Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good areas in Tallaght

Options
  • 04-10-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

what are the good parts.area's in tallaght to buy a house in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Depends, what are you looking for? amenities etc?

Firhouse / Kingswood / Belgard / Balrothery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

close to shops,pubs,gym etc....

and close to public transport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kilnamanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

listermint wrote: »
    Depends, what are you looking for? amenities etc?

Firhouse / Kingswood / Belgard / Balrothery

Firhouse is not Tallaght ;)

• Advertisement

I would say Kilnamanagh, Kingswood & Old Bawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

D3PO wrote: »

Yes it is.

Most of Tallaght is fine, the areas mentioned plus Old Bawn, Aylesbury, most of Millbrook Lawns. Most of Springfield is fine too. The area is very well serviced by public transport.

are there villages in those areas?or is all just housing estates?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

CiaranC wrote: »
    Yes it is.

Most of Tallaght is fine, the areas mentioned plus Old Bawn, Aylesbury, most of Millbrook Lawns. Most of Springfield is fine too. The area is very well serviced by public transport.

No its not, Tallaght is the other side of the river which Firhouse is not, so it is not Tallaght.
    Firhouse is Dublin 24, but is not Tallaght.

Each estate tends to have its own centre with a SuperValu/Lidl/Aldi, Newsagent, Chemist, Butchers and other shops. The main commercial district in Tallaght would then be based around The Square and adjoining retail parks.

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    No its not, Tallaght is the other side of the river which Firhouse is not, so it is not Tallaght.
    Does this mean The Mill, Old Bawn shopping centre and Ballycragh arent in Tallaght either?

Of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

Hi Folks, Would people ever get real!Tallaght is Tallaght, Firhouse is Firhouse,Old Bawn is Old Bawn,etc etc etc.That is why they have different names.Dublin 24 is a post code.To Thebourke.Before I moved to Old Bawn I had no idea how good an area it can be.Do as I did.Spend a day walking around the part you think you might live in.Speak to people, visit it at night.Talk to estate agents and view different houses.I have lived in a few parts of the city, some with great addresses, there is good and bad all over.

Hold on, Old Bawn is not in Tallaght now?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Yes it is.

Firhouse is not in tallaght it shares the same postcode.

Whats next your going to tell me that Sandyford is in Foxrock because they also share a postcode :rolleyes:

thanks for the info...its just i am not too familiar with tallaght..thats why i asked the questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Belgard, Kingswood, Old Bawn, Kilnamanagh and Firhouse are all really good areas. Belgard and Kingswood probably the best and quietest of them all and both on the LUAS line too.

thebourke wrote: »
    i am not too familiar with tallaght..thats why i asked the questions...

seems like many on here arent either going by their answers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

firhouse is tallaght, jeez people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

YES IT IS!!!!!

Firhouse is Dublin.24 which is Tallaght!!I know you were prob joking (?) but i HATE it when Firhouse resident think they live in templeogue, knocklyon etc. They all live in Tallaght. Sorry but u do do.:P

Anyway OP getting back to your point Old Bawn is a nice quiet area close to everything. Also Ellensborough in Kiltipper is a quiet estate but is small walk away from decent pubs/shops/restaurants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yep, Firhouse is Tallaght, sorry to disappoint all you Firhouse dwellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

talla10 wrote: »
    Firhouse is Dublin.24 which is Tallaght!!
    Um...Dublin 24 is not Tallaght. Tallaght is in Dublin 24.
    Just like Dublin 16 is not Templeogue or Rathfarnham or Whitechurch.

Next you'll be claiming that the Phoenix Park is in Dolphin's Barn. (Both Dublin 8)

Im sure an ordinance survey map could shed some light.

For those claiming Firhouse (nice area btw OP :P) is its own townland, where is the border? Cos it sure aint The Dodder, as Ive previously pointed out.

*edit* I think if the average income for an area hits a certain level you automatically get removed from Tallaght! Kingswood and Belgard would be at it too, except they would only get to move to D22, so no point.

seamus wrote: »
    Um...Dublin 24 is not Tallaght. Tallaght is in Dublin 24.
    Just like Dublin 16 is not Templeogue or Rathfarnham or Whitechurch.

Templeogue is Dublin 6e and Rathfarnham and Whitechurch are both dublin 14. Firhouse is in Tallaght i'm sorry if your too stuck up/posh/embarrassed to admit it but if you live in Firhouse you live in Tallaght. I cant see your arguement it cant be a debate...its FACT!!!If ya want to pretend ya live in a better place thats not in tallaght go ahead if ya sleep better at night...but when ya wake up YOUR IN TALLAGHT!!!(if ya live in Firhouse....Dublin.24...Tallaght...:P)

YES IT IS!!!!!

Firhouse is Dublin.24 which is Tallaght!!I know you were prob joking (?) but i HATE it when Firhouse resident think they live in templeogue, knocklyon etc. They all live in Tallaght. Sorry but u do do.:P

Anyway OP getting back to your point Old Bawn is a nice quiet area close to everything. Also Ellensborough in Kiltipper is a quiet estate but is small walk away from decent pubs/shops/restaurants

Do you want a history lesson ?

You logic is ill informed. POSTCODES ARE SHARED .

Firhouse is D24 Tallaght is D24
    Sandyford is D18 Foxrock is D18
    Blanchardstown is D15 Castleknock is D15

NONE of these are the same places :rolleyes:

As for a history lesson.

The area know as Firhouse was originally classed as Templeogue in the 1970's. The area then became to large to manage under a single postcode system and became Firhouse D16, following this in the 1980's Firhouse was incorporated into the Dublin 24 postcode.

p.s Im not from Firhouse Im from Templeogue but I hate how people think that one postcode = one area because that is not how postcodes work.

Nobody is saying Firhouse is Knocklyon or Templeogue. They are saying its Firhouse

Templeogue is Dublin 6e )

eh no its not Templeogue is D6W or D6 West. Again showing how you havent a clue how areas are classified :rolleyes:

Another history lesson for you. Templeogue was originally Dublin 6. They tried to reclassify it to Dublin 12 but due to political pressure from the residents which essentially was nothing but snobbery they decided to create a unique postcode for it Dublin 6 West.

IF it had of been reclassified as Dublin 12 Templeogue would still have been templeogue. It wouldnt all of a sudden have become Walkinston. Which would seem to be your logic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually, going by the very old townland maps, there's no such place as Firhouse - it's called Tymon South.

Quite a small place overall, roughly covering the area around the old convent school and across to the community college. Much of what we call Firhouse is actually Killininey on the west and Knocklyon on the east. The southern part of Firhouse is covered mainly by Ballycragh, Oldcourt and Ballycullen, though many people consider the Oldcourt/Ballycullen townlands now to be Ballycullen, distinct from Firhouse.

The Tallaght townland is enormous alright, but it definitely doesn't include Firhouse or Old Bawn.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sandyford is D18 Foxrock is D18

Is Foxrock not Co. Dublin?

Do you want a history lesson ?

As for a history lesson.

The area know as Firhouse was originally classed as Templeogue in the 1970's. The area then became to large to manage under a single postcode system and became Firhouse D16, following this in the 1980's Firhouse was incorporated into the Dublin 24 postcode.

p.s Im not from Firhouse Im from Templeogue but I hate how people think that one postcode = one area because that is not how postcodes work.

Districts

The greater Tallaght area comprises several districts. Some areas, such as Templeogue and Knocklyon were historically separate (and physically disconnected) while others like Firhouse have been part of Tallaght parish for centuries. These, and a number of other distinct places and villages are now accumulated within "Greater Tallaght," and exist under local authority structures, as the electoral area of "Tallaght South."

There's your history lesson :rolleyes:

eh no its not Templeogue is D6W or D6 West. Again showing how you havent a clue how areas are classified :rolleyes:

I mixed up W and E sorry :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

seamus wrote: »
    The Tallaght townland is enormous alright, but it definitely doesn't include Firhouse or Old Bawn.

I'm afraid you're wrong there. Old Bawn is without doubt, part of Tallaght.

Advertisement