Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who control Obama? I let you guess...

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

alastair wrote: »
    Fraid not - it's one of the benefits of not having bigoted blinkers on.

Your wrong. Your falling for that huff post bull****. It makes out that he volunteered for a foriegn army while his own state was at war, bull**** he voluteered for the IDF.

This is who he volunteered with http://www.sar-el.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Your wrong. Your falling for that huff post bull****. It makes out that he volunteered for a foriegn army while his own state was at war, bull**** he voluteered for the IDF.

This is who he volunteered with http://www.sar-el.org/
    The author of the piece was James Zogby, Founder and president of the Arab American Institute. I'd imagine he's not particularly biased in Israel's favor?

As for Sar-El, any proof that he joined them? One usually can't join one of these organizations without leaving a paper trail, especially when you follow it up with a position as the Chief Of Staff in the White House.

gizmo wrote: »
    The author of the piece was James Zogby, Founder and president of the Arab American Institute. I'd imagine he's not particularly biased in Israel's favor?

As for Sar-El, any proof that he joined them? One usually can't join one of these organizations without leaving a paper trail, especially when you follow it up with a position as the Chief Of Staff in the White House.

What you have is Zogby the pet Muslim of the CFR covering for the CFR dominated Obama administration. No mystery here. He doesn't cite his sources. Every Israeli report I have seen says Emanuel volunteered for the IDF.

http://www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=Z

What you have is Zogby the pet Muslim of the CFR covering for the CFR dominated Obama administration. No mystery here. He doesn't cite his sources. Every Israeli report I have seen says Emanuel volunteered for the IDF.

http://www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=Z
    First problem: The continual assumption that the Council Of Foreign Relations is some form of malevolent organisation despite people like Zbigniew Brzezinski condemning a possible attack on Iran by either the US or the Israelis.

Second problem: You're writing off the entire Arab American Institute, one of the largest pro-Arab organisations in the US based off what exactly?

Third problem: You have shown no proof that Emanuel was either in the IDF or Sar-El.

That last point aside, even if he was in Sar-El, the organisation itself is a volunteer program which is neither paid nor armed and is mainly in the logistical, maintaining, catering, supply and medical services. Hardly a damning conviction to join it for a the couple of weeks, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

enno99 wrote: »
    The apple dont fall far from the tree
    Instead of an opinion or intelligent argument you pluck the easiest expression that comes to mind. It must be true then, for EVERY single case. You exactly like your pops then?

• Advertisement

First problem: The continual assumption that the Council Of Foreign Relations is some form of malevolent organisation despite people like Zbigniew Brzezinski condemning a possible attack on Iran by either the US or the Israelis.

Second problem: You're writing off the entire Arab American Institute, one of the largest pro-Arab organisations in the US based off what exactly?

Third problem: You have shown no proof that Emanuel was either in the IDF or Sar-El.

That last point aside, even if he was in Sar-El, the organisation itself is a volunteer program which is neither paid nor armed and is mainly in the logistical, maintaining, catering, supply and medical services. Hardly a damning conviction to join it for a the couple of weeks, is it?

I don't intend on explaining this any further.

Obama, the then Messiah of Hope and Change had been massively supported in his campaign by American minorities of every description including Arab-Americans and American Muslims. In a betrayal to these groups Obama hires Rahm "Israel" Emanuel, son of an Israeli terrorist and former IDF volunteer as his chief-of-staff. Change this does not make. Dr Zogby a CFR member (and along with his brother of Zogby polls is a massive Democrat supporter) is held in high regard by the groups that Obomber has just ****ed over. Therefore Zogby abused his trust by going into damage control through glossing over Emanuel's IDF past and by extension his primary loyalty to the state of Israel thus helping to keep Obama's illusion of change in place...for a while. Hamas had even endorsed Obama for a while, until his grovelling AIPAC speech. What has happened is Zogby showed who his true masters were - the CFR covering for the CFR Obama administration.

I don't intend on explaining this any further.

Obama, the then Messiah of Hope and Change had been massively supported in his campaign by American minorities of every description including Arab-Americans and American Muslims. In a betrayal to these groups Obama hires Rahm "Israel" Emanuel, son of an Israeli terrorist and former IDF volunteer as his chief-of-staff. Change this does not make. Dr Zogby a CFR member (and along with his brother of Zogby polls is a massive Democrat supporter) is held in high regard by the groups that Obomber has just ****ed over. Therefore Zogby abused his trust by going into damage control through glossing over Emanuel's IDF past and by extension his primary loyalty to the state of Israel thus helping to keep Obama's illusion of change in place...for a while. Hamas had even endorsed Obama for a while, until his grovelling AIPAC speech. What has happened is Zogby showed who his true masters were - the CFR covering for the CFR Obama administration.
    Unfortunately you tackled none of the points I asked above, neither have you supplied any evidence that he was a member of Sar-El. Furthermore you indicate that by somehow hiring a Jew as his Chief Of Staff he was betraying his Arab-American supporters? You may balk at the Jew comment however there is no other reason to regard him with such suspicion, not only is he not his father but his IDF supposed service, should you wish to call it that, took place while maintaining American equipment in Israel for a couple of weeks, hardly proof that his "primary loyalty" is to the state of Israel.

Finally if the CFR, through the likes of Brzezinski, are influencing the Obama Administration then I certainly see it as a good thing. The piece with the former gentleman has been posted multiple times before where he specifically states they should use to force to stop Israel using Iraqi airspace to attack Iran.

Unfortunately you tackled none of the points I asked above, neither have you supplied any evidence that he was a member of Sar-El. Furthermore you indicate that by somehow hiring a Jew as his Chief Of Staff he was betraying his Arab-American supporters? You may balk at the Jew comment however there is no other reason to regard him with such suspicion, not only is he not his father but his IDF supposed service, should you wish to call it that, took place while maintaining American equipment in Israel for a couple of weeks, hardly proof that his "primary loyalty" is to the state of Israel.

Look the truth can't be considered prejudiced can it?

I know it is the truth because I can remember the reports from the time.

Now if I was to go to the trouble of proving this I'd like you to clarify some things first:

1. Can you accept that the decision of which nation's armed forces you should volunteer for (excluding mercenaries) is a clear indicator of where your primary loyalty lies?
    2. Can you accept that hiring an admitted friend of Israel as your chief of staff is a betrayal to the Arab-American and American Moslems who you were courting and had supported your campaign in the tens of thousands by being nothing of the "change" from the Zionist policies of the Bush administrations. ? History has since proved this.
    3. Can you accept that Zogby was either a) Mistaken or b) obfuscating by trying to play down Emanuel's role in the IDF?
    Finally if the CFR, through the likes of Brzezinski, are influencing the Obama Administration then I certainly see it as a good thing. The piece with the former gentleman has been posted multiple times before where he specifically states they should use to force to stop Israel using Iraqi airspace to attack Iran.

If I'm not mistaken he referred to Iraqi airspace as "our" airspace. That right there should tell you all you need to know. Brzezinski is a puppeteer of this murderous cabaal and can't actually ever be taken on his word.

Now if I was to go to the trouble of proving this I'd like you to clarify some things first:
    Can you accept that the decision of which nation's armed forces you should volunteer for (excluding mercenaries) is a clear indicator of where your primary loyalty lies?
    In general no, many Irish people have served in the UK miltiary for instance both of their own choosing and due to not being accepted into the Irish military. There was even a thread in AH recently on the latter topic, some people of course called him unpatriotic but the majority were supportive of his desire.

In this specific context, Emanuel volunteered as a civilian for short term service maintaining US military hardware in Israel which was given to them by the US following the launch of Scud missiles from Iraq into Israel. Given his upbringing and his ability to speak Hebrew this made him an idea candidate for service in this area and since Sar-El only requires a few weeks service it probably looked like the best choice rather than joining the US military. Given all of this I simply reject the notion that the weeks served indicate his primary loyalty remained with Israel. Also notice his current campaign for the office of Mayor in Chicago, what power would that give him given his supposed pro-Israel agenda?
    Can you accept that hiring an admitted friend of Israel as your chief of staff is a betrayal to the Arab-American and American Moslems who you were courting and had supported your campaign in the tens of thousands by being nothing of the "change" from the Zionist policies of the Bush administrations. ? History has since proved this.
    Why would I accept it when even Arab-Americans don't accept it? Also note, I would have no problem if his Chief Of Staff had been of Arab descent although I'm sure those who accuse Obama of being a Muslim would have had a field day. Let's be honest here, the only appointment anyone would have been truly happy with is a white, non-denominational appointee. Any other race, religion or creed would have gotten up someone's back.
    Can you accept that Zogby was either a) Mistaken or b) obfuscating by trying to play down Emanuel's role in the IDF?
    Well he's doing the same thing as some of the posters here so no. Personally I think it's refreshing to see someone in his position take that stance.
    If I'm not mistaken he referred to Iraqi airspace as "our" airspace. That right there should tell you all you need to know. Brzezinski is a puppeteer of this murderous cabaal and can't actually ever be taken on his word.
    Of course he did because it's the airspace they currently help control with their airforce since the Iraqi airforce is still being rebuilt. Also, if he was a puppeteer for a "murderous cabaal" then why would he be advocating shooting down Israeli planes if they tried to use that airspace and saying, quite specifically that they should not attack Iran?

