Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jesus, Conor towers over Siver.

Some serious fights coming up in 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

The big annoucement is Croker i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Siver must feel like an awful plonker. Just tuned in a minute ago, was he even asked anything?

Was the 'Big' announcement made yet?

He was revolved around Conor of course spoke in German so clueless to his response, all fighters spoke bar Dolloway & Machida I think.

look at ASOT post a few posts back announcement was whole rundown of next years Schedule 13 ppvs running to UFC 194 December 5th next year along with a whole heap of events fight nights and such 40+ events altogether including 7 in Brazil,heading straight back to Mexico & IRELAND!!,at least 2 events in Oz region, other places include Scotland and Poland aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

edit: question answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,157 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TimRiggins wrote: »
    The big annoucement is Croker i'd say

Doubt it tbh.
    It'd be really silly to announcing with a fight scheduled for jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    Doubt it tbh.
    It'd be really silly to announcing with a fight scheduled for june.

My guess is the big announcement was gonna be Croker but they couldn't get in done in time.

What fight is scheduled for June?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought the announcement would be the new uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

By the sounds of things Brock will be back to, cant wait. Heyman says hes 100% for the first time in his life it could be interesting. He still doesnt like getting hit in the face though so im not sure how his second run will go. Bit of an anticlimax for the whole thing. Love Vitors mohawk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

why would they announce croker ? Conor has a fight in Jan, mis-match or not anything can happen if he lost his stock while still high would make selling a stadium difficult, there not gonna announce something like that at the risk of injuries imo

My guess is the big announcement was gonna be Croker but they couldn't get in done in time.

What fight is scheduled for June?

Hold yer horses man there is no fights announced for March yet let alone June, dates are known including dates that PPV's fall on thats it. Time will give us what venues/cities they will visit and how cards come together will obviously be determined on how upcoming bouts play out

• Advertisement

I really doubt it was that given McGregor v Siver and Cub v Edgar still have to happen. A announcing a stadium without a title shot would be ridiculousl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

With speculation that there could be a fight in Croke Park..... um.. how do you get around the outdoor stadium in Ireland thing? It would never work unless they covered it over for the event, what with our weather being rather terrible all year round.

With speculation that there could be a fight in Croke Park..... um.. how do you get around the outdoor stadium in Ireland thing? It would never work unless they covered it over for the event, what with our weather being rather terrible all year round.
    They'd have to tarp over it if it were to happen. At leat over the central area.

If it was to happen, I think Aviva is more likely than Croker.
    More realistic capacity, easier to make shift a proper roof, and Croke park neighbours would no nuts, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Burb5

189 will be the fight week PPV in Las Vegas this was already confirmed weeks ago, if Dublin has a chance for a numbered card it would be 190 on August 1st

I'd post the link but I can't as a new user, however the detail is not hard to find.

Burb5 wrote: »
    189 will be the fight week PPV in Las Vegas this was already confirmed weeks ago, if Dublin has a chance for a numbered card it would be 190 on August 1st

Yeah of course. Start of July.
    The June PPV us a possibility also.

Tbf, if the belt wasn't contested in dublin. Fight week would be a big card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Loved the 'last word' back and forth between Jones and Cormier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

how do you get around the outdoor stadium in Ireland thing? It would never work unless they covered it over for the event, what with our weather being rather terrible all year round.

See Carl Frampton's fight mid September. Temporary outdoor stadium built for the fight. I wasn't there(no mula for ticket) but heard it was a massive success from people there and had great reports on tv.

Theres a lot less logistical planning for an already build venue.

IMO talk of a title fight/ppv here next summer are way premature, I don't think Aldo would do it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭xtal191

Give him enough cash and Aldo will do it.

Free One Month FightPass Subscription - https://www.ufcrewards.com

With this new UFC rewards program if you sign up and entre all your profile information, link social media accounts & follow all there social media accounts youll get enough points to redeem for a one month subscription, handy for anyone who enjoyed there free month trial but didnt want to keep paying for it. I redeemed mine there for a month subscription its not active yet so il keep people posted.

79ce7ed627d0e668ad1bb6b3ec878f97.png

xtal191 wrote: »
    Give him enough cash and Aldo will do it.

