Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Fixtures 7th-13th Oct

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Thursday, 7 October 2010

[
    Friday, 8 October 2010

European Championship Qualifying
    Armenia v Slovakia, GpB, 16:00 Draw
    Kazakhstan v Belgium, GpA, 17:00 Draw
    Andorra v FYR Macedonia, GpB, 18:00 Away
    Georgia v Malta, GpF, 18:00 Home
    Hungary v San Marino, GpE, 18:00 Home
    Cyprus v Norway, GpH, 19:00 Draw
    Czech Republic v Scotland, GpI, 19:15 Home
    Luxembourg v Belarus, GpD, 19:15 Away
    Albania v Bosnia-Hercegovina, GpD, 19:30 Away
    Austria v Azerbaijan, GpA, 19:30 Home
    Moldova v Netherlands, GpE, 19:30 Away
    Montenegro v Switzerland, GpG, 19:30 Draw
    Serbia v Estonia, GpC, 19:30 Home
    Wales v Bulgaria, GpG, 19:30 Draw
    Germany v Turkey, GpA, 19:45 Home
    Greece v Latvia, GpF, 19:45 Home
    Northern Ireland v Italy, GpC, 19:45 Away
    Rep of Ireland v Russia, GpB, 19:45 Draw
    Slovenia v Faroe Islands, GpC, 19:45 Home
    Portugal v Denmark, GpH, 20:45 Draw
    Spain v Lithuania, GpI, 21:00 Home

[
    Saturday, 9 October 2010

European Championship Qualifying
    France v Romania, GpD, 20:00 Draw
    Israel v Croatia, GpF, 20:05 Draw

9 games have a good chance imo of ending in a draw.. what would ye reckon about picking 5 of them and doing a lucky 31??

• Registered Users Posts: 54,030 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any stream for the iceland match ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

blindpilot wrote: »
    Was in another thread that some of their u21s play for senior side so would be a good bet. Must go find that post to be sure.

EDIT: Nevermind its started and no live betting on PP. Dang!

Live betting up again. Took Iceland at evens.

EDIT: and its 1-0 Scotland. **** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

1-0 Scotland

Headshot wrote: »
    any stream for the iceland match ?

Been looking for a while but no luck. Bet365 have a stream but dont have an account with them.

1-1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭gnolan

blindpilot wrote: »
    Been looking for a while but no luck. Bet365 have a stream but dont have an account with them.

I can tell you they don't have a stream, i know it says so on myp2p but its not on the the Bet365 site

picked up Iceland at 7/2.

may get stuck into Limerick also..

2-1 Iceland now. Hopefully they'll hold on to it.

EDIT 2-1 FT. Cheers for the heads up lads. Well spotted. A good day.

Nice one for the tip off €20 more in the kitty now for tomorrows games!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just really pissing about with tomorrows matches, so i went for a 4 team accum.

Scotland Win
    Cyprus Draw
    N Ireland Win
    ROI Draw

Saturday should be a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Georgia to beat Malta -1 is evens. Bulgaria -1 is 11/2 which seems very generous given how awful Wales are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

European Championship 2012 Qualifier
    Albania vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina.
    Bosnia-Herzegovina to win @2.50. (William Hill)

Bosnia-Herzegovina travel to Shkodër where they will take on Albania tomorrow night in Group D. Bosnia have had an average start to their qualifying campaign, beating Luxemburg 3-0 and losing 2-0 against France. Meanwhile, Albania sit at the top of Group D, beating Luxemburg 1-0 and scoring a late equaliser to salvage a point in Romania.

Bosnia-Herzegovina are a much stronger side than Albania, in my opinion, and think they are overpriced here. In particular, I feel Bosnia will have too much attacking power for the Albanian defense, with the likes of Edin Dzeko up-front and Miralem Pjanic controlling the midfield.

I expect Bosnia-Herzegovina to win by a two goal cushion, but you never know with internationals. I was going to stay away from them altogether but I couldn't resist this price. If Ireland win, I'll be happy, even if my bet loses.

