Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Vs PVC Front door?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

48nico wrote: »
    Update, have been waiting since november for the company to install the doors,asked for my deposit back today,so many excuses from them ,damage door ,frame wrong size,so im back to square one:(,

LOL, like in so many other aspects of building - and which I'm blue in the face about sometimes - you truly do (or don't...) get what you pay for..........

As long as 'price is king' to so many people, then. the time quality not only of product, but of service, becomes evident, is when things go wrong. Sometimes truly, the best price is not the best offering.

Sorry, on a related matter, I'm looking for a 970 x 2050 Alu door, glazed top half, open-out, in white, for my new garage.

Prices I got today nearly made fall off my chair (over 1k !) . Am I being unrealistic, or what prices should I be seeing for something like this ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

How about this, just make sure the door opens outwards. This helps with draughts as the wind pushes the door into the frame and seals it in. Nearly every door i have seen on the continent does this and I cant believe it is not done here. After that its all yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭48nico

got the doors fitted today lovely job lovely price:)

Advertisement