Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sachin!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

d'Oracle wrote: »

He has done it all:)....except win the World cup for India:(...it is a burning ambition of his...hopefully he'll set that record straight (with some help from his team mates of course!!) come April 2011:).....it'll be the icing on a glittering career

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

How has he never won this before? Hes been arguably the best batsman for half of my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Doesn't make sense to me, he is the best batsman the game has produced, and he only now picks up his first ICC Award,

@Booth70, I would love to see him win the World Cup, and get his first triple century...

49th test century today for the little master...and 95th international century overall:)........this guy gets better and better with age!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

On that track there are going to be at least three more centuries to go in this test.

Still good batting record for the fella as he's still playing and scoring 20 years later.
    10 or 11 of those centuries are against Australia so its not just repeated tests vs Bangladesh etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

150no,
    His 6th 150 against Australia

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Mothman wrote: »
    150no,
    His 6th 150 against Australia

Considering the quality of Australian attacks he's been playing against throughout his career, that's a very impressive statistic.

I wonder how many of them were in Australia?

TrueDub wrote: »
    Considering the quality of Australian attacks he's been playing against throughout his career, that's a very impressive statistic.

Four 150s in Australia.
    Six centuries out of eleven of his centuries against Australia were in Aussie.

Cricinfo is an excellent site for stats like this.

TrueDub wrote: »

His finest test innings according to the master himself....

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/63567.html

He was 18 years old and batting on I reckon the then fastest and bounciest wicket in the world.....

As was the norm then India were routed in the test series comprehensively but SRT stood out....he also scored 148 in Sydney during the same series!!

Enough said:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Off to put his feet up at 191no.

Damn legend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

JustinDee wrote: »
    Four 150s in Australia.
    Six centuries out of eleven of his centuries against Australia were in Aussie.

Cricinfo is an excellent site for stats like this.

Yeah, I was too lazy to check! :D

Six out of eleven is very impressive, but then everything about ST is impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

There doesnt seem to be anyone trying to poke holes in his record, if this keeps up im gonna have to start playing devils advocate for the fun of it

kryogen wrote: »
    There doesnt seem to be anyone trying to poke holes in his record, if this keeps up im gonna have to start playing devils advocate for the fun of it

You do not poke at Sachin.
    Ever.

kryogen wrote: »

In fairness, his record as a wicketkeeper, particularly when keeping to his own bowling, is no better than average.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

I was in India some years back, at 2am arriving into some railway station in a city whose name I don't remember, in a scrum of people trying to buy a ticket for my onward journey later that night/morning, with maybe 20 people around this booth and no qeueing system in place, and myself trying to use my height advantage to reach over the various locals that were constantly pushing past me, and with my rupee notes in hand. When I eventually purchased the ticket, and emerged sweating and frazzled from the melee, a young local man accosted me, took hold of my arm and shouted:

"Excuse me Sir, who is your Ideal Cricket Star?"

There was only one answer.

Sachin!

He went away with a huge smile on his face.

I worked with a dude from Mumbai.
    He was telling me about the India Pakistan matches and the expectations around them.

Told me that if India lose to Pakistan, people throw stones at the players.

I said "so....Would the throw stones at Tendulkar?"

Shocked look: "OH! FLOWERS!"

:D
    That Shantanu was a funny dude.

Bill2673 wrote: »
    "Excuse me Sir, who is your Ideal Cricket Star?"

Shane Warne and the rest . . . in that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

JustinDee wrote: »
    Shane Warne and the rest . . . in that order.

Try telling that to the people of Bandra.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Bill2673 wrote: »
    Try telling that to the people of Bandra.

Sorry to go OT slightly but what did Warne do to the people of Bandra?...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 saintNsinnerr

sachin is literally GOD in back home.... like maradonna adn pele in soccer...

some famous quotes from other cricketers abt the master :-

-Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it."
    (Hashim Amla, the South African batsman)

-BBC on Sachin:
    "Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives "

- Tuzhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai?"
    (you know whose catch did U dropped)
    pakistan`s Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq when the latter dropped Sachin's catch.

-We did not lose to a team called India...we lost to a man called Sachin"
    Mark Taylor, during the test match in Chennai (1998)

Glenn McGrath:
    "The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility -all make for a one-in-a-billion individual"

Allan Donald:
    "Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world"

MY personal Favourites quotes abt the Cricket God-

Peter Rebouck, Aussie journalist:
    "On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt in one of the stations.The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century.This genius can stop time in India!!"

"People say they saw Christ walk water..People say they saw Gandhiji win us freedom..People say they walked alongside Buddha 'The Enlightened One'. I will always say ~~ I SAW SACHIN BAT ~~"

- Matthew Hayden
    :
    "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India"

the rest U can find here -
    http://amoghbadwe.blogspot.com/2009/12/best-quotes-about-sachin-tendulkar.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gracyj

He's my favourite player. Why dont we start a poll for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

gracyj wrote: »
    He's my favourite player. Why dont we start a poll for this?

Cause he will win it, he has a thread devoted to him here so that gives a hint of how popular he is.

It is an absolute monarchy.
    There will be no election.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭positron

Sachin = Legend = Don Bradman

Tendulkar 50
    Ponting 39
    Kallis 38

Staggering to think that when Ponting made his 39th century sometime earlier this year, Tendulkar was on 43

Like Bradman's average of 99.94 ,Tendulkar's run scoring record will stand the test of time

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/gallery/485141.html

Great for Tendulkar.
    Means too little regarding this test series though as India getting slapped big-style.

Peter Rebouck, Aussie journalist
    Although he is based in Sydney, he is in fact English.
    Is one of the main instigators in getting Viv Richards and Joel Garner out of Somerset CC.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/493460.html

For me it has to be his 116 v Australia in Perth in 1992....still remember watching it on telly back home in India like it was yesterday....he was only 19 then:)

The 155 he made in Madras in 1998 which I had the privilege of watching live where he took Warne apart has to come a close second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

booth70 wrote: »
    Tendulkar 50
    Ponting 39
    Kallis 38

Staggering to think that when Ponting made his 39th century sometime earlier this year, Tendulkar was on 43

Like Bradman's average of 99.94 ,Tendulkar's run scoring record will stand the test of time

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/gallery/485141.html

Should that be 39 for Kallis with the double century yesterday?

• Advertisement

Sachin....whaddaplaya:)

SRT 51
    Kallis 39
    Ponting 39

Advertisement