Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Justice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I really lose the hjead if i think some wanker is going to break into my place, i always keep a butchers knife my my bedside because ive had trouble a few monts ago where some boy racers stoped outside my place at 3 in the morning i was not best pleased and had my knife in hand a i went to tackle them, nothing but we will get you and such, i lost the head and have heard the same car driving by slowly a few time since bring it ****ing on ill sort em. They wont stop again i reckon because they got a right fright.

You should always be prepared to defend your home.
    But rushing out in knife-wielding maniac mode, just because some car happens to stop outside your house, probably isn't the best idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

And on the other, we have applause for vigil-antis who beat up junky housebreakers & people who shoot travelers in the back.

The word is Vigilante, and the law has been adjusted to protect the isolated "vigilantes" "attacking" the innocent intruders robbing and harassing them!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

ascanbe wrote: »
    You should always be prepared to defend your home.
    But rushing out in knife-wielding maniac mode, just because some car happens to stop outside your house, probably isn't the best idea.

Aww i agree but this car with a loud exhaust had driven over slowly and stopped outside 5 minutes before that and then driven back and again stopped outside, bear in mind this was 3am in the morning in the countryside.
    I had a few drinks on me at the time and had to wake my sister who would not drive back the road after them, i wanted to chae te cunjt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

stovelid wrote: »
    Brought up in a area where it's common and I'm in two-minds.

I can't argue against the people who terrorize their communities getting battered (actually fuck it, I like it) when there is a policing vacuum and I find the hand-wringing (from people who have no idea what it's like to live in places like that) irritating but but when you see who dishes it out (SF, local hard-cases) you still feel a distaste about the genie you're letting out of the bottle.

+1,000.

I see your point. Nothing wrong with dishing some justice out in an area that has very little faith or help from the Guards, but be careful what you wish for!

Instead of giving an inch and taking a mile by the criminals, the vigilantes take the piss instead.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

ascanbe wrote: »
    Don't feel sorry for them.
    But i wouldn't, on the strength of this tale, be recommending that we disregard the millennium's worth of philosophy, enlightenment thinking and all-around human experience, that has led to our current system of justice; imperfect as the Irish take on it may be.
    What do i think of it?
    Cool story bro, as some around here sometimes say.
    Good point, but that bit in bold ... that's where sometimes, you have to fill in the gaps, IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

pmcmahon wrote: »
    public humiliation like they do in some places up north,like stand outside local shops with a sign on their chests saying something like "we are scum who stole from our own community" type thing isn't a bad idea either

The shame of stealing from ones own community.
    At least have the common decency to steal from someone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I really lose the hjead if i think some wanker is going to break into my place, i always keep a butchers knife my my bedside because ive had trouble a few monts ago where some boy racers stoped outside my place at 3 in the morning i was not best pleased and had my knife in hand a i went to tackle them, nothing but we will get you and such, i lost the head and have heard the same car driving by slowly a few time since bring it ****ing on ill sort em. They wont stop again i reckon because they got a right fright.
    Aww i agree but this car with a loud exhaust had driven over slowly and stopped outside 5 minutes before that and then driven back and again stopped outside, bear in mind this was 3am in the morning in the countryside.
    I had a few drinks on me at the time and had to wake my sister who would not drive back the road after them, i wanted to chae te cunjt down.

That is why it's a bad idea. Sometimes things are actually for your own safety.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

orourkeda wrote: »
    Find a disused swimming pool that could hold a few hungry sharks.

Hang a few junkies\skangers\convicted criminals over the swimming pool ever so slightly out of reach.

Whip the sharks up into a feeding frenzy and drop the junkies in one at a time and watch them fizz. I for one would pay an admission fee to watch any skankbag with a list of convictions as long as your arm getting their just rewards.

It worked for the romans.
    That's a recommendation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

K-9 wrote: »
    That is why it's a bad idea. Sometimes things are actually for your own safety.

My safety? after they stoping outside my house, they had better be looking after there safety not mine:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Yeah, i can understand.
    I remember once i was driving towards Donegal from Galway late one night/early morning when i had to stop for a slash.
    Did so somewhere along the road in Mayo; was looking around me mid-slash and realised i was pretty close to a farm-house set just back from the road.
    It was a pretty isolated spot and this wasn't long after the Padraig Nally case.
    I remember thinking that it wouldn't be entirely out of the question that the owner of the house, who may have good reason to feel under genuine threat by anyone pulling up near his house, might be hidden in the shadows and about to unload a shotgun in my direction.
    Got back in the car pretty quickly; paranoid on my part obviously.
    But i can understand why some people, especially older people, who live far from any possible intervention by the Gardai, might be likely to go on the offensive at the thought of any kind of threat, at that time of night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement