Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walk of Shame

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Walked from Dennehhys cross to....I think somewhere on Barrack st in Cork dressed as Superman :p (Halloween)

Did the walk of shame from Mayfield the year after, also dressed as SUperman oddly enough.

I tell ya they should put pockets in those Superman Onesies :p

Funny you say that. My friend dressed up as Superman during Rag Week 2 years ago. It was a onesie also and he only wore boxers underneath. Anywho, we went out that night and he hooked up with a girl and went home with her. The next day I woke up and called into his room to see if he was there (I was living with him at the time). We couldn't find him and started to get a bit worried.

At about 4 o'clock in the afternoon we really were starting to get worried when the front door is flung open by a pissed off ginger guy in a Superman costume. Apparently as he left it so late to come home, he had to walk past the schools just as they finished for the day and suffice to say the abuse he got was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Phobious

Woke up at a house party covered in melted chocolate and ketchup with colouring pencils super glued to my shoes, got some strange looks indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I had to do it once after a costume party.Went in a predator costume and had to walk home at about half 10 the next morning dressed like this with the giant mask under my arm.
    Wasnt too bad until walking down the quay I walked right past my grandmother :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Have any of you walk of shame ding-dongs ever hard of a magical contraption known as a taxi or basically are all of you tighter than a ducks arse and would rather be publically humiliated than pay a few euros to get home in relative peace?

donfers wrote: »
    Have any of you walk of shame ding-dongs ever hard of a magical contraption known as a taxi or basically are all of you tighter than a ducks arse and would rather be publically humiliated than pay a few euros to get home in relative peace?
    Some may have spent all their money,some dont bring bank cards, dead mobile phones or just do it for the hell of it.
    Rather have funny memories then the classic story of "I woke up someplace and got a taxi home.Oh what a hilarious occasion that was"

• Advertisement

Rather have funny memories then the classic story of "I woke up someplace and got a taxi home.Oh what a hilarious occasion that was"

yes almost as hilarious as the classic story of "I woke up someplace and walked home in the same clothes as I had on last night. Oh what a hilarious occasion that was"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

My own life has had its fair share of embarressing moments, but non walk-of-shame related ones just yet. Touch wood

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

yes almost as hilarious as the classic story of "I woke up someplace and walked home in the same clothes as I had on last night. Oh what a hilarious occasion that was"

But nowhere near as funny as somebody calling people "ding dongs"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Went out for a fancy dress party, I decided to go as a "slapper". Amazing night out...costume looked great etc etc....

Walking home the next morning at 9 am dressed as a women is rather awkward.
    Halloween last year, supposed to be an "evil bloody surgeon".

Come "time to get the fook out of here" in the morning with the flour in my hair, fake blood on my face and my nurses style tunic (which I actually needed for placement on the monday morning!), I now realise why this Halloween
    LESS WILL BE MORE!
    Shams wrote: »
    Day after Halloween, i still had my Zombie costume on, as i didnt have any other clothes. It was a Monday morning so had to walk past a school with cars full of screaming kids and disgusted looking mothers. It didn't help that i was very badly hungover.
    Walked from Dennehhys cross to....I think somewhere on Barrack st in Cork dressed as Superman :p (Halloween)

Did the walk of shame from Mayfield the year after, also dressed as SUperman oddly enough.

I tell ya they should put pockets in those Superman Onesies :p
    I've never had a proper walk of shame after being at a girls house, but I did have a walk of shame after a Halloween house party, a bunch of my friends, we all dressed up as The Baseball Furies from the film The Warriors, we had mini baseball bats and everything, if you are not familar with this film, here is a picture. I was kind of worried at the time that no one would know who we were and would just be intimated

At this house party people were very uncomfortable with the way we looked, i wasn't surprised because not many people know the film and as group we looked nuts. A group of lads started a fight with us, the fight made its way outside, I was hammered, all I can remember is someone getting cracked in the head with a baseball bat and everyone running.

I made my way back to another friends house party with one other friend, the rest had gone home, sure enough after a horrible nights sleep in a closet I had to make my way back to college campus dressed like a nutcase, since then I have told myself that I would dress up as something people know
    some_dose wrote: »
    Funny you say that. My friend dressed up as Superman during Rag Week 2 years ago. It was a onesie also and he only wore boxers underneath. Anywho, we went out that night and he hooked up with a girl and went home with her. The next day I woke up and called into his room to see if he was there (I was living with him at the time). We couldn't find him and started to get a bit worried.

