Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss returns to Vikes reports NFL.com

Options
  • 06-10-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like it's a done deal. I'm guessing he starts against the Jets.

Brett Favre is fapping at the thought...

Moss back to square 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm just stunned. It makes no sense, a 3rd round pick a year earlier like wtf?

And we are strengthening a team that we have to meet later in the season too. It just sounds ridiculous to me unless there is something else about to happen like VJax although I doubt that very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm just stunned. It makes no sense, a 3rd round pick a year earlier like wtf?

And we are strengthening a team that we have to meet later in the season too. It just sounds ridiculous to me unless there is something else about to happen like VJax although I doubt that very much.

I know the Pats have shown no interest in resigning him after this season but I didnt think they'd trade him away. Shocking stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Brett Favre is fapping at the thought...
    Favre and Moss... I'm fapping at the thought.

I get to like Moss now ... woohoo!!! :D
    Also, this handicaps the Pats severely. Good day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Just to clarify the comp pick, as Moss' has 10 seasons under his belt the Pats can only get a max of a 5th round pick as comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Well that's fcuking depressing news.

• Advertisement

Even tho he has declined since the 2007 season, a 3rd round pick is highway robbery, there has to more to this?

Is there an injury thats waiting to happen? his back maybe?
    Is there something behind the scenes we dont know about?

Also apparently theres is another trade pick headed NE's way but its not much.

My biggest question is: Why now?

If he was so unhappy about not being offered a contract, he knew he wasnt getting one in the offseason why didnt he holdout of training camp for a contract or to be traded? or why didnt the Pats force the issue if they were the ones that instigated the trade? they would have got a 1st or 2nd in the summer. Was he told he get a conatract after Brady's was sorted?

I understand that the bye week was the reason to it now in season, but what if the Vikings had got V Jackson a week or so back, who would he have been traded to? Something has to have forced this to happen. Surely the Pats dont see a 3rd as value.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/sources-moss-was-becoming-a-distraction-in-new-england/
    Per one source, Moss "was pissing [coach] Bill [Belichick] off at every turn."
    As another source explained it, some players were becoming more and more frustrated with Moss, who reportedly asked for a trade after his Week One postgame tirade regarding his perceived lack of appreciation, based on the actual lack of a contract extension.

My god, i gave Moss the benefit of the doubt a lot when he was a Pats player...now i just think he is a w*nker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

better cancel that drop I have pending of Edleman !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

De-lighted.

Monday night cant come soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Yes yes yes yes ****ing YES!!

Suddenly everything doesn't look so bad for us

Hazys wrote: »
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/06/sources-moss-was-becoming-a-distraction-in-new-england/

My god, i gave Moss the benefit of the doubt a lot when he was a Pats player...now i just think he is a w*nker

So now you are going to take the word of a 'source' and just believe it?

What about what Belichick said?
    "Over the course of the past several months, I have spoken with Randy and his representative about Randy's place on our team and his future in football. Consistent with my dealings with Randy from the day we acquired him through our conversation this morning, it has been honest, thoughtful and with great mutual respect.
    http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=45048&pcid=47

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

Moss is a loss to the Pats, but he was demanding a contract extension that he was never going to get from the Patriots so if his concentration on playing football for the Pats was not at 100% then a good coach has to make the hard choice and get what you can for him. The three ingredients for success in New England right now are Brady, Belichick and Kraft. Everybody else, as we have seen over recent years, is expendable.

P.S. I think he will do pretty well with the Vikings as long as the Favre/Moss egos don't clash too much.

So now you are going to take the word of a 'source' and just believe it?

What about what Belichick said?

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=45048&pcid=47

Seriously?

Bill has no issues with Moss, so he just randomly gets rid of one of our best players for a 3rd round pick in week 5?

I guess Brady will be gone next week for a 5th round pick next week if thats the case.

Mike Reiss just said that there was a heated exchange between Moss and O'Brien at halftime when were losing 7-6 to the Dolphins, Moss was not targeted at any stage in the second half of that game.

Would you blame the guy for being pissed at halftime in a game they were losing? I wouldn't, all it shows is that he is extremely competitive.
    Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5655198

Seriously?

Bill has no issues with Moss, so he just randomly gets rid of one of our best players for a 3rd round pick in week 5?

I guess Brady will be gone next week for a 5th round pick next week if thats the case.

Whats this? I'm pointing out that you are willing to take the word of an unnamed source on PFT which doesn't have the greatest reputation when it comes to Patriots news over the word of Bill Belichick.

Oh and by the way its now been reported by Peter King that we are giving them a 7th round pick as part of this deal.

Whats this? I'm pointing out that you are willing to take the word of an unnamed source on PFT which doesn't have the greatest reputation when it comes to Patriots news over the word of Bill Belichick.

What the unnamed source said seems to make sense in such an erratic trade.

What do you expect Bill to say about Moss on the podium? Call him an asshole and flip the bird at the camera?

I have no doubt Bill has a fondness for Moss but enough was enough for him. Moss behind the scenes was probably becoming a distraction, case in point the O'Brien argument because he wasnt getting the ball, that is BS from Moss and not good for the team.

Mike Reiss just said that there was a heated exchange between Moss and O'Brien at halftime when were losing 7-6 to the Dolphins, Moss was not targeted at any stage in the second half of that game.

Would you blame the guy for being pissed at halftime in a game they were losing? I wouldn't, all it shows is that he is extremely competitive.

You do know you quoted an article that has unnamed sources?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

So I guess the other 52 players on the team, who were not throwing hissy fits because their team was down by a single point, are not competitive? The 52 useless gits were probably just listing to their coaches and focusing on how they could play their role better in pulling out the win. Hmmmm....I wonder how that worked out. :-)

That said, if the article is true, it was clearly the final straw.

You do know you quoted an article that has unnamed sources?

Player sources and Bruschi said the same thing and he and Reiss work together a lot. Reiss doesn't do bull reports, he is the best reporter on Patriot's matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

I read an interesting point elsewhere that Moss just doesn't have the same value with the Patriots any more because every other team in the AFC East has such excellent cornerbacks ie. Revis, Davis etc. That explains the change to using more TE's to create mismatches. He probably will again be productive with the Vikes and the Pat fans will be pissed about the trade again at the end of the year but I definitely think it's the right move, the AFC East just isn't the place for him and trade him now rather than at the end of the year when there'll be more talk of him being washed up.

So I guess the other 52 players on the team, who were not throwing hissy fits because their team was down by a single point, are not competitive? The 52 useless gits were probably just listing to their coaches and focusing on how they could play their role better in pulling out the win. Hmmmm....I wonder how that worked out. :-)

That said, if the article is true, it was clearly the final straw.

How many of them others were tied for most receiving touchdowns last year, fifth in receiving yards and all that despite the fact that he played hurt for a good portion of last season?

Player sources and Bruschi said the same thing and he and Reiss work together a lot. Reiss doesn't do bull reports, he is the best reporter on Patriot's matters.

You do know the article i posted with unnamed sources and the article you posted with unnamed sources are practically saying the same thing?

I read an interesting point elsewhere that Moss just doesn't have the same value with the Patriots any more because every other team in the AFC East has such excellent cornerbacks ie. Revis, Davis etc. That explains the change to using more TE's to create mismatches. He probably will again be productive with the Vikes and the Pat fans will be pissed about the trade again at the end of the year but I definitely think it's the right move, the AFC East just isn't the place for him and trade him now rather than at the end of the year when there'll be more talk of him being washed up.

That doesn't wash at all though. All this means is that their best corner now comes in and takes Welker because they don't have to worry as much about the deep threat.

Right now the Patriots WR corp is as follows in order of who gets the starts.

Welker
    Tate - Second year who hasn't shown much in the receiving game to date, excellent kick returner.
    Edelman - Second year. Similar to Welker but has been injury prone since he got here.
    Price - Rookie. There was a lot of talk about him but he looked really poor in preseason and hasn't been on the field yet in the regular season.
    Slater - Special teams ace, previously listed as a safety.

You do know the article i posted with unnamed sources and the article you posted with unnamed sources are practically saying the same thing?

The article you posted said he looked for a trade after week 1 which is not in the article I posted. It also said that other players were becoming frustrated which again is not in the article I posted. It doesn't mention anything about Bill O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

P.S. I think he will do pretty well with the Vikings as long as the Favre/Moss egos don't clash too much.

Moss is supposedly known as Favre's favourite reciever in the league. This must feel like a 41st b'day present for ole brett

The article you posted said he looked for a trade after week 1 which is not in the article I posted. It also said that other players were becoming frustrated which again is not in the article I posted. It doesn't mention anything about Bill O'Brien.

I think the theme is called "Moss is a distraction".

Apparently as part of the deal Vikings are getting NEs 7th round pick in 2012 :eek::confused::mad::(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Everybody else, as we have seen over recent years, is expendable.
    Explain please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Man, am I not pleased with that.
    I was already fearing going up against him once facing the Patriots but now we have to face him twice.
    This maybe the spark the Vikings need to get going.

Advertisement