Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Irish Top 25

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That's it for tonight, thought I'd stop this evening at Manson since most people thought he would win this when the final ten names came out.

We are left with:

Duncan Disorderly
    Justin Shape
    Omen
    Paddy Morrow
    Paul Tracey
    Sean "Maxer" Brennan

So who is going to take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Duncan Disorderly
    Justin Shape
    Omen
    Paddy Morrow
    Paul Tracey
    Sean "Maxer" Brennan

So who is going to take it?

Holy crap it really is a one promotion affair isnt it?!

Where could i find the podcast with manson and sheik?

Whoops, misunderstanding there! They weren't on podcast together, just that the Shiek is a favourite wrestler of the podcast and they both shared ring time together. Not wrestling though

Aye FFPW should be proud to see that top six right there. All six guys placed at either number 1,2 or 3 on most peoples lists, with the exceptions being very very few in between.

Whoops, misunderstanding there! They weren't on podcast together, just that the Shiek is a favourite wrestler of the podcast and they both shared ring time together. Not wrestling though

Ah. Dam my speed reading. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Number 8

Philly The Kid

Currently making a name for himself in FFPW, we have the dark horse of this list, Philly The Kid.

Philly is a man who I love to watch wrestler, because he makes wrestling fun. From the moment 5,6,7,8 comes through the soundsystem, you know you're in for a good time. The cowboy outfit just completes the whole thing.

He may not be everyones cup of tea, but part of that is because alot of people won't give him the chance he deserves, simply because of his gimmick. It's very easy to hate a cowboy who comes to the ring with Steps as his theme music, but if you look past it you'll find a very talented wrestler. Placing so high on this list is a strong testament to that fact. Philly also takes a gimmick that would cause most fans to boo him right out of the building, yet gets cheers from it. He knows that a gimmick can only do so much; if it's flat fans won't cheer for you. Philly gets a reaction every time he is in a match, and it's always the one he wants. Hopefully this year some fans will wise up and realise that under the hat is an extremely talented wrestler.

Besides, a cowboy is not that out of the ordinary, considering almost all of us love watching a zombie biker steal Wrestlemaina after Wrestlemania.

It seems that this write up kind of focuses on the fact that Phily The Kids gimmick should be given a chance. In reality the gimmick is loved by audiences young and old I haven't really heard any bad reports about it myself.
    You also dont really mention that in his last guise 'Phil The Thrill' he is a former 2 time NWA Ireland Heavyweight Champion and a 2 time Irish Tag Team Champion. He is also one of the most travelled wrestlers from Ireland who has been all over the UK,France, Spain, Sweden, Canada, USA and I'm sure one or two other places Im leaving out.He's also the head trainer of Irelands most successful training school and has been invited abroad to host training seminars. Not too shabby for a happy cowboy from Cabra.
    I just thought I'd add a bit more to his write up that maybe you might not have known. I hope this doesn't seem smart I just thought I'd help.

• Advertisement

Nonono man by all means, if people want to add anything to these lists then fell free. I'm not a guru of Irish wrestling by any means, so any notes that others can add would be welcomed with open arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 B Cool

Whens the top 6 coming up? Its been ages since the last one

I told you all before..

I won it :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 B Cool

so which of the top 6 are you?

All of them.

I have enough personalities to make up 6 men. My wit and charm were joint first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I wonder how many fellas registered for boards just to vote for themselves or their mates?:pac:

Quite a few new accounts floating around this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I would think that Mr. Hurley is growing impatient, waiting for his rightful declaration as Irelands Greatest.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I wonder how many fellas registered for boards just to vote for themselves or their mates?:pac:

I-said-bitch-be-cool.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Burt

The top 6 guys are all ffpw lads.
    I cant see there being much in them votes wise.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I would think that Mr. Hurley is growing impatient, waiting for his rightful declaration as Irelands Greatest.

I'd say he's even more impatient waiting outside Easons for you at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'd say he's even more impatient waiting outside Easons for you at this stage.

To be fair theres a McDonalds beside it so he gets no sympathy from myself anyway, thats cosy out like

CMpunked wrote: »
    I-said-bitch-be-cool.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Burt

I should just point out that this ^^^^
    is a reference to what comes to my head when i see B Cool's name. :)

I think the reason the top six guys are there is pure exposure really. You can see a lot of people voting on this that dont actually follow Irish wrestling but would have attended an AWR event on the power of the american draws. The Irish lads pulled off some great matches on these shows with each other and the yanks (stealing the show some nights). The fact that they are working for AWR means they are , with maybe the exception of one, the standard to work for in Irish wrestling. It is great for the fight factory to claim that they have produced so much talent in the top 30. It's brilliant advertising for the training school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mr.Superiority

So... any word on the final 6? Or is the tension going to keep building...?

Either way, the results speak volumes of the quality of training in the Fight Factory. The best of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mr.Superiority

Not quite, this poll only served to motivate me to join. I had been meaning to for a while, I just never go around to it. I assure you it wasn't a case of me joining to vote for particulars. I voted for who I thought were the best in Ireland.

Any tension has long since gone from this mr. I think maybe 5 months later and still no result is a bit too long. I know the boston crab didn't have to do this but i reckon the result should have been out before the new year. This thread has died a death due to lack of interest. I can only imagine TBC is holding out for his pod cast and he has done a great job with the write ups but maybe could have brought it together a bit swifter. This could have kept peoples attention and this thread might be more talked about now with discussions and the like but in fact interest has dwindled and unfortunately no one cares any more.

• Advertisement

but in fact interest has dwindled and unfortunately no one cares any more.
    Thats a little unfair.

Well it maybe harsh but you have to admit the thread isn't really over active these days.

Well it maybe harsh but you have to admit the thread isn't really over active these days.

No, but that is not from people caring or not caring,
    thats down to the lack of an update on the top 6.

Well maybe it was a bad choice of words but i stand by what i said. There is a lack of interest now and it really doesn't seem like there will be when the results come out. The only reason im keeping it up is because im an unapologetic shameless plugger of the fight factory.

Any tension has long since gone from this mr. I think maybe 5 months later and still no result is a bit too long. I know the boston crab didn't have to do this but i reckon the result should have been out before the new year. This thread has died a death due to lack of interest. I can only imagine TBC is holding out for his pod cast and he has done a great job with the write ups but maybe could have brought it together a bit swifter. This could have kept peoples attention and this thread might be more talked about now with discussions and the like but in fact interest has dwindled and unfortunately no one cares any more.

Stop going on about it then.

The guy is doing it in his own time, so he'll post the results when he's good and ready.

I did mention that what i know he didn't have to do it and it's appreciated that he is putting his time into it i just pointed out that there just isn't much interest in it now that so much time has elapsed. I dont mean to offend him or anyone else it's just my thoughts on the matter. I hope these last few posts actually spark interest again and get people talking.

I did mention that what i know he didn't have to do it and it's appreciated that he is putting his time into it i just pointed out that there just isn't much interest in it now that so much time has elapsed. I dont mean to offend him or anyone else it's just my thoughts on the matter. I hope these last few posts actually spark interest again and get people talking.

You must appreciate the irony in your saying no one cares when you quite obviously do.

I never said i didn't care. Its plain to see I do. I normally rip into someone who cant appreciate the irony in there own stupidity. If anything I would think its obvious that im actually trying to get some interest back into the thread. Im not trying to put pressure on TBC here i think the ship has sailed on the timing of this it would just be nice to see peoples thoughts on it. Like ' who do you think won?' or ' jesus Manson and Viper should be ahead of Omen and Shape'. But I cant see it happening now with the lengthy gaps between each set of names.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'm number one anyway.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm number one anyway.

D'fuk you are!
    ive been saying it, ive won :cool:

Advertisement