At about 4 o'clock in the afternoon we really were starting to get worried when the front door is flung open by a pissed off ginger guy in a Superman costume. Apparently as he left it so late to come home, he had to walk past the schools just as they finished for the day and suffice to say the abuse he got was immense
    I had to do it once after a costume party.Went in a predator costume and had to walk home at about half 10 the next morning dressed like this with the giant mask under my arm.
    Wasnt too bad until walking down the quay I walked right past my grandmother :o

I think I am seeing a pattern here...

salonfire wrote: »
    Things are always funnier in costume :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

salonfire wrote: »

Ya spotted that too. Must definately dress up this hallowe'en!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I suppose my own one would be getting together with a girl one night who told me that we could go back to here place that night because her parents were out of town. Not good when you realise her rugby playing brother was also sleeping there the next morning. He was pretty cool though.

PaulieC wrote: »

I laughed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

ah the banter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

One of the worst for me was a very short walk full of stares and looks of disapproval in a foreign country. While in Guatemala i went back to girl's house that i met in a bar. Very small houses with feck all space and nearly every living family member lives in them. So we sneak in around 4 in the dark and into her room. After the dirty deed i feel asleep and woke up almost 2 hours later. So i was anxious to get outta there. Threw on the clothes and tried to find the door in the darkness. I hear someone scream out while feeling around with my hands. I had just stood on the girl's sister who had been in the room on the floor the whole time. Then when i make it outta the door and into the living room the entire family is sitting up. The girls mother, 2 grannies, 2 older fellas and a young boy. The door was about 12 feet away but was the longest walk of my life. Just said buena día and bounced. Met the girl the following weekend and had a good aul laugh about it.

One of the worst for me was a very short walk full of stares and looks of disapproval in a foreign country. While in Guatemala i went back to girl's house that i met in a bar. Very small houses with feck all space and nearly every living family member lives in them. So we sneak in around 4 in the dark and into her room. After the dirty deed i feel asleep and woke up almost 2 hours later. So i was anxious to get outta there. Threw on the clothes and tried to find the door in the darkness. I hear someone scream out while feeling around with my hands. I had just stood on the girl's sister who had been in the room on the floor the whole time. Then when i make it outta the door and into the living room the entire family is sitting up. The girls mother, 2 grannies, 2 older fellas and a young boy. The door was about 12 feet away but was the longest walk of my life. Just said buena día and bounced. Met the girl the following weekend and had a good aul laugh about it.

You legend, this is the best so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

PaulieC wrote: »

Ah here...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ah here...

No offence intended Senor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

MIne follows the halloween pattern woke up nov 1st not at home, the costume i had previous night was a full costume helmet and all, so decision was either wear it, on bus and head home, or get bus in shorts and t shirt freezing, i chose the second option and realised half way on bus ride that i would have looked a lot let weird on this rainy cold november in the costume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Was at a house party after a night out when i was 17. Was well on it when we got back to the house. Thinking i was the big man, lashing back the vodka straight. Wasn't long before i reached blackout stage.
    Following morning, woke up with a very sore head. My clothes covered in sick beside me. Went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. A big chunk of my hair gone, straight down the middle of my head, no eyebrows left and lipstick all over me. I looked like one of the coneheads.
    The feeling of despair i got after looking in the mirror i can't describe. If there was a hole in the ground, i would have jumped into it.
    Anyway, the walk home i will never forget. Couldn't wear my clothes from night before cause they were covered in puke. Asked the guy who owned the house for some clothes.
    He hands me out a guinness t-shirt that is faded and about 3 times too big, a dirty tracksuit bottom and a blue plastic bag( like the ones you get in hospital) to put my own clothes into.
    So off i go, a big line shaved down the middle of my head, no eyebrows, a faded t-shirt that is too big for me, dirty tracksuit bottoms, a big pair of black shoes with a buckle on the front and a bag that looks like its from the hospital in my hand.
    The looks and laughs i got on that 5 min walk home will haunt me forever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement