Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Irish Top 25

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Um.....Carl O'Rourke hasn't wrestled in years? Red Vinny is retired too...surely they're not eligible?

Carl was mentioned for good reasons, same with Red Vinny.

That list isn't in any order, its just the top 30 names. The real order will be coming out this week and next.

And on Lycan getting enough votes to make the top 30. Sure there are wrestlers that people will disagree on (The Conor Hurley voters will be crying bull**** :p) , but it doesn't mean they got number 1. If they got enough votes to break the list they got enough votes. There were wrestlers I would have liked to see in the final list but not enough people voted for them. (I like Lycan I should say, he plays a great big man.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I was under the idea that we'd know the best wrestler that wasn't Sheamus or Devitt. Surely you could count all the votes and make a ranking list? That's if it isn't too much hassle.

I was wrong. Disregard this post. I'm slow today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

This is the joys of a democracy now. A fair vote by everyone on boards and people whinge before the main results are even out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Gerard.C wrote: »
    This is the joys of a democracy now. A fair vote by everyone on boards and people whinge before the main results are even out.

I don't think anyone was under any illusions that it wasn't going to be contraversal, just wasn't expecting THIS contraversal. :pac:

I was under the idea that we'd know the best wrestler that wasn't Sheamus or Devitt. Surely you could count all the votes and make a ranking list? That's if it isn't too much hassle.

I feel like a broken record here since it's being said several times in the thread...that isn't the final list. It is the wrestlers who made the top 30. The final rankings and points will be coming out this week and next in the thread and the podcast. The points are already done and I have the final list. I just need to do write ups for the top part of the list and contact the winner so he can come onto the podcast.

Once again, just incase someone else doesn't see any of the posts.

Yes, there is a ranking. No, that list isn't the list in order. The rankings are coming out this week and next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I missed the other line. Sorry Sean :o:(

I missed the other line. Sorry Sean :o:(
    No hassle man, I still love ya ;) I just got PMs (****ing PMs!) from people giving out that the list wasn't in order and thinking that they would never find out. Hopefully that post will stop the PMs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus Christ remind me never to tak the time to try and do something that might be a bit of craic for the board to enjoy!!!

Poor aul Sean. Fair play to you for all the effort you're going to. There'll always be some people you can't please. Looking forward to seing the Top 30 take shape in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Since I've been mentioned by someone I might as well add my 2 cent.

Obviously there's gonna be disagreements if everyone felt exactly the same we'd only have ended up with a top ten.
    Also who's to say the people who've seen Lycan wrestle have ever seen me wrestle, thus as far as they're concerned he deserves to be in the list, not me.
    Btw, Mason has wrestled in Ireland this year, he did the 2 American Wrestling Superstar shows in Dublin and Castlebar.
    It's a bit of Craic at the end of the day it's and I doubt wrestlers are gonna gain or lose too many bookings if they're included in the list or not.

Fair play to Bostoncrab as I'm sure there's a lot of effort gone into this and so far very little appreciation.

Final note 9 of the 10 wrestlers I voted for made the list whoop whoop ( and the 10th wasn't myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

If I'd have known the likes of Carl O Rourke were allowed my top ten would probably be alot different.
    There are a few people in the list that kind of show me what way this might go. Flan you should try find your top 40 and compare it might make for soe interesting reading and smelly hats.

• Advertisement

If I'd have known the likes of Carl O Rourke were allowed my top ten would probably be alot different.
    There are a few people in the list that kind of show me what way this might go. Flan you should try find your top 40 and compare it might make for soe interesting reading and smelly hats.

There is no way people can tell what way this will go until the final list is up. I can't argue with the top 10 and the one other person who knows the top 10 can't find fault with it either. I have no alliance with any group, I'm just a fan of Irish wrestling. People voted and the number can't lie.

There is no way people can tell what way this will go until the final list is up. I can't argue with the top 10 and the one other person who knows the top 10 can't find fault with it either. I have no alliance with any group, I'm just a fan of Irish wrestling. People voted and the number can't lie.

When are the first group going to be revealed?

CMpunked wrote: »
    When are the first group going to be revealed?
    I was hoping to have them out today, but I got a deadline for FSM that got moved forward so I spent the day finishing that piece. I'll post up the first few tomorrow.

:eek:WHOOOOAH!!! Hold on to your horses there Im not insinuating anything Im only saying by the look of the names in there I can kinda judge where some people might fit in. Im only throwing a prediction out in my head. I know you're not affiliated with any group.

:eek:WHOOOOAH!!! Hold on to your horses there Im not insinuating anything Im only saying by the look of the names in there I can kinda judge where some people might fit in. Im only throwing a prediction out in my head. I know you're not affiliated with any group.
    Sorry man, my bad, long day and I'm not reading everything correctly.

Its alright I could've worded it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭nlw_coleman

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    Im calling Shennigans allready, for one theres guys on the list who have been retired for atleast at year or more,hasnt wrestled in ireland in over a year ala mason, and two nothen agaisnt the guy but "lycan" has only debuted at the DCW in september from the results posted and had 2 matches which were tags, really doubt he should be anywhere near there top 30, specially when someone like tron didnt even make the list.

Infact Manson wrestled on two shows this past May, one in Dublin, one in Castlebar.
    Maybe the scene hasn't been as 'dead' as people seem to think, they just dont go the shows :)

Infact Manson wrestled on two shows this past May, one in Dublin, one in Castlebar.

what ones were they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Good2beGlam

Manson was on the shows with the cage matches i believe! One was in Good Council where CPW used to run i think! Solid couple of shows from what i heard!

Manson was on the shows with the cage matches i believe! One was in Good Council where CPW used to run i think! Solid couple of shows from what i heard!

Awesome :D
    Hope he keeps on the scene and it wasnt just a one off thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Any update on this?

I could see a dark horse like Vic Viper or someone taking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thunderf5

anyone know what happened that top wrestlers list?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thunderf5 wrote: »
    anyone know what happened that top wrestlers list?

The Boston Crab is going to post up the results in a few batches soon iirc, each batch of names and their placing announced after/on the weekly podcast or something and then posted here.

I will definitley sticky the list somewhere - add it to the hotlinks sticky most likely, as it will be nice if we could keep an annual listing like this on boards PW

Any word on this yet?

Any word on this yet?

I won it.

Write ups for 30-21 are done and the Podcast is recorded, the first names will be up tomorrow :D

Podcast is online now with numbers 30-21 revealed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

screwed up

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    for those who cant be bothered to listen to the podcast heres 30-21:

30:carl o rourke
    29:JDP
    28:danny deans
    27:irish dragon
    26:wayne daly
    25:lycan
    24:insano
    23:Jc williams
    22:tucker
    21:the ballymun bruiser
    Cheers, you do know that the list is gooing into this thread with a write up for each entry later on today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

sorry lad didnt know, though it was just goin on the podcast, will delete the other post.

Advertisement