• Advertisement

In general no, many Irish people have served in the UK miltiary for instance both of their own choosing and due to not being accepted into the Irish military. There was even a thread in AH recently on the latter topic, some people of course called him unpatriotic but the majority were supportive of his desire.

False comparison.

You are comparing people who make the professional decision to join a foriegn army either because they are misguided youths who want to fire big guns and fight in wars that they cannot do in the Irish army or for economic reasons; nothing to do with loyalty.

What would be a much more accurate and fair description would be Northern Irish Protestants joining the British army out of LOYALTY to the queen or NI Catholics joining the Irish army out of LOYALTY to the Irish state.

Furthermore, Emanuel was a VOLUNTEER not a professional solider. To volunteer for any cause, never mind a war effort indicates clearly an affinity and loyalty to that particular cause.
    In this specific context, Emanuel volunteered as a civilian for short term service maintaining US military hardware in Israel which was given to them by the US following the launch of Scud missiles from Iraq into Israel. Given his upbringing and his ability to speak Hebrew this made him an idea candidate for service in this area and since Sar-El only requires a few weeks service it probably looked like the best choice rather than joining the US military. Given all of this I simply reject the notion that the weeks served indicate his primary loyalty remained with Israel.

You make it sound like the 5'5 ballet dancer rust proofing brakes for the IDF brought down Saddam :D

I believe you are an intelligent person which is exactly why I don't believe you actually believe any of what you just posted. You can't argue against the fact that to volunteer for an armed service clearly indicates a definite loyalty to that army.
    Why would I accept it when even Arab-Americans don't accept it? Also note, I would have no problem if his Chief Of Staff had been of Arab descent although I'm sure those who accuse Obama of being a Muslim would have had a field day. Let's be honest here, the only appointment anyone would have been truly happy with is a white, non-denominational appointee. Any other race, religion or creed would have gotten up someone's back.

Gizmo, this is from your very own link:
    One day and one announcement later, the tide turned.
    With the naming of Congressman Rahm Emanuel as Obama's White House Chief of Staff, for some, not all, the euphoria turned to despair. The emails and calls to my office were both troubled and troubling -- because much of the reaction was based on misinformation and because of what the entire episode revealed about the larger political dynamics involved.

Well he's doing the same thing as some of the posters here so no. Personally I think it's refreshing to see someone in his position take that stance.

Now this is getting silly. You are refusing to accept that Zogby was either wrong or intentionally deceptive. It must be one or the other. I have told you from the start which one it is.

False comparison.

You are comparing people who make the professional decision to join a foriegn army either because they are misguided youths who want to fire big guns and fight in wars that they cannot do in the Irish army or for economic reasons; nothing to do with loyalty.
    While I'll admit the joining of the British Army due to failed admission to the Irish Army wasn't the best comparison I think the other one was still valid, but not to the point you're trying to make. You see, I still don't believe it was out of loyalty that he joined Sar-El. I mean if he was THAT loyal to Israel why not join the IDF as a whole, why only sign up for a few weeks as a civilian volunteer maintaining US weaponry in a country which wasn't even directly involved in the war itself? Surely he knew having such a temporary stay on his CV wouldn't endear himself to either those who view Israel in a negative light or those who are rabidly pro-Israel? It simply doesn't add up as far as I'm concerned.
    You make it sound like the 5'5 ballet dancer rust proofing brakes for the IDF brought down Saddam :D
    Hah, I don't mean it like that! :D The reason I brought up the missile batteries was because they were given to the Israelis by the US hence a US citizen going over to maintain them who happened to speak fluent Hebrew makes sense in this context.
    I believe you are an intelligent person which is exactly why I don't believe you actually believe any of what you just posted. You can't argue against the fact that to volunteer for an armed service clearly indicates a definite loyalty to that army.
    If he joined up to the IDF and served for a term then I wouldn't hesitate to agree with you in the slightest. I just find this particularly instance to not be enough to condemn the guy.

As for the Zogby issue, I'm not disagreeing with the fact that some Arab-Americans were suspicious of the appointment, I simply wish it wasn't such an issue. I mean, had he not been involved with Sar-El, would you or they still have had an issue with him? I can't speak for you of course but generally speaking I'd say there would still have been many suspicious of him because of his family and/or background. That to be me nothing more than racial stereotyping and would be just as bad if Americans reacted in a similar way had a Muslim advisor been appointed. Why I warm to Zogby's reaction is that a man in his position as head of such an organisation was able to see through this and attempt to allay people's fears sufficiently.

While I'll admit the joining of the British Army due to failed admission to the Irish Army wasn't the best comparison I think the other one was still valid, but not to the point you're trying to make. You see, I still don't believe it was out of loyalty that he joined Sar-El. I mean if he was THAT loyal to Israel why not join the IDF as a whole, why only sign up for a few weeks as a civilian volunteer maintaining US weaponry in a country which wasn't even directly involved in the war itself? Surely he knew having such a temporary stay on his CV wouldn't endear himself to either those who view Israel in a negative light or those who are rabidly pro-Israel? It simply doesn't add up as far as I'm concerned.

Hah, I don't mean it like that! :D The reason I brought up the missile batteries was because they were given to the Israelis by the US hence a US citizen going over to maintain them who happened to speak fluent Hebrew makes sense in this context.

If he joined up to the IDF and served for a term then I wouldn't hesitate to agree with you in the slightest. I just find this particularly instance to not be enough to condemn the guy.

As for the Zogby issue, I'm not disagreeing with the fact that some Arab-Americans were suspicious of the appointment, I simply wish it wasn't such an issue. I mean, had he not been involved with Sar-El, would you or they still have had an issue with him? I can't speak for you of course but generally speaking I'd say there would still have been many suspicious of him because of his family and/or background. That to be me nothing more than racial stereotyping and would be just as bad if Americans reacted in a similar way had a Muslim advisor been appointed. Why I warm to Zogby's reaction is that a man in his position as head of such an organisation was able to see through this and attempt to allay people's fears sufficiently.

Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree amicably I hope. :)

But watch this and remember Zogby's words. Bare in mind that it is not feasible that Zogby was simply mistaken as he is the first person to make this claim regarding Emanuel. His intent must surely be to mislead his Arab audience.

Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree amicably I hope. :)
    But of course, it's my favourite kind. :)
    But watch this and remember Zogby's words. Bare in mind that it is not feasible that Zogby was simply mistaken as he is the first person to make this claim regarding Emanuel. His intent must surely be to mislead his Arab audience.

On a final note, where was he misleading his Arab audience? I don't think anyone would disagree that Emanuel is pro-Israel, in fact Zogby even said it himself, "He is a strong supporter of Israel." but he also said this:
    Rahm Emanuel is a brilliant strategist and a practitioner of hard-ball politics who, in campaigns, his time in the Clinton White House and more recently in Congress, has demonstrated that he knows how to get a job done. Because there will be critical legislation the President-elect will need to move through Congress, from an economic recovery package and health care reform to a comprehensive approach to alternative energy, Obama has tapped Emanuel for his proven political skills. It is that simple.

And that is the primary reasoning behind his appointment in my eyes. Regarding the original comment way back from Obama saying the Jewish support is why he's there, well that's playing on Emanuel's pro-Israel outlook at work. Now, if that outlook were to lead to him saying "We need to attack Iran for the good of Israel", then I'd have a problem but it hasn't happened and I don't believe it will happen.

On a lighter note, Emanuel's resignation was covered humorously on the latest Daily Show which mirrored many of the above comments made. It also, however, dealt with the manner in which he carries out his work which I'm sure will elicit a smile should you watch it. :)

But of course, it's my favourite kind. :)

On a final note, where was he misleading his Arab audience? I don't think anyone would disagree that Emanuel is pro-Israel, in fact Zogby even said it himself, "He is a strong supporter of Israel." but he also said this:

I can't play the sound now cos my wifes asleep beside me bere but in the video Emanuel confirms he volunteered for the Israeli army when brought up by the anchor therefore Zogby's article in suggesting he was contributing to the US war effort was disinformation and damage control, there isn't any two ways about it.

I can't play the sound now cos my wifes asleep beside me bere but in the video Emanuel confirms he volunteered for the Israeli army when brought up by the anchor therefore Zogby's article in suggesting he was contributing to the US war effort was disinformation and damage control, there isn't any two ways about it.
    Well again that relates back to both the fact of the issue, he joined Sar-El, not the IDF and what I said above, that he joined during a war in which Israel was not involved as a civilian maintaining US equipment in the country. Also as I said before I think Zogby was looking more to reassure people which, given the wording used to describe the number of calls he received after Emanuel's appointment, he probably needed to do. :o

Advertisement