Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 year olds getting bikini waxing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

It makes more sense because it softens growth. The shaving and the immac increase growth.

And who knows how fast regrowth is from one individual to another.

Thinking on it now, waxing legs would have been wiser than shaving.

I was speaking to my beautician a few months ago and she said the very same as yourself, and that if she had children she would encourage waxing rather than shaving/creams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

I would rather the gusset of swimsuits was made of something more reinforced so hair couldn't poke through though and they came down a bit further. I never learnt to swim because I hit puberty very young and there was no way of hiding it.

I don't see anything wrong with children waxing in principle but it's expensive and slightly painful. It also draws more attention to the fact that they have pubes and their friends probably don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I wouldn't be comfortable with 11 year olds getting bikini waxes, salons can be very adult places esp the one which shows sex and the city.

If it is a problem whats the prob with trimming or bleaching it. Cut of swimming togs should be looked at too.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

hair removal creams can cause chemical burns, if you are not scrupulous about rinsing it off, it can give a nasty burn.

if i had a daughter who asked for help to remove hair, i would bring her into a salon to a professional rather than trusting her with creams or razors, in a tricky and sensitive area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I wouldn't be comfortable with 11 year olds getting bikini waxes, salons can be very adult places esp the one which shows sex and the city.
    Maybe shop around salons though? None of the ones I go to are how you describe. And they all have a secluded little plain room for waxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

But the "cool" thing about 5/6 years ago (around the time my 13 y/o cousin got knocked up... :rolleyes:) was wearing your hipsters so low that you could see the pubes.

Ahahahaha! Seriously?!

Advertisement