Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overweight people bringing attention to their weight....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

My sisters know not to ask my opinion on how they look unless they want to hear the truth.

Sister: "Does this look nice"

Other sisters: "Oh yeah, gorgeous"

Me: "At least cover your camel toe ya sluh!"

I love my sisters really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

And what would you base that opinion on? met most women?

Have you said to any of the girls you have been out with, "does my ass look big in this?”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's just a simple case of looking for sympathy and reassurance, which is a game of russian roulette, because for every person who'll pander to you and say "ah you're grand" there will also be someone who would take Ricky Gervais' view on the matter! Which, I imagine, is just going to make you 10 times worse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Self-deprecating comments are just a method of dealing with insecurity. If someone's making remarks like this is means they're extremely self-concious of their weight. I guess there might be an element of preemption there as well: if they point out their own faults then there'll be no need for others to do likewise.

mine was funnier

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Laugh and say "its funny cos you're gonna lose a foot". Then stare at them till they leave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement