Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween plans

Options
  • 10-10-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi!
    Is anybody planning on heading out in fancy dress for halloween? Or am I the only weirdo who looks forward to doing this?? It's great once you have a few drinks in you before venturing out the door!! (to go to town, not trick or treating :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

My OH and I will be decorating the house for Halloween. Cobwebs, bloody handprints, smoke machine so the hall is all misty! It's his favourite holiday, so we'll probably be dressing up too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I'm bringing my nephews and niece trick or treating and helping them eat the profits :D
    I don't care for halloween but they make it deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I would love to out and dress up. But I'll be working :( Stupid bar work. Maybe they'll let us dress up at work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

Will never get sick of dressing up;)

I love halloween though no plans yet, but will be out somewhere and this time same costume as last year, loved it too much i cant think of anything better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Oh yes! I cant wait for Halloween, dressing up (not sure what yet), heading out, carving a pumpkin (have yet to do that myself) and horror marathons at the Screen cinema! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭tough__cookie

Will never get sick of dressing up;)

I love halloween though no plans yet, but will be out somewhere and this time same costume as last year, loved it too much i cant think of anything better

What did you dress up as? I want to go as something scary for a change this year.

ah oh i would love to tell ya but last year i found out i was the only one so trying to keep it, really sorry;)

Well lets just say i dont go with the typical slutty, and i do like scary type, its halloween after all !

definately go for scary, doesnt mean you can make it a bit sexy;)

Ah i really want to know what it is now!!! :)

I love when I see someone in something totaly unique though!! I'm always going "damn it why didnt I think of that." Im going to Florida next week so I'm hoping to get something different there. I'd love to go as Regan from the Exorcist but I'd probly never get the face right.

ahahah you're funny!

promise i would send you a pic ...after! ;)

I would say you have better chance in the States, all the girls i saw out last year well was "less is more" type of idea, no offense to all the others who likes to dress "risque" dont get me wrong, i put sexy in it too but i bring back the idea that its halloween and per se, scary or horror either way.

Just need some imagination! i would suggest to think of a caracter that you like then go from there.

Regan is a good start!

I know there are a lot of clones out their wearing the same outfits from Ann Summers. Don't get me wrong, I did it myself when I was thinner. It's much better to stand out from the crowd though. I'm hoping to pick up something cool on my hols. Send me the pic of your costume and then I might steal your idea for next year :D

If anyone has any ideas for a scary woman costume let me know, I'd love something from a movie. All i can think of is the girl from the Ring, Carrie and the Exorcist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Oh I have been planning it in my head for the past week! I love fancy dress and Halloween is my excuse to do it. I have a couple costumes in mind but still not completely sure yet. I am also painting up my nieces and nephews faces before the go trick or treating :D

i would say go for the exorcist, long white grandma like sleeping gown then you are off to do a manic make up session!!

make up and fake blook and you're good to go, think the ring or the grudge it would work better if you're asian or get a long staigh hair black wig but the make up is not that much to be done except for white/greyish face..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i would say go for the exorcist, long white grandma like sleeping gown then you are off to do a manic make up session!!

make up and fake blook and you're good to go, think the ring or the grudge it would work better if you're asian or get a long staigh hair black wig but the make up is not that much to be done except for white/greyish face..

Get some pea soup and pour it down the front as well for extra effect :D

krudler wrote: »
    Get some pea soup and pour it down the front as well for extra effect :D

aha yeah totally, and with that you could get the sexy "wet t.shirt contest look" in a sick way that is..brilliant;)

oh i love halloween!

Cheers everyone :D

Think i'll go for Regan unless I find some amazing costume in america. Can't wait to dress up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm very excited about dressing up on Halloween. We are dressing up for work I think, I dunno what to do. I'll be serving customers so I'll have to make it work appropriate too! I'm thinking of going as a crazy witch!!

As for my proper going out on the town halloween costume....well I don't know yet. I like going down the sexy/slutty line! It's the one day of the year you can get away with it! :P

Ah i really want to know what it is now!!! :)

I love when I see someone in something totaly unique though!! I'm always going "damn it why didnt I think of that." Im going to Florida next week so I'm hoping to get something different there. I'd love to go as Regan from the Exorcist but I'd probly never get the face right.

Will you be in Orlando? if you are make sure you go to the Universal Nights of Horror in the theme park, they go all out for it.

381230131_byqqf-m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Giving up on my pikachu costume idea for the second year in a row... Too much effort/expense!

5ft 2 rugby player it is! Gonna do my best impression of those Hunky Dory ads... ;):p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We're planning a Halloween party this year with an Internet Meme theme. :D

I'm gonna be keyboard cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

ok ladies time for make and do!
    1. get some white leggings white top and some old white sheets
    2. steep the clothing in some cold tea to discolour them
    3. cut the sheets into strips
    4. get a friend to help wrap you up
    and BINGO your a mummy :)

• Advertisement

WOW Krudler!!! That looks amazing!!! Yep im heading to Orlando!! Never been there before, can't wait to check Universal Studios out!!!

Anyone heading to any good fancy dress parties in Cork? Haven't a clue whats on around the town, we'll just head down anyway.

Good to see so many people are going to be dressing up and having the craic! Good on ye :)

WOW Krudler!!! That looks amazing!!! Yep im heading to Orlando!! Never been there before, can't wait to check Universal Studios out!!!
    )

Its amazing, make sure you get a front of line pass though as the rides can have queues over an hour long depending on the time of year it is, they're an extra 25 quid or so on top of the park ticket price but believe me they're worth it, you'll have ridden some of the rollercoasters twice before the other line moves 5 feet.

Also check out the City Walk, its a part of the park thats free to get into but it has clubs, bars and restaurants, and it stays open late so its a decent night spot if you dont want to go to downtown Orlando (dont btw, its a dump) are you staying on International Drive? if so theres easy access to the parks everywhere and shuttle buses all over the place so getting around is simple, pm me if you have any other questions about it :)

We are staying on International Drive. Oh Im definatly going to pay the extra so for that pass, thanks for telling me about it!! Really looking forward to it. :)

We are staying on International Drive. Oh Im definatly going to pay the extra so for that pass, thanks for telling me about it!! Really looking forward to it. :)

No bother, I'm dying to go back there again I love it there, you could spend all week at Universal theres so much to do, out of all the rides the best ones are Jurassic Park, The Mummy (indoor rollercoaster in the dark, its brilliant) Spiderman 3D, Shrek 4D (very funny) The Hulk, and the Dueling Dragons rollercoaster, which is 2 seperate rollercoasters that intertwine with each other so it looks like you're going to crash into the other one, its worth riding twice just to see the difference between the two routes.

I'll be in Universal Hollywood next week, cant wait :D:D:D:D

Aha nice one the mommy!

Don't forget ties of sheets around your wrists, regan is tied up to the bed a good bit at the end. ;). Don't know any parties in cork cos I'm in dublin but if I hear of good ones elsewhere I might Halloween crash parties! Talking bout this, anyone been to the radio phantom Halloween party last year? We ended up somewhere else so I didn't make it but I'm thinking of going this year.

Oh enjoy Krudler!! I'll let you know how I get on with the rides! I want to try them all!!

Thanks for the tip La Frog Fairy, I have to get the dvd of the Exorcist and get into character for Halloween. Don't know what ill do with my hair.

Seen there on the cork forum there's going to be a Zomibe walk on in town on the 30th for anyone who's going as a zomibe it looks like it'l be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I cant wait for halloween. Its my favourite night of the year. Im up in ballymena for the day though so hopefully i make it back on time to go out. Planning on going as Pinhead and the other cenobites with a few mates of mine. Its either that or captain spaulding.

I've seen some pinhead costumes online, they look deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Does anyone know where in Dublin I could buy a mini witches hat...like a fascinator type thing with little clips to hold it on my head and maybe some spider/spiderweb earrings?

We're officially dressing up in work! :) Excited???....I THINK SOOOO!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Does anyone know where in Dublin I could buy a mini witches hat...like a fascinator type thing with little clips to hold it on my head and maybe some spider/spiderweb earrings?

We're officially dressing up in work! :) Excited???....I THINK SOOOO!:pac:

I have a little mini top hat fascinator if you cant find anything else and wanna use it! I hope Im working halloween now:D that is if im still there!

Advertisement