Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Reports are few and far between but none mentions a reason why he has been pulled. This alone does not bode well considering Gaudinot's less than squeaky clean history. Surely if it was an injury, it would have been reported straight away as such. Anybody else hear anything??

Hope he has not been acting the maggot (again) as I really like watching his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Only just seen Artem Lobov's bid to face Dennis Siver has failed and Siver has been pitted against an unbeaten American Charles Rosa (9-0,9 finishes only 1 outside the 1st round).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Only just seen Artem Lobov's bid to face Dennis Siver has failed and Siver has been pitted against an unbeaten American Charles Rosa (9-0,9 finishes only 1 outside the 1st round).

Is he not from france the guy Siver got matched with? thought I seen on twitter he hadnt even been fighting pro long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Is he not from france the guy Siver got matched with? thought I seen on twitter he hadnt even been fighting pro long.

Oh no I didn't see he was paired with a French guy Taylor something or other was actually the initial replacement yea it is changed now though it is this Charles Rosa lad....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Haven't seen it mentioned...

JK announced on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour that Paddy Holohan will be fighting Chris Kelades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just been announced that Seery will be stepping in to fight Richy Vaculik on Nov 8th. Should be a good fight.
    https://twitter.com/UFC_AUSNZ/status/516724899604213761

• Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just been announced that Seery will be stepping in to fight Richy Vaculik on Nov 8th. Should be a good fight.
    https://twitter.com/UFC_AUSNZ/status/516724899604213761

Woo hoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

John Kavanagh trolling MMA journo's by getting the phrase Raspberry Jackhammer into the interview is pretty gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Dan Hardy looking to get cleared and fight in 2015, says he wants to teach Sanchez a lesson in martial arts and basically rips him a fair bit. Hopefully he gets cleared, was by far one of the nicest guys iv ever met in my life. Such a nice bloke at the Media day, said he was planning to come back but wasnt sure if he would be cleared, delighted theres a possibility now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What is up with the amount of fighters calling out or wanting to fight Sanchez?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

unknown13 wrote: »
    What is up with the amount of fighters calling out or wanting to fight Sanchez?

Popular fighter with a big name, who just happens to be on the slide (much like how everyone seems to call out Dan Henderson).

Diego is very easy to hit. Hasn't knocked anyone out in a bit and has won a few close decisions, incl. 1 or 2 controversial. Also known to have a few fight of the night bonuses in his locker.

It's also because of the atrocious win over Ross Pearson. He's been called out by UK fighters who'd be mates with Ross.

Ah Jaysus Mayhem Miller is live tweeting a standoff with police right now who are surrounding his house trying to arrest him. Dude is nuts, hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Been looking at his twitter since his tweet last night about dana and a girl he banged causing a rift in his marriage. Some really messed up tweets since then i think hes out of his face, either that or trolling. Youd never actually know with Miller. Will be a shame if he gets shot or anything like that i think hes hilarious. Love his series of TUF with bisping.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It does seem a bit much to have a SWAT team out there.. but I guess when you consider how mad he's acting and the fact its the US the police probably feel its justified :confused:

It's probably not a SWAT team at all. Local plods everywhere in the states have riot gear and they're itching to get out in it. Special Weapons And Tactics me arse.

Apparently he is safe and in custody. Really thought he was on the mend the last couple of months, he made some posts on how be is gonna turn his life around.

It's probably not a SWAT team at all. Local plods everywhere in the states have riot gear and they're itching to get out in it. Special Weapons And Tactics me arse.
    Well the mmajunkie articles had tweets from the OC Sheriffs department and they referred to the as SWAT, the photos looked pretty serious anyway, Armalites and MP5s!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Well the mmajunkie articles had tweets from the OC Sheriffs department and they referred to the as SWAT, the photos looked pretty serious anyway, Armalites and MP5s!

not see ferguson pics?? it's called the army surplus act, basically local police forces apply for stuff from the army they have 1 year to use it or have to return it to the army, so they all roll out the stuff as soon as possible

not see ferguson pics?? it's called the army surplus act, basically local police forces apply for stuff from the army they have 1 year to use it or have to return it to the army, so they all roll out the stuff as soon as possible
    Not really as I generally try to avoid american news, but I had heard about the police getting military grade equipment from a thread here on boards, I didnt realise they rolled it out at the drop of a hat though:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

But that doesn't mean it's not SWAT. The SWAT team is a division of the local police. I'd imagine they get to play with the new toys first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

At the water protest in Dublin today :D

10665772_1489760144612496_7710708312567484188_n.jpg?oh=6dc07b5dcf9be83c2432829e9eee777d&oe=54CA2F01&__gda__=1422326609_f62f8713a9f63f407b6ab1aaab4338e2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dave1982 wrote: »
    At the water protest in Dublin today :D

10665772_1489760144612496_7710708312567484188_n.jpg?oh=6dc07b5dcf9be83c2432829e9eee777d&oe=54CA2F01&__gda__=1422326609_f62f8713a9f63f407b6ab1aaab4338e2

There's a question, what's Chris fields up to these days?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    There's a question, what's Chris fields up to these days?

I dunno, but he was gas on twitter...

https://twitter.com/chrisfieldsmma/status/520952848776167424

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Chan Sung Jung (Korean Zombie) will be out for two years because he has to do mandatory military service in his home country of South Korea, according to his facebook.

Really a bummer, very enjoyable fighter to watch.

Chan Sung Jung (Korean Zombie) will be out for two years because he has to do mandatory military service in his home country of South Korea, according to his facebook.

Really a bummer, very enjoyable fighter to watch.
    That's a bit shjte. I know in Germany and other countries that you get pass if you're a sports star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    That's a bit shjte. I know in Germany and other countries that you get pass if you're a sports star
    in Germany pro athletes have to do military/police service but the government accommodates their sports around it

in Germany pro athletes have to do military/police service but the government accommodates their sports around it

So basically they get a pass? I'm not 100 percent sure but I remember ralf and Michael Schumacher not having to do theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

As far as I know most armies that have mandatory national service, have special units that are made up entirely of professional sports people and a skeleton crew of full time soldiers who look after the administration of the unit. The sports people end up doing a bare minimum of actual military training.

It's basically a bluff job to allow sports people to carry on with their career while still meeting their constitutional obligations. I'm surprised South Korea don't have an arrangement in place to allow KZ to carry on in the UFC.

• Advertisement

Carwin said he'd come back for a lesnar rematch. Would be a good test to see how the 2 would do on their return. Would have loved to have seen carwin improve his cardio and go for a title run, serious power in those hands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement