Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm Launch Date

Options
  • 04-10-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Well, the new PvP season launces on the 14th of December, and a GM has confirmed that the season will launch a week after Cataclysm, so i guess 7th December, what do you guys think:D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Also , this
    http://www.wowhead.com/blog=169603
    (take it with a pinch of salt though)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think we will find out a week before, until then I'm not beleiving ****.

Have a pre-order with Gamestop and they are completely in the dark like, so I'd say a week before launch we will find out, as it was with every expansion before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well its been confirmed by Acti-Blizzard for a 7th of December release. Posts on Kotaku and Eurogamer saying they got the nod direct from A-B.

So whos getting the special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I normally just got for the standard version :-o, il see how much money ive got at the time tho

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

I really hope to hell they have ironed out all the bugs before release...
    This is the most bugged beta i have ever been involved with...its unreal,
    i really think they bit off more than they could chew this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Collector's Edition Includes:

Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and development teams, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development

Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil' Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart

Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe

Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks

Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth

World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector's Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG

for twice the price i dont think its worth it.

for twice the price i dont think its worth it.

If I could pick up a copy launch day I'd go for it.
    last time I preordered a collectors edition , (Tbc in 'Game' Ilac centre) I was told ..naah sorry, we were given none,sure have a regular one instead", this was after I was 2nd in the queue going in and got to see a game employee duck under the shutter a few minutes before they opened , who t then proceeded to saunter out a collectors box under his arm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

If I could pick up a copy launch day I'd go for it.
    last time I preordered a collectors edition , (Tbc in 'Game' Ilac centre) I was told ..naah sorry, we were given none,sure have a regular one instead", this was after I was 2nd in the queue going in and got to see a game employee duck under the shutter a few minutes before they opened , who t then proceeded to saunter out a collectors box under his arm :(

Things have changed in Game now though. If you order a collectors edition, they'll get one in for you. If you pay a deposit on it, you'll be guaranteed a copy (that's not always possible though). Otherwise you'd have to collect it in-store on the release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,037 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

THE END IS NIGH! THE WORLD IS F*CKED.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Im going to order it from play.com and have it the daybefore its in shops so i can have it installed and ready to go at 12am or whatever it is :d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Corinthian

GarethBah wrote: »
    Im going to order it from play.com and have it the daybefore its in shops so i can have it installed and ready to go at 12am or whatever it is :d

I pre-ordered Wrath of the Lich King from play, and didn't receive it until a few days after release :(

Notorious wrote: »
    Things have changed in Game now though. If you order a collectors edition, they'll get one in for you. If you pay a deposit on it, you'll be guaranteed a copy (that's not always possible though). Otherwise you'd have to collect it in-store on the release date.
    good to know , cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to stroll into a shop at around 5pm the day its released and pick one off the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm not going to get cata :)

Go me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Overheal wrote: »
    THE END IS NIGH! THE WORLD IS F*CKED.
    That guy that got you fired in work overheal...it looks like he is posting on your account again:-p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Good luck with that. Expect to see it a few weeks after release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Far as I know, you'll be able to purchase it online and download it direct via the blizzard store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

They are taking their sweet time in launching it.
    Shoud have been last year. I can't see what the huge difference will be in this version. Okay some graphics and quests but the game itself is the same.

TheUsual wrote: »
    They are taking their sweet time in launching it.
    Shoud have been last year.
    How do you figure? They only announced it in August last year. Alphas were this May. Exactly what would they have had to release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Unless you live in the UK, I'd forget about that idea straight away!
    I live in London and get stuff the day before release day from Play, but when I lived in Ireland it was usually anywhere between a full working week and 2 AFTER release date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 turiel

tman wrote: »
    Unless you live in the UK, I'd forget about that idea straight away!
    I live in London and get stuff the day before release day from Play, but when I lived in Ireland it was usually anywhere between a full working week and 2 AFTER release date.

I second this, I ordered Civ5 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Overheal wrote: »
    How do you figure? They only announced it in August last year. Alphas were this May. Exactly what would they have had to release?

12 months to release a game ???? Are you mental ??

This is not a new game, just an update to an existing game that we are talking about. Crazy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MR.VICE PRESIDENT

07-12-10

Tbh I don't think Im going too be getting it myself ..

Looks good do.

I'm actually really looking forward to it. Can't wait to see the old world redesigned, and am looking forward to finally levelling a Druid. I've avoided any of the screenshots of the new zones, and assuming they keep the quests to Wrath levels, then it should be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

This is not a new game, just an update to an existing game that we are talking about. Crazy. :rolleyes:

In fairness, it's a pretty big update, there's 5 GB of code sitting in my updates folder at the moment, that's a lot of code. And that's just in preparation for the expansion. There have been revisions to every part of the game, not just "some graphics and quests".

I'm not sure how familiar you are with software development lifecycles and roadmaps, but I don't think they'd have done it any sooner. Even as it is, I reckon we're still going to see lots of bugfixes and patches after the release, going on what I've seen in the Beta and Ptr forums.

I'm also looking forward to the new changes in 4.0, though not as much as some:
    dkDnKM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

The time frame is quite good. Blizzard is known of not releasing a game that isnt finished.

You have no idea the amount of effort and time it takes to create a game. Sure How long has it taken blizzard to release SC2, and they said they were working on it for a few years befor they even annouce it.

Blizzard are still working on a new IP MMO that hasnt even been annouced. Sure even in 2008 they annouced Diablo 3. and they were working on that since 2003-2004

Unless you actualy work in the game development industry and have a brief idea on the work that puts into it, Don't comment on how slow they release games. Its complelty diffrent then playing it and thinking "hey this is **** I could do better"

On Topic: Can't wait for 7th of Dec.. However its smack down at the start of my exams, so hopfully my exam time table wont be too bad.

You seem slightly confused between update, content patch, full blown expansion (Outland, Northrend) and a complete Overhaul of the original game world, plus new Expansion zones, Gameplay mechanic changes, and the whole nine yards.

But whatever, Im sure when you see the thing you'll know where the time went.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Going to ring Gamestop tomorrow and check their price, if its a case its €50, swords has a few options and there is usually a little price drop on stuff.

SC2 was €50 in Gamestop on release morning and was down to €40 by lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Question!

is it worth stocking up on 25 completed level 80 quests and then running around and handing them in on release day?

• Advertisement

If all your interested in is getting to 85 as soon as possible, then probably.

Advertisement