Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I've lost all respect for Traffic Corp

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Does there always need to be a looser for you to be happy?

Yes.

But I'm OK with the odd tightener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yes.

Well thats great.

So basically your accusing me of holding up traffic,which i didn't do, but you think aggressive driving is fine.

Your argument is confusing or possibly just a load of bollocks as its Friday and your bored?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Exact same on the N32 this morning! traffic nipping into the bus lane 100metres before it ended to turn onto the Malahide road (and easing conjestion in the process) were pulled over by a bike cop dressed in black leathers standing beside his bike which he had parked behind a black sign.

I was walking to work thankfully!

Roboflop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Let's throw a spanner in the works :D

How do you boardsies feel about bikers jumping up to the top of the queue?

I'm easy with it, thats the reasoning of having a bike..

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Pff Pizza boys on scooters,

A quick nudging lets them know what the story is.

Unless they have my Megawheel from Mizzonis,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Exact same on the N32 this morning! traffic nipping into the bus lane 100metres before it ended to turn onto the Malahide road (and easing conjestion in the process) were pulled over by a bike cop dressed in black leathers standing beside his bike which he had parked behind a black sign.

I was walking to work thankfully!
    kbannon wrote: »
    I thought the bus lanes werre not in use on the N32 anymore :confused:
    e.g. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055219530

Bus lanes definitely not in use on this stretch any more - no bus uses the road. Orange signs to that effect along the length of it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

quick recap then....Traffic Corps, Pizza Delvery boys, travellers, bikers, outside lane hoggers....all up against the wall.....OK, who else wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

So please tell me here what are you complaining about........ You didn't comply with the rules of the road and thought you were too good to sit in traffic like everyone else.. Id have given you 2 tickets if I was that Garda...(Prob why im not a garda)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

WRONG.

Person turning right without checking for oncoming traffic would be in the wrong.

The car driver might be in the wrong but the bike rider is the one wholl end up possibly seriously injured or worse. Honestly i have never been able to fathom the attitude of bike riders or cyclists who flaunt with the blind spot of cars and then take the moral high ground attitude of "oh well you should be aware of us even tho were doing everything in our power to make ourselves invisible to you"; end of the day its the bike rider who is going to come off worse so take some responsibility for your own safety and dont put yourself in a situation where a car driver might not see you, even if they would be in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

djimi wrote: »
    The car driver might be in the wrong but the bike rider is the one wholl end up possibly seriously injured or worse. Honestly i have never been able to fathom the attitude of bike riders or cyclists who flaunt with the blind spot of cars and then take the moral high ground attitude of "oh well you should be aware of us even tho were doing everything in our power to make ourselves invisible to you"; end of the day its the bike rider who is going to come off worse so take some responsibility for your own safety and dont put yourself in a situation where a car driver might not see you, even if they would be in the wrong.
    i've had a bike and know how dangerous it can be on one with blind spots and the like, couldnt believe it though, the weekend we had really heavy rain
    i was on the m7 between the 2 exits for naas, traffic was heavy enough and visibility poor, anyway some sap on a bike comes up between me and another car with no lights on weariing all black

and then these gob****es give out bout car drivers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

To the best of my knowledge that is being investigated but as there are no reg plates on the sulkies it does make identification that much more difficult
    There are reg plates on the vans and jeeps,someone on boards in a different thread was able to read 3 or them from the youtube clip....spin me another one:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

this has descended into a bizarre Liveline-esque rant-a-thon

won't someone PLEASE think of the children :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

corktina wrote: »
    quick recap then....Traffic Corps, Pizza Delvery boys, travellers, bikers, outside lane hoggers....all up against the wall.....OK, who else wants it?

Don't forget the "undertakers"..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Its common place, although I admit illegal

Back to the original post, that sums it up. Common place, although illegal. Like undertaking, queue hopping, overtaking on white lines, speeding in 50 or 60 km/hr zones...

Yes, some rules are stupid and the layouts of certain junctions and roads are stupid, but bus lanes are bus lanes. Unless your car is a bus, you're in the wrong, simple as that. No case. No issue. Not problem. Not gardai's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'm amazed that you can say these two sentences.
    ironclaw wrote: »
    Its common place, although I admit illegal, for the drivers to use the bus lane to fill two lanes.
    I appreciate that bus lanes are there for a reason. And I fully respect them.

...and yet the thread still exists.

The drivers chanced their arms, they got caught. Meh.

However, Merrion Avenue isn't a major artery. There is no need for a bus lane to operate.

If you don't agree with a bus lane, you need to bring that up with your local council or whoever - get a petition together. People can't disobey a law just because it doesn't make sense, and if they do then they should be prepared to receive the fine.

bonzos wrote: »
    Pity they could not fine the travellers who recently took over a section of the N4 outside sligo to race horses follow by a fleet of 4x4's and vans driving 4 abreast into on coming traffic:rolleyes:....this was reported in the national papers and there is a 3 minute video of it on youtube.No action taken????

This is waaaaaay off topic. Let's leave this one alone please.

The traffic cops are the Gestapo of the Gardai, they're a law onto themselves. I've seem them stop a funeral, check the hearse and limo for tax, insurance, licences and tyres, pig ignorant if you ask me, how would they like it if it happened to a funeral of someone belonging to them.

Was the vehicle out of tax/insurance? Did their ANPR system flag it? Had they a previous history with the driver/funeral directors that prompted them to stop it?
    I'd want to know all this info before I passed judgement. It seems bad alright, but maybe they're being messed around and the funeral directors are deliberately flouting the law in which case it's them that should be ranted about rather than the Gardai.

Let's throw a spanner in the works :D

How do you boardsies feel about bikers jumping up to the top of the queue?

Probably taking us even further off-topic if I raised the ante and asked how people felt about cyclists jumping up to the top of the queue... :D

You were either overtaking or you weren't. There's no middle ground son

OK, probably a topic for a different thread, make sure that one stays dead please.

We have enough "overtaking" threads.

derra_121 wrote: »
    So please tell me here what are you complaining about........ You didn't comply with the rules of the road and thought you were too good to sit in traffic like everyone else.. Id have given you 2 tickets if I was that Garda...(Prob why im not a garda)

Please read the thread before commenting, he says pretty early on that he didn't get a ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

bonzos wrote: »
    There are reg plates on the vans and jeeps,someone on boards in a different thread was able to read 3 or them from the youtube clip....spin me another one:rolleyes:

I assume you do realise that it takes time to take a case to court?

Drop it please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Ridiculous thread to be honest. Whining about Traffic corps actually doing their job's. So what do you want them to do sit there with the blue lights flashing and siren wailing to advertise there presence. How else are they meant to catch the habitual buslaner. The buslaner won't learn unless they are caught in the act and fined, and if that means being stealthy then I fully agree. Next people will moan about unmarked cop car's doing them "Aw it's not fair I didn't see them cause they weren't bright white with blue lights and high visibility markings and GARDA written on the side".

20 odd anonymous people on Boards.ie bitching about coppers doing their jobs versus 100's of law abiding drivers actually sitting in their cars on this road every morning watching other ignorant drivers who think the law doesn't apply to them driving in the bus lane skipping pass them. How do you think they feel watching this practice everyday, going unpunished ? I'll give you a clue:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Irrespective of whether this bus lane/junction combination makes sense people can't just ignore the law just because they don't think it makes sense and then whine when they get a ticket.

CHRIS has already said that if you have an issue with the way this bus lane interacts with this junction then get on to your local councilor and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Not to deliberately take this off-topic again but.....

dont forget the Greens!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Can this thread be locked up now? I honestly dont think I've ever seen so many f*ckin stupid posts in one thread :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I drive with my fog lights on, in the bus lane, with bald tyres, then into the FAST lane at 200 mph, where I undertake everyone, I am a boy racing tinker, van driver in a skoda octavia TDI, I have no tax or insurance, no NCT.....did I miss anything

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

I drive with my fog lights on, in the bus lane, with bald tyres, then into the FAST lane at 200 mph, where I undertake everyone, I am a boy racing tinker, van driver in a skoda octavia TDI, I have no tax or insurance, no NCT.....did I miss anything

AND you vote Green.....

:D

Banned for life!

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

-Chris- wrote: »
    Banned for life!

:pac:

You forgot your bold font.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

id have thought Foerign Nationals would get a look in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

id have thought Foerign Nationals would get a look in....

And travellers...:D

You forgot your bold font.

If I wrote in bold, I'd feel the need to follow through... :)

Anyhoo... I've closed this thread now as all it's served it's purpose and all it'll do now is end up slagging off the Gardai (which some posters have already crossed the line of) and it'll go off topic as the OP is already thoroughly answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement