Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please explain why

Options
  • 05-10-2010 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

marijuana is illegal and Alcohol is legal ?

Bad health effects of Marijuana abuse
    - Paranoia
    - Possible psychosis after usage over many years at very high levels (unsubstanciated)
    - effects to lungs and throat from smoking

Bad health effects of alcohol abuse
    - Liver damage, liver failure can lead to death
    - Pancreatitis, failure can lead to death
    - Brain damage
    - Heart problems
    the list goes on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Two wrongs don't make a right? But two rights bring you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

probably has something to do with the government having legislation banning one and legislation licensing the other for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

fuck, the time machine is acting up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Because they can't make money of weed, they can off alcohol. If they made weed legal you could just grow your own. You can't grow your own beer last time I checked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

OutlawPete wrote: »

True words, I've only started using boards frequently in the last few weeks and i've come across this topic plenty.

I guess at the end of the day it's the law and no amount of moaning about it on boards is gonna change that. But theres so many laws out there that dont make sense. This is but one of them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sykk wrote: »
    Because they can't make money of weed, they can off alcohol. If they made weed legal you could just grow your own. You can't grow your own beer last time I checked!

You what? Of course you feckin' well can, it's simplicity itself to make your own beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Confab wrote: »
    You what? Of course you feckin' well can, it's simplicity itself to make your own beer.

And wine, although I made a mess of that :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

becuase england hasnt legalised it yet. that's all we can hope/wait for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭google faps

Because you touch yourself at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

If Irish famers were growing marijuana 100 years ago it would be legal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

- Possible psychosis after usage over many years at very high levels
    That's only slightly true depending on the person. The vast majority of users won't go mad no matter how much they smoke.

Advertisement