Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Harvey met Bob - RTE1 now

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

was harvey goldsmith , alan sugars twin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

it wasnt bad have to say, enjoyed it. pity they had to substiute the old wembley for croke park!!!:D not sure about the paul mccartney guy, looked slightly random???? i wonder did geldof have any input into this or just think it was a load of shoittteeeeeee....??????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I taught it was crap, but not surprised having watched the trailers.

It looked like it was done on a budget i.e. rushed & hurried.

The film was hardly 10 mins old when already Band Aid was covered and they're already planning Live Aid, I mean steady on.

The acting was dreadful, the script was dreadful, replacing Dublin for 80s London didn't fool me.

I also taught it was shameful that Paula Yates & Midge Ure were over looked as they played a major part in it, and BTW what was Paula doing with a tash at the beginning when they were watching TV.

And i would have taught they would have featured the iconic moment when Geldof himself sang at Live Aid, singing i don't like mondays.

You got no sense of the whole atmosphere and occasion of the time it was just completely flat:cool:

and as for the ending, with a very false wembley backdrop like something out of a school play:rolleyes: good god!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Love all the modern cars in the background even though its supposed to be 1985!:p I know they cant help it, small budget

and did you see Harvey Goldsmith with a plasma TV:rolleyes:

i mean ffs could they not get there hands on an old style TV for that scene:cool:

> did you see the guy playing Billy Connolly:pac: didn't know Billy was so small back then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

philstar wrote: »

> did you see the guy playing Billy Connolly:pac:
    I think he was an Irish 'comedian'. I cannot think of his name, he is BRUTAL. He was on the LLS once. JonathonAnon might remember him because we slagged the bejaysis out of him at the time. Its REALLY bugging me that I can't think of his name. I've checked IMDB but the full cast is not listed.
    I thought the drama was fairly shoight, Gleeson's performance was impressive if a bit OTT. The rest of it was quite amateurish with some seriously bad casting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Just remembered who he is
    http://www.daveyounglive.com/
    It was him playing Billy Connolly alright, its mentioned on his twitter page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jos28 wrote: »
    Just remembered who he is http://www.daveyounglive.com/ It was him playing Billy Connolly alright, its mentioned on his twitter page

It was him alright jos, good spot. Some pictures of the shooting at http://www.facebook.com/young1productions?v=wall&viewas=0 his facebook page..

And this is the appearance on the Saturday Night Show, that I thought was awful because he made absolute FOOLS of the poor audience members.. Really over the top and unfunny..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭George White

Tomohawk wrote: »
    The state of Billy Connolly or is it Roger Whitaker?:D
    Indeed, Dave Young, oh gor blimey, it looked as if wig and beard would fall off him any minute...

Watching this now. Yes, pity there's no Ure, but Gleeson is spot-on as Geldof, Makes me chuckle seeing the anachronisms and Dublin as London..
    And Brian May seen only from the back...

Advertisement