Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did Orla rub her hair with a balloon or something?

/bitchmood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Is there no age limit on this show, he's like 15

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

/bitchmood.

Yeah was thinking the same!Seriously brush your hair, your going on tv!

/bitchmood.

Thought it looked very fuzzy alrite and I'm a man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Jaysus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

What's with the canned laughter?

Is it just me, or does it seem as if they are deliberately going easy on him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kinda bitchy comments from the one from Galway.

Surely a big age difference here

And they're both 19.... My judgement clearly out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

She is hot.

• Advertisement

Buzz,buzz,buzz

This lad is a character

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

What a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

What a f*ckong b*tch calling him a goat?!!!! And slagging the gingers????!! I'll have none of it!!!

He seems like good Craic I think!

Poor lad.

Call the ESB it's a blackout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

LadyHeart wrote: »
    What a f*ckong b*tch calling him a goat?!!!! And slagging the gingers????!! I'll have none of it!!!

i doubt he took it to heart though, i mean, she does have a pet goat.... not exactly putting the bar high herself

Tessa gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dee32

Is it just me, or does it seem as if they are deliberately going easy on him? :confused:

Jaysus, we where getting slagged for being truthful and maybe bitchy to the lads and now for going easy... We really can win. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Dee32 wrote: »

Jaysus, we where getting slagged for being truthful and maybe bitchy to the lads and now for going easy... We really can win. :eek:

i think she meant it in a GOOD way Dee, as opposed to the normally cringeworthy reasons the girls have to spit out and stumble over, honestly, the producers should have butted out a bit more and ray foley could do a better job of hiding his disdain and resentment for ye when yeir talking, if i can see it on tv, i can only imagine the tension some of the girls in the studio were feeling! :(

xsiborg wrote: »
    i think she meant it in a GOOD way Dee, as opposed to the normally cringeworthy reasons the girls have to spit out and stumble over, honestly, the producers should have butted out a bit more and ray foley could do a better job of hiding his disdain and resentment for ye when yeir talking, if i can see it on tv, i can only imagine the tension some of the girls in the studio were feeling! :(

Tension? There is 30 of them looking at one guy in front of them. I think is is the guy that would be feeling the nerves more TBH.

• Advertisement

ah come on galwayguy, fairness, the ginger chap last night was the best example of 'couldnt give a flying fúck' if ever i saw it, and even though yes he got a blackout, he was still good humored about it and had a great attitude, as opposed to some of the lads that walk out and just tbh have a 'couldnt be ársed!' attitude! the ginger chap was and remained confident throughout, as opposed to the chap that came out and goes 'i cant really sing', and then proceeds to sing! captain bloody obvious just had no confidence to start with, and he couldnt fill 30 seconds with something that he COULD do?? he'll make for a riveting date im sure!

ah i think you get where im coming from, the lads dont and wont take it to heart at all, whereas ray foley is the only one on the whole show thats making a twat of himself! its probably too late now to change presenters as its ray foleys bag, but i'd safely say producers are kicking themselves for their decision to have him host the show! :rolleyes:

ah come on galwayguy, fairness, the ginger chap last night was the best example of 'couldnt give a flying fúck' if ever i saw it, and even though yes he got a blackout, he was still good humored about it and had a great attitude, as opposed to some of the lads that walk out and just tbh have a 'couldnt be ársed!' attitude! the ginger chap was and remained confident throughout, as opposed to the chap that came out and goes 'i cant really sing', and then proceeds to sing! captain bloody obvious just had no confidence to start with, and he couldnt fill 30 seconds with something that he COULD do?? he'll make for a riveting date im sure!

ah i think you get where im coming from, the lads dont and wont take it to heart at all, whereas ray foley is the only one on the whole show thats making a twat of himself! its probably too late now to change presenters as its ray foleys bag, but i'd safely say producers are kicking themselves for their decision to have him host the show! :rolleyes:

Ever think that he might not want to appear too smug like some of the smarmy fellas that came out and thought they were gods gift? Mr rugby player from a few weeks ago comes to mind. Or maybe he was just a ordinary shy young fella. I saw nothing wrong with him and he got a date. And if Foley comments to the women when they make bitchy comments then fair play to him.

ah i think you're taking the girls cringeworthy scripted/edited retorts far too personally galwayguy, i tend not to take the show too seriously as at the end of the day it is only supposed to be entertainment tv, not to be taken seriously, and none of the contestants that have ever commented in this thread have had a bad word to say about their experience on the show.

i agree with you though that the guy might have been a bit shy so fair dues to him at least for going on the show and putting himself out there, i still stand by what i said though that he could've filled the 30 seconds better if he wasnt confident in his singing ability, tbh if he'd never said anything about it i wouldnt have facepalmed half as hard!
    as for the rugby playing guy- well its easy spot the difference between confidence and just sheer bravado, and he was lucky to get the date he did, good looking girl, and sure i know the show is a dating show as opposed to a relationships show, so i imagine she'll soon tire of his looks too and then he wont be able to fall back on his bravado facade, whereas the shy guy and the ginger snap will always be popular with the ladies because of their personalities!

its one hour in the week of a superficial show thats only meant for light entertainment, it fails miserably in that regard on so many levels, but sure at least there's always the commentary in this thread to keep us all entertained! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

/bitchmood.

I thought it looked like she's been 'taken out' just before she came on stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blondiebear

It was'nt the same girl who said he was like a goat & ginger or are you that short sighted you could'nt tell the difference. Sad people have to take it soooooooo seriously! She said the way he was flaying his legs reminded her of the goat don't exactly:D think she should be hung for that!

LadyHeart wrote: »

It was'nt the same girl who said he was like a goat & ginger or are you that short sighted you could'nt tell the difference. Sad people have to take it soooooooo seriously! She said the way he was flaying his legs reminded her of the goat don't exactly think she should be hung for that!

jpcarlow wrote: »
    i doubt he took it to heart though, i mean, she does have a pet goat.... not exactly putting the bar high herself

Tessa gone :(
    She has a pet goat & your point being?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dee32

ah i think you're taking the girls cringeworthy scripted/edited retorts far too personally galwayguy, i tend not to take the show too seriously as at the end of the day it is only supposed to be entertainment tv, not to be taken seriously, and none of the contestants that have ever commented in this thread have had a bad word to say about their experience on the show.

i agree with you though that the guy might have been a bit shy so fair dues to him at least for going on the show and putting himself out there, i still stand by what i said though that he could've filled the 30 seconds better if he wasnt confident in his singing ability, tbh if he'd never said anything about it i wouldnt have facepalmed half as hard!
    as for the rugby playing guy- well its easy spot the difference between confidence and just sheer bravado, and he was lucky to get the date he did, good looking girl, and sure i know the show is a dating show as opposed to a relationships show, so i imagine she'll soon tire of his looks too and then he wont be able to fall back on his bravado facade, whereas the shy guy and the ginger snap will always be popular with the ladies because of their personalities!

its one hour in the week of a superficial show thats only meant for light entertainment, it fails miserably in that regard on so many levels, but sure at least there's always the commentary in this thread to keep us all entertained! ;)

I know this is hard to believe... but we had no script. The only thing we are told before the guy comes on is a tip at what his question to the last 2 girls will be. Something like "the guys will ask you, what can you do with your hands" even just one word of a tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

She has a pet goat & your point being?!:confused:
    well personally i wouldnt take someone who compares me to their pet seriously, even if they love them dearly. Its the whole Master/Mistress & Pet hierarchy thing that would bug me. One being above the other rather than equal

*indepth analysis of a throwaway comment on a friday night timefiller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

First of all as Dee32 has already mentioned there is no script involved with the filming of TMO. All comments made by the girls are literally thought up on the spot when Ray comes over and asks a question.

Secondly Ray is absolutely lovely to all the girls and there is no tension at all. When a new girl comes on the show he will have a little chat with them and make sure they aren't nervous the first time he talks to them.

The show is meant for light entertainment and not meant to be taken seriously. I was one the show for 8 episodes, didn't get a date, got my light turned out loads and was insulted by a male contestant because I told him he wasn't my type. Regardless of all this I really enjoyed the experience.

Also no need to feel sorry for any of the blokes on the show they are all doing very well for themselves in the girl department after the show especially if they got a blackout :p

Advertisement