Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity splitzville *megathread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Spice Girl Mel B aka Scary has filed for divorce from her husband Stephen Belafonte

David Schwimmer and wife Zoe Buckman have announced in a statement that they are taking a break from their marriage, after 10 years together.
    The Friends star and his wife Zoe confirmed the news to E! News in a statement, saying they are taking time apart to decide the future of their marriage.

'It is with great love, respect and friendship that we have decided to take some time apart while we determine the future of our relationship', the statement read.

'Our priority is, of course, our daughter's happiness and well being during this challenging time, and so we ask for your support and respect for our privacy as we continue to raise her together and navigate this new chapter for our family.'

www.goodtoknow.co.uk

I lol'd at break :o:P thinking of Ross and Rachel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Spice Girl Mel B aka Scary has filed for divorce from her husband Stephen Belafonte

Amazed that it lasted as long as it did, TBH!

Ben Stiller and wife actress Christine Taylor have split

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

What!! They seemed to be a very solid couple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Ben Stiller and wife actress Christine Taylor have split

Just saw this now. Awww. :(

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi divorce talk about again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi divorce talk about again

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Billie Lourd (daughter of Carrie Fisher) and Taylor Lautner have broke up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

If you're famous and in a relationship don't go on Strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Strictly is the death knell for married couples isn't it, Countdown Rachel Riley dumped her husband for one of the dancers, she was only married a year. Ben Cohen also dumped his wife of 11 years for a dancer. Been a few other ones too.

Shame about these two, I quite liked them. I'm sure Louise recent turn in Strictly and now her trying a career in the West End might have led to problems. Plus she's been living it up on nights out with some of younger girls she met on Strictly like Daisy Lowe, she did settle down quite young and more then likely wants to go out and have some fun, she's 42 and still attractive, i'm sure she be fighting off a lot guys young and old. I doubt She cheated on Jamie with one of the male dancers on Strictly, I think this one is a case of Louise getting a second bite of fame maybe a taste of the single life and not wanting to let it go like she did the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If the sunday papers are to be believed, and they probably aren't, she left him because he became too boring. all he wanted to do was sit at home and watch tv. She rediscovered the fun she had in her Eternal days when she went on strictly.

They have two young sons, they should be their priority

They have two young sons, they should be their priority

Worrying thing is she left him cause he basically was a boring stay at home dad. I hope she puts her kids first and not her new found fame and partying, read that her in laws have been slamming her about having a "mid Life" crisis. I don't know if this one will work out, would you take someone back a year or two down the line after they party themselves out and have a few flings and after they found themselves. I think this one could get quite messy down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

Lads this is all made up by a tabloid newspaper so who knows what actually happened. Most married mothers of two aren't so flighty that they just get bored and feck off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If she's not into him anymore, she's not into him anymore. She's not a prisoner.

Kids or no kids, she's free to leave when she wants.

This assumption that you have to make it work because you have kids is ridiculous imho. Kids will always suffer in an unhappy marriage. You're doing them no favours sticking around because of them.

Two happy separate parents is always better than two unhappy cohabiting miserable people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Looper007 wrote: »
    ?.. read that her in laws have been slamming her about having a "mid Life" crisis.

If it's true that her in-laws have been talking to the papers, that's not going to help anyone. She's still the mother of their grandkids and the press isn't the place to be thrashing out family matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

One things for certain , she didn't run off and have an affair with Kevin Clifton !

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote: »
    If she's not into him anymore, she's not into him anymore. She's not a prisoner.

Kids or no kids, she's free to leave when she wants.

This assumption that you have to make it work because you have kids is ridiculous imho. Kids will always suffer in an unhappy marriage. You're doing them no favours sticking around because of them.

Two happy separate parents is always better than two unhappy cohabiting miserable people.

I agree if she is unhappy don't stay with him but also she should put her kids first instead out partying

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I agree if she is unhappy don't stay with him but also she should put her kids first instead out partying

Even mothers are entitled to a night out. The papers make it look like she's out all the time but of course they would put that spin on it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

She strikes me as a very savvy woman and a good mother. I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone a few nights out. Her kids are not babies, the eldest is almost a teenager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

Well yeah, sometimes things aren't salvageable but sometimes marriages can be saved and be happy again with a bit of work. But they've been together a long time so I'm sure they did put the effort into saving their marriage.

Seems like Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have called it a day after 8 years of marriage. This one shocked me a little, as they seemed a pretty tight couple.

She strikes me as a very savvy woman and a good mother. I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone a few nights out. Her kids are not babies, the eldest is almost a teenager.

Still think more is at play with Louise then meets the eye, think she's definitely milking the situation for all it's worth in the media, she's got a new career after years of been Jamie's wife and she's not letting it go.

No one should be begrudge a night out or two out, but I think she's doing more then a few nights out and is acting like she's 21 again lol. I think it's a mid life crises but as long as she's a good mother that's all that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Seems like Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have called it a day after 8 years of marriage. This one shocked me a little, as they seemed a pretty tight couple.

That's a shame :(

She should have kept feeding him, so be fat :P

Martin Freeman and Sherlock co star Amanda Abbington have been broke up for a while now

• Advertisement

Martin Freeman and Sherlock co star Amanda Abbington have been broke up for a while now

Yeah they announced it in December of 2016, didn't hear of it until you mentioned it. It seems another case of one half of the relationship been in massive demand and been away from home and that just pulling them apart. A bit like Chris Pratt and Anna Faris, although I think a bit of professional jealous was in that too as she became Mrs Pratt after years of been the big star. Also seems she's been milking the attention quite a bit since the break up.

At least it was a "amicable" break up between Freeman and Abbington, but I usually take those things with a pinch of salt. She's no longer apart of the Sherlock cast, so it make it somewhat less awkward for Freeman I suppose.

Advertisement