Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how long do you recon before I should come home?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

My background is working as a QS,

Apply for a job in the Social Welfare, they'll give you a position counting the unemployed! Definite large quantities there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

OP, you would be absolutely crazy to leave Australia now. People here are saying to come back in 3-5 years time, but if I were you, I'd stay permanently. They will probably mess up in the country again sooner or later anyway even if there was a short-term improvement...

I'll probably emigrate soon, if I don't get back to college next year... there is absolutely nothing, and I mean , nothing here for young people ( and everyone else really, but I'm just speaking from my perspective). I'm a recent graduate and my days consist of aimlessly job-hunting and depressing visits to the dole office... I can't wait to get out of here.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom , OP, but I really think you're better off where you are ( even the weather is nicer!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

CiaranC wrote: »
    You are in IT no? Theres loads of work in IT. Took me four days to get a job when I got back from Oz this year. Dont believe the hype.
    The same sentiment is being expressed in the Work/Jobs forum... Hopefully it's not all talk :)

Advertisement