He'll do what he's told :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

He'll do what he's told :pac::pac:

Fly economy.

ASOT wrote: »
    Free One Month FightPass Subscription - https://www.ufcrewards.com

With this new UFC rewards program if you sign up and entre all your profile information, link social media accounts & follow all there social media accounts youll get enough points to redeem for a one month subscription, handy for anyone who enjoyed there free month trial but didnt want to keep paying for it. I redeemed mine there for a month subscription its not active yet so il keep people posted.

79ce7ed627d0e668ad1bb6b3ec878f97.png

Just an update on this my subscription for the month is live, delighted with it. Going to make another accoutn on the rewards and do this to get another month to redeem when this is over!

I know there like two months away from the fight and it could be the lighting and such but does anderson looks a bit on the heavy side, anyone else??

https://vine.co/v/OJmiO0wjmgX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

He looks a good 20lbs heavier than Diaz. Looks like he's walking around at well over 200lbs there. I think Diaz is going to get a bad bad beating in this fight, if he's no KO'd early. Anderson may not be as good as he used to be, but he's still far too fast for Diaz on the feet. And with Silva's size and weight advantage, Diaz won't be able to control him.

He looks a good 20lbs heavier than Diaz. Looks like he's walking around at well over 200lbs there. I think Diaz is going to get a bad bad beating in this fight, if he's no KO'd early. Anderson may not be as good as he used to be, but he's still far too fast for Diaz on the feet. And with Silva's size and weight advantage, Diaz won't be able to control him.

Have you listened to chaels podcast this week were he has Nate on? He said Nick is fairly happy about fighting Anderson even though hes bigger than him, Said hes used to it from fights beforehand. But from that vine Anderson looks WAY bigger than him. I dont know why but something in my gut is telling me Diaz will win this, obviously it comes down to how well Anderson comes back from the leg break, he will never throw kicks properly again with that leg, even if he says hes over it the mind will be weird on him when throwing a kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

ASOT wrote: »
    Have you listened to chaels podcast this week were he has Nate on? He said Nick is fairly happy about fighting Anderson even though hes bigger than him, Said hes used to it from fights beforehand. But from that vine Anderson looks WAY bigger than him. I dont know why but something in my gut is telling me Diaz will win this, obviously it comes down to how well Anderson comes back from the leg break, he will never throw kicks properly again with that leg, even if he says hes over it the mind will be weird on him when throwing a kick.

I dunno man, I don't think Anderson even needs kicks to win this fight. If they were the same size, I'd be going for an AS win here. The size advantage just compounds it for me.

How do you see Diaz winning this? Grinding it out over 5 rounds? Maybe he has a chance if he makes it past the second round. Fair play to him if he does.

I dunno man, I don't think Anderson even needs kicks to win this fight. If they were the same size, I'd be going for an AS win here. The size advantage just compounds it for me.

How do you see Diaz winning this? Grinding it out over 5 rounds? Maybe he has a chance if he makes it past the second round. Fair play to him if he does.

Im not even going to bull**** about why i think hes going to win but its just have a feeling thats about it, no logical answer for a change haha :pac: Granite jaw will help him immensely but like you said the size advantage should help Silva but i duno i just think Diaz can pull off some sort of wonder sub or ko. Im absolutely dying for it anyway. There are some excellent fights coming up over the next few months!!

This just announced for 183, cards shaping up nicely! MASSIVE step up for Kelvin, I really like both fighters so its a win win for me!

e758fa2aaf00c8e17cf0c928f66380bb.png

Nick is an average WW, Silva's a big MW. He looks no heavier than I'd expect.

Doctors said that Silvas leg would heal as strong as before. And by the fight he'll have thrown a 1000 kicks.

Aldo bare in mind that Nick's also had a layoff almost twice as long as Silva.
    Silva will destroy him.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Nick is an average WW, Silva's a big MW. He looks no heavier than I'd expect.

Doctors said that Silvas leg would heal as strong as before. And by the fight he'll have thrown a 1000 kicks.

Aldo bare in mind that Nick's also had a layoff almost twice as long as Silva.
    Silva will destroy him.

Shhhh stop with your logic :pac: I have a premonition that Diaz will win so im going to stick to it :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement