Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm Launch Date

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

really in 2 minds about playing cata when it comes out. yeh would like to see the graphical changes and changes to the old world, but i know that once its been out about 6 months its gonna be the same repetitive, boring, horrible grind of a game that it is now. it feels more like a chore than a game:
    "have to log on and do my dailies"
    "have to log on and do my weeklies"
    "have to log on and check auction house"
    etc tc

then the tedious queues for everything. what kind of a game should you have to queue 15 minutes to do a bit of pvp, or 15 mnutes to do a heroic.

the only reason i resubbed while i was off with my broken collar bone was to start doing pvp only, to see if that could excite me. re subbed, logged in, queue for first available random bg. queue time, 18 minutes... FOOK OFF
    thats not a game, blizz manages the game poorly, everything should be instant, regardless of realm (have been on about 5 relams and these are the shortist queues i have seen)
    rant over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,046 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

lazygit wrote: »
    Question!

is it worth stocking up on 25 completed level 80 quests and then running around and handing them in on release day?
    Kiith wrote: »
    If all your interested in is getting to 85 as soon as possible, then probably.
    Halt!

Blue Post:
    Although we’ve revealed some details of the conversion process (https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...74620794&sid=1), many of you have asked how many Justice and Valor Points bosses and daily dungeons will actually award. This list is incomplete, and the values may still change, but it covers the majority of the content we’ve been asked about.

• Lich King Heroic dungeon boss -- 16 Justice Points
    • Lich King daily normal dungeon -- 12 Justice Points
    • Lich King daily Heroic dungeon -- 23 Justice Points
    • Lich King raid boss -- 23 Justice Points

• Cataclysm Heroic dungeon boss -- 75 Justice Points
    • Cataclysm daily normal dungeon -- 75 Justice Points
    • Cataclysm daily Heroic dungeon -- 75 Valor Points
    • Cataclysm 10-player raid boss -- 75 Valor Points
    • Cataclysm 25-player raid boss -- 105 Valor Points

It’s important to note that once you outgrow content, by leveling past it by a predetermined amount, you’ll no longer gain points. The ‘outgrown’ level for end-game Wrath of the Lich King content is likely to be level 81. Once you level beyond Lich King content you’ll still be able to enter the dungeons, kill bosses, and see their drops, but they will not award you with points. This same principle applies to all content that provides Justice Points, including content from The Burning Crusade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Overheal wrote: »
    Halt!

Blue Post:

Err, That blue post has nothing to do with what you quoted.

The guy wanted to know if its worth stocking up on completed quests to hand in.

You quoted a post about Justice points which are gained from dungeons and raids.

So in short, yes, if you have 25 completed quests ready for the expansion, it will give you a bump before you start on the new content.

However, with the previous 2 expansions, the experience needed to level and the experience gained from quests has shot up each time, meaning that the 25 quests you have stored up probably only count as 10 new quests. So its not going to get you a full level or anything. Having said that, it wont hurt so theres no harm in doing it.

I guess my point was that if he wants to blast up to 81 he won't collect any JP while he's still raiding icc and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I doubt anyone will be doing icc once the expansion launches.

Level like crazy > hit 85 > raid new stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Screw getting to 85. It's straight to the new low level content with my Worgen Druid for me. I think i'm actually going to start grinding mats for whatever professions i'm going to take up. Have a nice healthy head start with them, since my gold levels are embarrassingly low.

Dustaz wrote: »
    I doubt anyone will be doing icc once the expansion launches.

Level like crazy > hit 85 > raid new stuff.
    nope, kill him now or dont kill him.

personally im halfway to Glory of the Ulduar Raider for a 310 mount and Starcaller title. Screw the LK.

Advertisement