2 Points - Bosnia-Herzegovina to win @2.50. (William Hill)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

anybody got any views on italy beating n ireland 4/6 looks a great price on italy n ireland have been pants of late.i think its hard to know about walse new manager and all even if he is just interm but 11/2 looks very very nice good look to all and great call last night on iceland u21 hope plenty was made off them

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Looking at the Germany v Turkey game later
    Germany @ 1.5 seems a safe bet (will prob take this)
    Klose to score and Germany to win @ 2.4 also seems good

Klose has 3 goals from 2 games (2 v Azerbaijan and 1 v Belgium) and hopefully should be good to score tonight

Looking at the Ireland game UNDER 2.5 @ 1.5 seems safe
    Russia are missing 2 forwards and I dont see them scoring tonight because of it
    They scored 2 against Andorra and failed to score against Slovakia

Its very very rare for Ireland to score more then 2 against a semi good team so UNDERS seems good to me

I can see Ireland winning the game (prob 2 - 0) and will have a small bet on Ireland @ 2.62
    Home game, 50,000 Irish fans and a weakened Russia attack just seem to add up to an Irish win

BH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

like your think and i hope your right but i do fear for ireland a little , kilbane is a weak link and was targeted the last few times . i think ireland will win but are lightly to let one in

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

babyhack wrote: »
    Looking at the Germany v Turkey game later
    Germany @ 1.5 seems a safe bet (will prob take this)
    Klose to score and Germany to win @ 2.4 also seems good

Klose has 3 goals from 2 games (2 v Azerbaijan and 1 v Belgium) and hopefully should be good to score tonight

Looking at the Ireland game UNDER 2.5 @ 1.5 seems safe
    Russia are missing 2 forwards and I dont see them scoring tonight because of it
    They scored 2 against Andorra and failed to score against Slovakia

Its very very rare for Ireland to score more then 2 against a semi good team so UNDERS seems good to me

I can see Ireland winning the game (prob 2 - 0) and will have a small bet on Ireland @ 2.62
    Home game, 50,000 Irish fans and a weakened Russia attack just seem to add up to an Irish win

BH

Am quoting myself (dont know if this is ok, delete it not) but I hate it when I do up a post and its at the end of a page (nobody sees it)

Am a little worried about Ireland letting one in but I dont think Russia have the firepower to do it

BH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Going for the following accum

Ireland v Russia - Draw 2/1
    Czech v Scotland - Czech 4/6
    Italy v N. Ireland - Italy 4/6
    Germany v Turkey - Germany 1/2

E5 returns E62.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Gone for a double of Germany and Italy with my free PP €20 and a single of Germany with Bet365

Gillington wrote: »
    Gone for a double of Germany and Italy with my free PP €20 and a single of Germany with Bet365

My main worry about this game is that with such a large Turkish population living in Germany, it could be played like a derby match.

In saying that I also fancy Ozil to score against his Mutterland. 21/10 anytime GS on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Draw @ HT for Ireland v Russia has to be a decent bet.

Overall; I'd much rather have Russia @ 15/8 than Ireland @ 13/8. They have much better players than us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

I've taken us at 13/8. In Trap we trust...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

As an outside bet I think Denmark are massive at 13/2.

Draw no bet also 9/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Nearly tempted to throw money on Russia. Just so if Ireland lose i have a little consolation.

Been looking at a few games and the following interest me. All odds on PP.

Kazakhstan (+1) v Belgium @ 2.40

The Kazaks are by far not a good team but they are like a lot of teams from that region. Very industrious and hard to break down. They also have pacy wingers that could pose a problem on the counter. But the main part that interests me is the artificial pitch they will play on. We've seen this type of field play havoc with teams in the past. Most recently Spurs away to Young Boys. And then throw into the mix an impotent Belgian side in front of goal. They are also missing Vermaelen and Kompany and Van Buyton has been part of a Bayern defense that's been exposed time after time so far this season. Belgium are a team that don't travel well either. You have to go back 12 games to find their last away win. H2H has been 2 draws as well. Nothing much has changed with the Belgian squad and they are still looking weak. I think a draw is a real possibility here or even an upset home win.

Andorra v FYR Macedonia (Under 2.5 goals) @ 2.20

I hate backing unders but i think this offers a bit of value. Macedonia have only won once away from home by more than 1 goal and are real under-ish team in most of there games. A lot of 1-1's and 0-1's. So they don't seem to offer much fire power up front. Andorra have always been the whipping boys and they still are mostly. But they can keep the scoreline respectable at home. Looking back England, Russia, Croatia and Israel have all been held to 2-0 wins. I don't really expect Andorra to score as Macedonia are a defensive team by nature. So i think another 0-2 away win is on the cards. Might even have a look at the handicap draw 2.0 @ 3.75.

Wales (-0.25 AH) vs Bulgaria @ 2.25

Bulgaria have looked poor and don't really offer much at present. They have a new manager which can add to the unpredictability. They either go out motivated or go out and take a while to gel under new tactics. Wales have improved in recent years and against teams with a bigger name they tend to rise to the challenge. So i'm kinda expecting a 2-1 or 1-0 win for Wales. Bulgaria do look very weakened up front so i'd be kind of leaning towards them not scoring. Although this is basically a do or die game for them with 2 losses already so Bulgaria could very well score. They can't afford to sit back and hope for a point as Wales may well break through. It's a difficult enough game to pick who will and won't score but i think Wales should score more. Think this is good value for Wales to win. And since it's the Asian handicap you get 50% back if it's a draw.

Cyprus vs Norway @ 3.20

I'm not sure why Norway are the clear favorites here away from home. Well i can to an extent but i more so can't believe the odds for Cyprus. Their domestic game has improved leaps and bounds in recent years and they have shown against 2 big names in Italy and Portugal that they can score. Between those 2 games they scored 6 and that was away from home. Even though they only managed a point outta those last 2 games they should come into this game with confidence. Also wondering if the warm weather might play a factor although the heat has probably subsided compared to a month or so ago. Norway have got off to a good start with 2 wins and one of them coming against Portugal. They are a strong team and will probably set up defensively tonight knowing that even a point puts them in a great position. Norway may well win this but i think Cyprus should be given more credit than the bookies are giving them. They are a pacy and tricky team.

Both to score in the following games

Albania vs Bosnia @ 1.83
    Wales vs Bulgaria @ evens
    Greece vs Latvia @ 2.25
    Portugal vs Denmark @ 2.10

Over 2.5 in the following games

Cyprus vs Norway @ evens
    Czech Republic vs Scotland @ 2.25
    Wales vs Bulgaria @ 2.37
    Montenegro vs Switzerland @ 2.50
    Albania vs Bosnia @ 2.20
    Portugal vs Denmark @ 2.10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Some result for Armenia. Also great for Ireland. A win tonight and We'd be sitting pretty. Slovakia looked shocking at the back and we should beat them when we play them at home.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wales is my single for today. Said my piece on Bulgaria before they faced and lost to Montenegro at home. They echoed my comments and lost to a poor Montenegro side when on their travels. Bulgaria are very average to say the least. Took them at 13/8.

Accum for today -
    England U21
    Czech Republic
    Spain, Holland and Belarus Win to Nil
    Estudiante -1

Bit of a fun bet. So I'm not expecting much but we'll see. 5 euro returns 103(I think it was this morning), placed in shop too so can't conform and cba'ed checking online now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Spain holland double for me 200 returns 79 quid on betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

2pts on Denmark to beat Portugal @ 5/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Cyprus
    Holland
    Germany
    Austria
    Spain

9.12 with bet365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Gone for 20 on Russia draw no bet at evens tonight,can't see them losing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Couple of small ones tonight...

2 euro: Vucinic 2 or more @ 17/1
    2 euro: Ireland-Russia 1-1 @ 9/2
    1 euro: Dunne 1st scorer and Ireland 1-1 @ 100/1

Advertisement