpit House Junc too...going be hard with the Pub in the way!

the section from Longueville to the Lombardstown cross is complete and lines applied....still subject to the 60 km/h limit though :rolleyes: not that anyone is taking any notice of it!

Work on the next section to Biddys Green seems to be going well, I can't see how they will not be finished way before the end of December forecasted on the signage.

the section from Longueville to the Lombardstown cross is complete and lines applied....still subject to the 60 km/h limit though :rolleyes: not that anyone is taking any notice of it!

Work on the next section to Biddys Green seems to be going well, I can't see how they will not be finished way before the end of December forecasted on the signage.

They should be finished I reckon, as for the speed limit the go safe van was at Roskeen today. I presume he would do anyone going over the 60 as opposed to the normal 100.

Bit sneaky imo.

there was an unmarked Gosafe at the racecourse too. Didn't spot the Roskeen one :-(

there was an unmarked Gosafe at the racecourse too. Didn't spot the Roskeen one :-(

Maybe it was the same one that moved...

for the first time ever I came across a gosafe van near Blarney on the northbound side of the road. Thought I was immune up to now (But I spotted him on the way in so i knew he was there but I thought I saw a little blue light come on for the 6 cars ahead of me which I guess could have been the camera. Didn't come on for me doing 99 km/h :)

Yup the van do be regularly on the Waterloo side of Blarney in the truck lay bys.

Back O/T I really hope they resurface the section of the N72 west of Ballymaquirk cross up to Anglands shop/Dromagh. The road is really rough and is prone to flooding and has claimed a life over the flooding last year.

I see the bridge on the N72 at Barraduff is almost complete, the council boys really milked that job in fairness. The N25 flyovers will be completed in quarter of the time...:rolleyes:

Oh yes almost forgot the Forge cross realingment on the N72 has been suspended also. The council did not buy enough land of the farmer leaving the new road a way to narrow...

Works on this road proceeding as scheduled I should say and a lovely job the contractors are making of it (after CCC cocking it up!)

I notice new poles being installed where people park near Mallow Railway Station. Parking restrictions coming soon I guess!

• Advertisement

Advertisement