Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walk of Shame

Options
  • 06-10-2010 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Any funny or embarrasing stories guys when doing the walk of shame?

Got badly caught out once when walking home on a Sunday morning looking a bit of a state. Really cold morning & me just in a little dress.

Spotting a few people outside a house up ahead, I just thought to hell with it and continued walking head held high. It wasnt until I was too close to turn back that I noticed my boss, his wife & two other work colleagues in the driveway. They had spotted me before I saw them.

Turns out it was a colleague's house (didnt even know he lived there at the time) and unfortunately during the night his brother had passed away so in typical Irish fashion, friends and colleagues were calling to the house to pay their respects.

Mortified when greated by my boss saying " Sound Bite, I always knew you were a go getter". :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 UndertheBridge

Walk of shame, what's that?

I think you mean The Stride of Pride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Got caught by my dad - walking home passed the shop and he came out - expected to get a bollocking for staying out all night but just got a 'well done son, well done' :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

had to go into work in a coffee shop still wearing my rather worse for wear debs dress..:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Social Disorder

Went out for a fancy dress party, I decided to go as a "slapper". Amazing night out...costume looked great etc etc....

Walking home the next morning at 9 am dressed as a women is rather awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 UndertheBridge

Halloween last year, supposed to be an "evil bloody surgeon".

Come "time to get the fook out of here" in the morning with the flour in my hair, fake blood on my face and my nurses style tunic (which I actually needed for placement on the monday morning!), I now realise why this Halloween
    LESS WILL BE MORE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,542 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Edit... too much info. You don't need to know this.

I was young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Went out for a fancy dress party, I decided to go as a "slapper". Amazing night out...costume looked great etc etc....

Walking home the next morning at 9 am dressed as a women is rather awkward.

Imagine what it's like for the women who do it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I have none too bad, but a mate of mine had to get from central London to Essex whilst carrying a sh1t load in his jeans, I think it was more like the trail of shame..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Day after Halloween, i still had my Zombie costume on, as i didnt have any other clothes. It was a Monday morning so had to walk past a school with cars full of screaming kids and disgusted looking mothers. It didn't help that i was very badly hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

[QUOTE=
    KeithM
    89;68377986]Got caught by my dad - walking home passed the shop and he came out - expected to get a bollocking for staying out all night but just got a 'well done son, well done' :)[/QUOTE]

OH Inequality, its really great sometimes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

No costume just neighbours staring at me after a weekend on class a's. Not fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

God damn casual Fridays in the office.

Head out Thursday night in the business wear and show up wearing the same in work on Friday and you're instantly caught

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Mortified when greated by my boss saying " Sound Bite, I always knew you were a go getter". :o

Your boss calls you Sound Bite...Now thats wierd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Went on a week trip to wexford with my mate one summer an stayed with his mam in a mobile park site, nice relaxing week with a night or two planned out in the club down in gorey. . . things went well anyway and at the end of the night i was fairly hammered, i found a girl an straight away she asked me to go home with her, spent the whole taxi ride kissing her while my mate went back to some other girls house, gave him a quick call said what should i do since im supposed to be staying in yours he said dont worry we'll sort somethin out later, anyway go back to yer ones house do the buisness BUT its gettin early/late whatever an i get a call from my mate sayin his ma is up an she's wonderin where we are its around the 5am mark but i didnt even know where i was my battery was goin dead so i said id meet him back at the mobile park site, turns out i ended up 14 kilometers away an without a phone to call for a lift/taxi i walked the whole way a whole 6 hour walk in the pouring rain like monsoon rain without an taxi driving by or a person who would answer my hitchhiking calls !! the whole time i wondered was it worth it, definitely not considering i knew i had made my best friends mam seriously worried/scared.angered by my idiotic actions . . . :( i made it home about 11 o'clock to a screaming woman who had respect for me an i got along with, later that day we were on the next train home and i havent seen his mother since but to be honesy im glad i havent, oh by the way turns out the girl i done it with was a serious whale but i was too intoxicated to notice, pictures the next day were not easy on the eyes. worst walk of shame EVER :( i gotta admit tho looking back at it, it was possibly the funniest thing ever my mate never lives it down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

fumbling out of a window in amsterdams red light district with my jocks hanging outa my pocket, my jeans just about buttoned, and my shirt and jacket just about on...thank god i met up with my 2 friends a few seconds later looking exackly the same:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Emoran wrote: »
    Went on a week trip to wexford with my mate one summer an stayed with his mam in a mobile park site, nice relaxing week with a night or two planned out in the club down in gorey. . . things went well anyway and at the end of the night i was fairly hammered, i found a girl an straight away she asked me to go home with her, spent the whole taxi ride kissing her while my mate went back to some other girls house, gave him a quick call said what should i do since im supposed to be staying in yours he said dont worry we'll sort somethin out later, anyway go back to yer ones house do the buisness BUT its gettin early/late whatever an i get a call from my mate sayin his ma is up an she's wonderin where we are its around the 5am mark but i didnt even know where i was my battery was goin dead so i said id meet him back at the mobile park site, turns out i ended up 14 kilometers away an without a phone to call for a lift/taxi i walked the whole way a whole 6 hour walk in the pouring rain like monsoon rain without an taxi driving by or a person who would answer my hitchhiking calls !! the whole time i wondered was it worth it, definitely not considering i knew i had made my best friends mam seriously worried/scared.angered by my idiotic actions . . . :( i made it home about 11 o'clock to a screaming woman who had respect for me an i got along with, later that day we were on the next train home and i havent seen his mother since but to be honesy im glad i havent, oh by the way turns out the girl i done it with was a serious whale but i was too intoxicated to notice, pictures the next day were not easy on the eyes. worst walk of shame EVER :( i gotta admit tho looking back at it, it was possibly the funniest thing ever my mate never lives it down :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's a good story and all but i can't read that.... paragraphs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

No real walk of shame to be honest, as already said, its the stride of pride.
    I have been caught having sex in a elevator and on a kids playground in the city park. Those were embarrassing but later very funny incidents :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Walked from Dennehhys cross to....I think somewhere on Barrack st in Cork dressed as Superman :p (Halloween)

Did the walk of shame from Mayfield the year after, also dressed as SUperman oddly enough.

I tell ya they should put pockets in those Superman Onesies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Rabies wrote: »
    I have been caught having sex in a elevator and on a kids playground in the city park. Those were embarrassing but later very funny incidents :)

I presume there were no kids there at the time?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Edit... too much info. You don't need to know this.

I was young.

but now we really wanna know!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Kicked out of girls house and directed to the Luas station.
    Still kinda dtrunk, sitting on the luas, kinda paranoid as to whether or not everyone was staring at me.

When I handed my ticket to the inspector, I saw that my hand was caked in menstrual blood. The man instantly knew the score and looked at me with disgust (instead of presuming I had an injury and was in need of assistance).

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Rabies wrote: »
    I have been caught having sex in a elevator

That's wrong... on so many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

When I handed my ticket to the inspector, I saw that my hand was caked in menstrual blood. The man instantly knew the score and looked at me with disgust

... :eek:

Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

PaddyBomb wrote: »

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Emoran wrote: »

Longest sentence ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Even funnier was the look on the face of the two asian girls that GOT IN to the elevator to go the ground floor :eek:
    They just turned their backs to us and faced the doors. I had my jeans around my ankles and my knob out, ex had no pants on at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

When I handed my ticket to the inspector, I saw that my hand was caked in menstrual blood. The man instantly knew the score and looked at me with disgust (instead of presuming I had an injury and was in need of assistance).

Someday I will learn my leason about eating my breakfast whilst reading boards. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I've never had a proper walk of shame after being at a girls house, but I did have a walk of shame after a Halloween house party, a bunch of my friends, we all dressed up as The Baseball Furies from the film The Warriors, we had mini baseball bats and everything, if you are not familar with this film, here is a picture. I was kind of worried at the time that no one would know who we were and would just be intimated

At this house party people were very uncomfortable with the way we looked, i wasn't surprised because not many people know the film and as group we looked nuts. A group of lads started a fight with us, the fight made its way outside, I was hammered, all I can remember is someone getting cracked in the head with a baseball bat and everyone running.

I made my way back to another friends house party with one other friend, the rest had gone home, sure enough after a horrible nights sleep in a closet I had to make my way back to college campus dressed like a nutcase, since then I have told myself that I would dress up as something people know

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

sugarman wrote: »
    long story short... mental night out, ended back at a house party that went till 9am, decided enough was enough & went for a bus home.

Got on the bus, started to feel like pukin my guts up. Had spent my last 2.20 on bus fair so i could'nt get off. Some how managed to not puke on the bus, but as soon as those doors opened.. Spewed everywer, literally, everywher!

Now heres the bad part. Walkin down from the stop i felt it again & had to stop. So was leaning at a wall of the corner house.. Again, started to get sick..

Couldnt hav been a worse timing.. Priest comes out of his house ready for mass & im ther pukin in his garden.. With that, my nan & granda drove by headin to mass aswell.. Got a right bolloking over that!

Really? Would hate to see how long the long version of that story is :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

Really? Would hate to see how long the long version of that story is :D

Is there not a separate thread for fiction ??

Advertisement