Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Harvey met Bob - RTE1 now

Options
  • 13-10-2010 10:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Accurate representation but by god the acting is pretty "shoite"

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hi amdub, Thought the Paul McCartney was hilarious... Cant wait to see how they do Bowie and Mercury.. :D

That's Brendan Gleeson's son Domhnaill playing Bob.. Says he only spent two weeks learning the accent.. he's not too bad..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi Jonathan

I've just switched it on!

Yes I am still laughing at Paul Mc - he couldn't decide if he from Liverpoo-wel or Oirish. Or something else that I am not sure.

I was wondering who was playing Bob!

Not mad on the Paula character thus far...

Great docu-drama tho - I have it sky plussed so will prob watch it again at the weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Why does Paula have insipid blonde hair instead of the bleach blonde??? I am sure that even back then she had the mad hair.....?

amdublin wrote: »
    I was wondering who was playing Bob!

The Blonde is NOT Paula Yates... She has only been shown twice in the whole thing and has not had one word in the script .... Certainly not giving her ANY credit for it, not even as a supporting partner to Geldof...

The skinny blonde is "Marsha", possibly a fictitious "aide" to help the dialogue..

The Blonde is NOT Paula Yates... She has only been shown twice in the whole thing and has not had one word in the script .... Certainly not giving her ANY credit for it, not even as a supporting partner to Geldof...

The skinny blonde is "Marsha", possibly a fictitious "aide" to help the dialogue..

Ah jaysis!!!!!!

But she played a HUGE part in it????? They both watched the BBC docu about the famine in Ethiopia. He woke up the next morning having thought about doing a song/single. She had left for work already and before going to work she had pinned a note to the fridge saying that everyone who came in to their house had to donate £5 to Africa. What I am trying to say is that it affected her as much as him and she wanted to do something about it but he just thought on a bigger scale.....

I think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Has Midge Ure being airbrushed out of it? Geldolf's accent aint bad. Can't wait to see Bongo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Who's the blonde assistant?

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Has Midge Ure being airbrushed out of it? Geldolf's accent aint bad. Can't wait to see Bongo.

Yeah although was Midge more involved with Band Aid than Live Aid?

She had left for work already and before going to work she had pinned a note to the fridge saying that everyone who came in to their house had to donate £5 to Africa.

aaahhhhh.. that bit was covered .. He asked "aide" to give 5 euros when she collected him from the house and mentioned it was Paula's idea... But shur what would a woman have been capable of in 1985, did they even have the vote.. ;)
    Has Midge Ure being airbrushed out of it? Geldolf's accent aint bad.

Yeah, he's been completely written out of it, even more so than Paula.. He helped organise a lot of the bands from what I read..

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Who's the blonde assistant?

Supposedly Marsha, Bob Geldof's aide, like I said above I reckon that it was just a character written in to help with the dialogue..

• Advertisement

Apparently Midge co-organised it with Bob and Harvey :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midge_Ure

That's desperate!

When Harvey met Bob - RTE1 nowWhen Harvey Met Bob (and Midge Ure went on a holiday apparently) - RTE1 now

FYP

oh hang on that was him with the sunglasses.. I hope they dont redo the electric violin solo from Vienna, jaysus that was rough..

They should just slot in some real footage here ;)

Okay so Midge is on holidays or else he's there with sunglasses on.

Where is Paula now???!!!!! Why aren't they showing her up in the royal box with Charles, Diana and Fifi Trixibelle?

Where is Paula now???!!!!! Why aren't they showing her up in the royal box with Charles, Diana and Fifi Trixibelle?

Well I remember INXS playing on the Australian leg :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Get up Rocky Bob ya bum!

Well I remember INXS playing on the Australian leg :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha ha!

Oh jaysis Billy C is a bit fat! Was he fat back then???

The state of Billy Connolly or is it Roger Whitaker?:D

This is the bit where Bono forgot about the Ethiopians and thought it was all The Bono Show.

Poor aul Macca, things don't go well for him here

• Advertisement

Oh jaysis Billy C is a bit fat! Was he fat back then???

Lol he looked like Salman Rushdie.. and with similar paranoid eyes..

I've just updated Midge Ure's wiki page, here are the changes for your approval...
    James "Midge" Ure, OBE (born 10 October 1953) is a Scottish guitarist, singer, keyboard player, and songwriter. Ure co-wrote and produced the charity single "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and co-organised Band Aid, Live Aid and Live 8 with Bob Geldof. He twice received an Ivor Novello Award with Geldof for co-writing "Do They Know It's Christmas?" Ure acts as trustee for the charity, and serves as ambassador for Save The Children had fuk all to do with Live-Aid, bar standing at the side of the stage wearing a pair of (albeit cool) sunglasses

I've just updated Midge Ure's wiki page, here are the changes for your approval...

100% accurate

*looks for Approved stamp*

Ah there it is.

APPROVED

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Supposedly Marsha, Bob Geldof's aide, like I said above I reckon that it was just a character written in to help with the dialogue..
    No I meant the actress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

...and poverty and starvation disappeared never to bother people again.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    No I meant the actress!

Google her earlier thinking I knew her from something else, but I didnt..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonia_Campbell-Hughes

Okay night all! Prob see you for the LLS on Friday!

That wasn't the worst, must dig out the Boxset DVD of the actual gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Interesting, but I thought he overdid the sulky, moaning Bob. Nice, but a bit overcooked. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Love all the modern cars in the background even though its supposed to be 1985!:p I know they cant help it, small budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Beverley Macca

Enjoyed the show. I was involved in their lives back in the 90's. Paula was sound but uncontrollable, she loved her girls but got terrible press. Hadn't a good opinion of Bob when I hit London but changed that opinion when I got to know him.

I learned the old story about the papers- Never believe what you read. Used to read about them in the papers, and it was rubbish. Made up.

Advertisement