Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG medicinal cannabis discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

"Look at these marose muthafcukas right here, smell like someone shit in their cereal... BONNNGGG."

AIDS and weed, or drink and smokes. Drink for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eu-to-discuss-legalising-medicinal-cannabis-472690.html

Minister for Drugs Pat Carey has a meeting tomorrow too with Gordon McArdle, the man who has written the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Act. He has made a package for the government to read, containing scientific information, testimonials, etc. and it's been translated to many languages, to which he hopes the rest of the EU can follow. The act is loosely based on California's laws but a much more regulated process. Fingers crossed guys, this can work!

The CUMCA website is http://www.hempirl.webs.com/

Good things are happening people!

It's only good if its a better system than California. As in not every Tom, Dick and Harry can go in and get prescribed it for some bogus cause. e.g. Snoop Dogg suffering from f'kin anxiety!

I have never ever heard before that it cures cancer, aids or arthiritus...pardon the pun but it sounds like someones blowing smoke up our asses

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Good things are happening people!

But it's for medicinal use... not for stoners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

He will go in with scientific facts, that will scare whoever he speaks with and automatically make this a no go.

Fcukin' science hating ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

But it's for medicinal use... not for stoners...

It's a step forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm off to stick my balls in the microwave in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I can't take that website seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Hot shít, wouldn't think Ireland would have the balls to consider anything as radical and outlandish as that. Imagine, a helpful substance being allowed to help people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Something less damaging than Cigarettes and more helpful than most of the shíte medication you get to cure countless illnesses becoming legal? Never.

• Advertisement

Ah Sykk, but we can only hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I wonder will there be a prohibition on supplying it to people with drug convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

as long as i cant get a prescription for my 'stress' or my 'depression' or my other various non-physical (and harder to prove) ailments i'll be as happy as a hippy in the 'dam.

i wont be holding my breath though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

blubloblu wrote: »
    I can't take that website seriously.

Breakingnews.ie?

Yea me neither. The news is always so boring.
    It's just not a patch on the onion.

:p

k_mac wrote: »
    I wonder will there be a prohibition on supplying it to people with drug convictions.
    Why, are you saying people with a conviction shouldn't get medical care?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I have never ever heard before that it cures cancer, aids or arthiritus...pardon the pun but it sounds like someones blowing smoke up our asses

"To cure or to treat", being the phrase used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

as long as i cant get a prescription for my 'stress' or my 'depression' or my other various non-physical (and harder to prove) ailments i'll be as happy as a hippy in the 'dam.

i wont be holding my breath though

My insomnia has been playing up a bit recently :P

ScumLord wrote: »

Absolutely. People with drug convictions shouldn't be allowed have access to drugs which can be abused, ranging from codeine to morphine. Doesn't matter if they're sick; they do drugs so they're LOWLIFES!!!1!!!1!111L OLLL

</facetious>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

ScumLord wrote: »

If they have a conviction for selling drugs I dont see why they should be given stuff to sell.

If they have a conviction for selling drugs I dont see why they should be given stuff to sell.

They'll need to visit their GP and it's up to them whether they want to give it to them or not.

If this comes into place, I wouldn't see the point in buying from the black market when you can get safer produce legally!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Medicinal cannabis, as a treatment, prescribed by doctors in appropriate amounts isn't a problem by me. I'd be supportive of legalising medicinal cannabis in that capacity only. There would have to be safeguards in order to estimate appropriate need and ensure that there aren't serious abuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

If this comes into place, I wouldn't see the point in buying from the black market when you can get safer produce legally!

This is the kind of **** that really pisses me off. There are actually people in this country that would really benefit from access to medicinal cannabis and all this thread is going to be about is falsifying reasons to get it.

Bull****ting your way into would hardly be getting it legally, as your would be fraudulently claiming to have medical issues you didn't have with the direct goal of obtaining a substance that would otherwise be off limits to you.

At least view that fraud as what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It's only good if its a better system than California. As in not every Tom, Dick and Harry can go in and get prescribed it for some bogus cause. e.g. Snoop Dogg suffering from f'kin anxiety!

Nobody is claiming that it CURES these conditions, it helps TREAT them. Cancer sufferers get great pain relief from a few hits of weed. It also eases the pain of arthritis and many other painful conditions. It helps those with glaucoma, etc.

This is the kind of **** that really pisses me off. There are actually people in this country that would really benefit from access to medicinal cannabis and all this thread is going to be about is falsifying reasons to get it.

Bull****ting your way into would hardly be getting it legally, as your would be fraudulently claiming to have medical issues you didn't have with the direct goal of obtaining a substance that would otherwise be off limits to you.

At least view that fraud as what it is.

What??

I didn't say anything about falsifying any medical issues. I just made the point that nobody has to go to the black market to treat their illness, as they can get it from their GP (that is if this is passed)

:confused::confused:

Nobody is claiming that it CURES these conditions, it helps TREAT them. Cancer sufferers get great pain relief from a few hits of weed.

More than that buddy :)

Check my post from the previous page!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Jakkass wrote: »
    Medicinal cannabis, as a treatment, prescribed by doctors in appropriate amounts isn't a problem by me. I'd be supportive of legalising medicinal cannabis in that capacity only. There would have to be safeguards in order to estimate appropriate need and ensure that there aren't serious abuses.

This debate was in the politics forum a couple of weeks ago. Of course the stoners thought it was a license to actually grow the plants themselves if they had a headache and prescribe to their mates. The kind of thinking that gets the law revoked in a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

Legalise it in Ireland only...
    We are becoming immune to whiskey

They need something else to stop us taking over the world!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

"To cure or to treat", being the phrase used.

exactly..they should not use cure. They have state To cure in the news article which is ballsy and sensationalist....The links provided by another poster doesn't say it cures either. THC which is in it can help stop the spread or growth of tumours...also in the study the THC was injected. Wouldn't it then be possible to have this as a series of injections to reduce risk to the lungs?

I watched a documentary before about it in California. In fairness the people that used it did like it but they also weren't abusing the stuff and used special filters to ensure they were getting what was needed medicinal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Well if they have been selling it it the past then I'm sure they don't need a bloody doctor's note to get some for their own consumption if they are suffering. Just call up some of the old contacts.

• Advertisement

Your bringing in bureaucracy into it now and restricting medical care based on a persons past. I don't see why people feel the need to ensure certain people get sustained punishment for things they feel are wrong. The only person who should decide what drugs a person is prescribed is their doctor.

Advertisement