Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sachin!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Have to reply here just to add to the GOD,
    otherwise I will regret whole life
    Live long the God!!!!
    Jai Ho!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

d'Oracle wrote: »
    It is an absolute monarchy.
    There will be no election.

The Most Reverend Jacques Kallis will say otherwise.

11,900 test runs at no. 4, 40 test centuries and 275 test wickets. Mr Tendulkar shall bow to him and his followers will do likewise.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/495719.html

Beat. That. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

I knew Kallis had good stats hadn't really realised they were that good, all hail the new god Kallis. Sorry Sachin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Tendulkar.....the greatest batsman EVER:)

Kallis.....the greatest all rounder EVER:)

Nothing more need be said

TheDrog wrote: »
    I knew Kallis had good stats hadn't really realised they were that good, all hail the new god Kallis. Sorry Sachin.

That's before we get into his catches at slip....

Kallis...greatest cricketer ever

Tendulkar...very good batsman :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 votelawrence

booth70 wrote: »

The greatest all-rounder ever? Don't get me wrong, I think he's an incredible cricketer and probably the best all-rounder in the game today, but better than Garry Sobers? Their stats are pretty close I'll grant you (Kallis bat avg - 57.43 and bowling at 32.01, Sobers batting at 57.78 and bowling at 34.03) but Sobers could bowl fast and slow, wrist and finger. I'll still stick with Sobers in my all time XI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

You sacrilegious heathens.

The greatest all-rounder ever? Don't get me wrong, I think he's an incredible cricketer and probably the best all-rounder in the game today, but better than Garry Sobers? Their stats are pretty close I'll grant you (Kallis bat avg - 57.43 and bowling at 32.01, Sobers batting at 57.78 and bowling at 34.03) but Sobers could bowl fast and slow, wrist and finger. I'll still stick with Sobers in my all time XI.

Very Good Article on Cricinfo by Harsha Bogle on this very subject.
    But I can't help but think that Kallis has had a lot more opportunities to play cricket than Garfield.

Here it is: http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/495688.html

He probably has...but the stats remain consistent with more games...

Admit defeat, d'Oracle....166 slip catches, 270 wickets, 12,000 runs - that's a complete cricketer, Kallis is on a different planet and Sachin can find a place as a prophet of the Great One..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Kallis is an absolute legend of a cricketer, he is definitely due to be up for consideration as the best all rounder of all time, i would argue his case against anyone tbh, not saying he is the best of all time, just that I would argue the case for him is very impressive, when everything is taken into consideration

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    He probably has...but the stats remain consistent with more games...

Admit defeat, d'Oracle....166 slip catches, 270 wickets, 12,000 runs - that's a complete cricketer, Kallis is on a different planet and Sachin can find a place as a prophet of the Great One..:cool:

You are a damned heretic.
    How dare you come into this thread, this crystalline expression of joy in Sachins grace and blaspheme his name.

A man who would emasculate his best mate infront of millions is only a man.

kryogen wrote: »
    Kallis is an absolute legend of a cricketer, he is definitely due to be up for consideration as the best all rounder of all time, i would argue his case against anyone tbh, not saying he is the best of all time, just that I would argue the case for him is very impressive, when everything is taken into consideration

In comparisons and judgements for greats we have to look at allrounders surely and not false gods ( :pac: ) like great only batsmen or great only bowlers. Before we look at the wickets they played on, the opposition and the team around the individuals and then longevity and all the other parameters.

When the Supersport feed was comparing the batting numbers while He was slaying Bhajji, Sreesanth and Zaheer in Cape Town, the prophet Pollock rightly added "I hate to appear patriotic, but can we look at their bowling figures too". :D

Add to this the humour of His injury in the second innings "It's only a bit of torn fat". We are not worthy...

Start you own damn Kallis Thread you dirty minded heretic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Coming Soon......

SRT - 100th century - this summer - Lords:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anderson9731

booth70 wrote: »
    Tendulkar.....the greatest batsman EVER:)

Nothing more need be said

Perfect answer, both are extremely talented in their field.

Advertisement