Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Minds Season 6 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

I love the show as well but Garcia needs to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

zimovain wrote: »
    I love the show as well but Garcia needs to go.

she is featuring way too much this season for my liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

she is featuring way too much this season for my liking

I just can't get how she gets so much screen time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

tallpaul wrote: »
    The story and the twist were very good and it seemed to me alsmost as if the plot had originally been a movie idea that got shortened...

Yeah maybe they could have called the film Psycho :p I did like the episode but not their best IMO

This season isnt grabbing my attention as much. There were 2 episode that started pretty much the same with families and intruders, when the second on started I thought I had already seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/30/thomas-gibson-criminal-minds-negotiations-paget-brewster/

^ Thomas Gibson (Hotch) interview - he is still in talks for next season, I hope he dont leave :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

haha doctor reid on why he is worried about his mental health

"I have terrible head-aches, I cant sleep at night, I can't focus on our cases.......I......I....I only read five books last week"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

JJ will be back next season according to her actress on twitter: @ajcookofficial
    JJ's back! Just signed 2 year deal. Excited to work with cast and crew again. Thanks to all of you!

Edit: www.deadline.com/2011/04/jj-is-back-aj-cook-inks-2-year-deal-to-return-to-criminal-minds/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Cracking 2 part episode this week, was on living friday night. on rte monday. First part was savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

zimovain wrote: »
    I just can't get how she gets so much screen time.
    What's more annoying is that she appears in the spin-off in every episode as well, she gets on my tits, that woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

JJ
    was stunning in last nights episode on Living:cool:

I gave upon the series mid way through this season due to the increased screentime of Garcia. After two episodes where she had more screen time than Joe Mantegna I never bothered going back. I tried the spin off and just found it to be more of the same only with a different team and added Garcia. It's a shame as the show can be truly great at times with some great villians but this most recent season was banal and repetitive. I may give it another watch once the season is wrapped up but I imagine I'll find myself skipping scenes involving Garcia.

I gave upon the series mid way through this season due to the increased screentime of Garcia. After two episodes where she had more screen time than Joe Mantegna I never bothered going back. I tried the spin off and just found it to be more of the same only with a different team and added Garcia. It's a shame as the show can be truly great at times with some great villians but this most recent season was banal and repetitive. I may give it another watch once the season is wrapped up but I imagine I'll find myself skipping scenes involving Garcia.

How can she have so much time on screen, it baffles me!

Temaz wrote: »
    How can she have so much time on screen, it baffles me!

For some strange reason a lot of people like her.

I remember ages ago posting on facebook that I could never understand how much screen time she got and wished that she had been killed and not injured when shot in season 2. Cue a torrent of abuse directed at me with people telling me she was the msot rounded, humane and realistic of the characters. I'm assuming that they watch some bizzaro world version of the show.

For some strange reason a lot of people like her.

I remember ages ago posting on facebook that I could never understand how much screen time she got and wished that she had been killed and not injured when shot in season 2. Cue a torrent of abuse directed at me with people telling me she was the msot rounded, humane and realistic of the characters. I'm assuming that they watch some bizzaro world version of the show.

Probably all 'Kooky and Wacky' just like her.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Blame the writers, I think - don't blame the actress. They're the ones who make her say shit like "Speak oh great ones, I'm here to serve" (and crap like that) :)

I'm sure Vangsness is perfectly normal in real life, and probably cringes herself at the stuff they make her say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Whats peoples opinions on the spin off?
    I got 4 episodes of it, watched 2. Its decent, but for some reason, i cant take forest whitaker seriously. He is ok in other films, but this i feel like he is over acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like it. Not as good as the parent show, but it's definitely finding its feet.
    There have been some cracking episodes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Whats the spin off called????

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Autosport wrote: »
    Whats the spin off called????

It's called "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behaviour"

I have a feeling Vangsness is a little bit "kooky and wacky" in real life too. Her clothes I've seen in some pictures of award shows etc. seem similar to her character's clothes.
    Here she is with her girlfriend / wife?!

http://www.hollywoodcelebgossips.com/2009/03/01/kirsten-vangsness-melanie-goldstein-wedding-in-the-spring-of-2009-pics/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Whats peoples opinions on the spin off?
    I got 4 episodes of it, watched 2. Its decent, but for some reason, i cant take forest whitaker seriously. He is ok in other films, but this i feel like he is over acting.

I'm not a fan, I've watched 5 or 6 now, the last was about a sniper vs another sniper, they all felt the guys pain about being up against another sniper, apparently we are to believe that the Welsh guy (open to correction here) is one of the top snipers in the world, it was lost on me and I've yet to see one show that would be up to the originals standard.

I'm a forest whitaker fan but not in this, I think it's over cooked to a degree that it's hard to watch, plus Garcia is in it too, I don't have an issue with her though. I never noticed how wonky forest whitaker's eyes were until this show, plus he dresses up like Michelangelo the turtle to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

do you guys watch it on sky or rte?
    I'm a sky man myself. I thought the most recent episode was pure muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

JJ and Prentiss back, Seaver dropped

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/criminal-minds-paget-brewster-aj-cook-in-rachel-nichols-out.html
    It would appear that the powers that be over at "Criminal Minds" have had some regrets lately.

In the series' sixth season, cast members A.J. Cook and Paget Brewster were both let go. Fans of the series and cast members alike voiced their displeasure about the budget-related cast cuts.

Cook left in the second episode of Season 6, while Brewster lated until the second half of the season. Cook returned for Brewster's final episode, which was directed by co-star Matthew Gray Gubler.

Only, it turns out that it wasn't quite her final episode.

Now, backtracking on their decisions, the bosses have inked new deals for both Cook and Brewster according to TV Line. The phrase "came crawling back" comes to mind.

Brewster's and Cook's return comes at a price, though. Rachel Nichols, who effectively replaced Cook's character in Season 6, has been dropped from the series. Co-star Thomas Gibson is also still in negotiations.

With the spin-off cancelled i guess they can afford them again. I hope Hotch stays on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

jj is back :)
    duno what story they will come up with involving prentis to bring her back

The executive producer of Criminal Minds seems to have an appropriate name - Erica Messer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Be||e

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The executive producer of Criminal Minds seems to have an appropriate name - Erica Messer.

The actors definitely seem to have been messed around.

From Paget Brewster's twitter:
    Oh guys, no,I love CM. I was forced back by a contract. I ADORE the cast, crew&fans. Just hard being told what my life is. It'll be great!

And Rachel Nichols on leaving:
    Certainly NOT my choice. Such a heartbreaker. AND I learned the awful truth via the Internet while on vacation!

Be||e wrote: »
    The actors definitely seem to have been messed around.

From Paget Brewster's twitter:

I hope they have an episode where Doyle is bumped off, so that she comes out of hiding and back into the series that way.

Colmo52 wrote: »
    JJ and Prentiss back, Seaver dropped

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/criminal-minds-paget-brewster-aj-cook-in-rachel-nichols-out.html

With the spin-off cancelled i guess they can afford them again. I hope Hotch stays on though.

Hotch cant leave :eek: say it aint so

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I hope they have an episode where Doyle is bumped off, so that she comes out of hiding and back into the series that way.

That would be a great episode :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm glad the girls are coming back. Especially JJ. I've found it really annoying how they've all been doing her job themselves since she left. Like they had Garcia presenting cases to them, Hotch dealing with the media, and other stuff too. Maybe that's how the FBI works when they have budget cuts but it just made the show seem less focused for me.
    I can't say I'll miss Seaver, I never warmed to her, but that's pretty ****ty how they let her find out over the internet.

On a positive note, Prentis' exit story line could lead to some good stuff in future episodes. Assuming they take Doyle out and she comes back to the team, Hotch and JJ are going to have a lot of explaining to do to the rest of the team after lying to them about it. That is of course assuming that Hotch himself is back.

Advertisement