Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I seen a UFO over Limerick and got a photo

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

phill106 wrote: »
    I welcome our new sky lantern alien overlords

As you can see they are flying in a triangular pattern, so obvious signs of intelligence (unlike myself)

These images are clearly from a fertility clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Max Hunter wrote: »
    That is so strange.

I was walking the dog on the the golf course, Kenmare Saturday night around 19.30. I noticed the very same light moving about three times the speed of a jet.

I've seen a few shooting stars but nothing like this.

OMG!

What did the Dog think?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Max Hunter

zuroph wrote: »
    ISS passed at 19.25 on 30th October.
    EDIT, sorry, 19.57 on saturday, 19.25 on sunday

Nice one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

tonyheaney wrote: »
    mate that's a Chinese lantern like this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV7nQU7iaCg

nope its not, it looks like one there because the camera is crappy and cant focus properly, but like I've said 20 times before, what I observed on the 11'th was not a lantern, I've seen dozens of the things in the air the last few nights and I can tell the difference.

Practically every other page in this thread has someone going M8 M8 THATS A LANTERN M8 after not reading the previous five posts of people telling me its a lantern and me telling them its not.

AGAIN IN GLORIOUS CAPS LOCKS ON THE 11'TH IT WAS A LARGE OBJECT WITH BRIGHT ELECTRIC ORANGE LIGHT NOT A CANVAS LANTERN WITH A CANDLE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Gneez wrote: »
    AGAIN IN GLORIOUS CAPS LOCKS ON THE 11'TH IT WAS A LARGE OBJECT WITH BRIGHT ELECTRIC ORANGE LIGHT NOT A CANVAS LANTERN WITH A CANDLE

hot air balloon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I hate to rain on your parade grizzly but I do think that today they were lanterns, between 18:00 and 23:00 there was a constant stream of them being sent off from around steamboat quay, every time I looked out the window of my flat towards steamboat there was loads of the bloody things flying around the place, I watched maybe 30 of them fly over the Shannon towards the northwest quite quickly as winds seemed quite strong.

However if you say that they were going against the wind and that they something else entirely I wont dispute you as I know that what I witnessed on the 11'th October wasn't a lantern either.

No problem there about raining on my parade.Just reporting what I saw,and only other trouble is I am nowhere near Steamboat Quay.Thank God!I'm 3 miles NORTH of Limerick City in Clare.Also from where I was standing these things came from the SE direction of the country.Even the wind of which little there was, as I have a pretty good weather station here had it at W to WSW at appx 0to 5 mph . IOW they would have had to have come UP the Shannon from the right from where I was standing,if it was skanger..er steamboat quay launches.
    These came from the left,and went DOWN the Shannon over Limerick.
    And they were not flying lanterns as the speed and formation holding is just not possible for somthing with no means of forward propulsion.

It was Halloween night,so I'm taking into account all sorts of weird and wonderful things flying about.However,they were NOT fireworks,as they were well above 10 thousand feet I estimate.I dont think Chinese lanterns make it that high either,considering it was also a damp wet night,which means your candle isnt going to last that long by simple physics of weather.Nor were they aircraft,as there was a plane going into Shannon around that time,and it looks totally different.IE strobe light green/red position lights etc.
    So I'm all ears to a plausible down to earth explanation, too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i cant understand how all you people are putting up estimates of height, considering
    A) you dont know the size of the object,
    B) you have no object of reference beside it in an open sky.

yes, lanterns are perfectly capable of holding formation,as they are all being carried on the same wind. we set some off in tight triangular formations, and they were spotted in triangular formation on far side of city.

As for where you saw them, anybody could have been setting off lanterns, its not just an organised event confined to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

zuroph wrote: »
    i cant understand how all you people are putting up estimates of height, considering
    A) you dont know the size of the object,
    B) you have no object of reference beside it in an open sky.

yes, lanterns are perfectly capable of holding formation,as they are all being carried on the same wind. we set some off in tight triangular formations, and they were spotted in triangular formation on far side of city.

As for where you saw them, anybody could have been setting off lanterns, its not just an organised event confined to the city.
    I also posted pic of 3 in formation. Ok it was tongue in cheek, but they were in a triangular shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Subtle_Code

nope its not, it looks like one there because the camera is crappy and cant focus properly, but like I've said 20 times before, what I observed on the 11'th was not a lantern, I've seen dozens of the things in the air the last few nights and I can tell the difference.

Practically every other page in this thread has someone going M8 M8 THATS A LANTERN M8 after not reading the previous five posts of people telling me its a lantern and me telling them its not.

Hey Gneez,

I'm with ya - it's wasn't a Chinese latern - I saw the same thing a few weeks ago from outside my house in Rebogue.

Friend of mine was over and saw it first and called me to have a look.

When we saw it, it was travelling very quickly in a straight line at about the height you mentioned. I dunno what speed airplanes normally travel at - few hundred miles an hour ? Anyway, this must have been going 2 or 3 times as fast as what you'd normally see a passenger jet travelling at.

If it's a chinese latern, hats off to the chinese! They've got some good engineers over there :)

You can buy a 10 pack of Chinese Lanterns upstairs in TK Maxx.

- Should keep this thread humming along nicely until 2011 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

To add some culture to this thread, and to remind everyone of the dangers of playing with fire ;)

The Armadillo, by the poet Elizabeth Bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

It was a Chinese lantern

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

There's a large bright white object over limerick right now, visible from shannon and moving slowly across the sky, not a star or planet and wasn't visible this time last night, not a lantern, if you're up take a look out towards the south. It's massively bright you can't miss it.

There's a large bright white object over limerick right now, visible from shannon and moving slowly across the sky, not a star or planet and wasn't visible this time last night, not a lantern, if you're up take a look out towards the south. It's massively bright you can't miss it.

Oh? So you can see it tooooooooo !!!

dark-werewolf-moon-image-31000.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

They are on the way to take our wimins and impregnate them
    and produce hybrid green babies. (Also Hide all your pet hamsters they love swallowing them whole)

http://thebrilliantstories.com/nasa-news-conference-on-new-object-in-space/454235/

~B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement