Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you watch much TV ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

TV licence inspector in our neck of the woods yesterday. Was actually praying she would knock on our door so I could tell her that I have a TV to watch DVDs only as RTE either have their own schite on or import good series from the US which I have watched/bought already. TV licence=rip off...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

catreyn wrote: »
    TV licence inspector in our neck of the woods yesterday. Was actually praying she would knock on our door so I could tell her that I have a TV to watch DVDs only as RTE either have their own schite on or import good series from the US which I have watched/bought already. TV licence=rip off...

Why would she care what you think about RTE? She doesn't work for them, and the license is for the TV itself.. so even if you don't have an ariel plugged in, you're still expected to pay the fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Only problem is thay will find a way to get the ads into the internet channels too. Google are already doing it with Youtube, a lot more ads than there used to be
    True but I would be willing to pay a small subscription in order to get rid of the ads. Also if I am just watching to see if I am interested in a show then I would pay a small bit extra to allow me to download it and keep. Might bring some of the costs down for the consumers since money would go directly to the makers of the shows instead of having to give the middlemen their cut as well. Knowing the industry however they will probably try to gouge you on the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Morrigin

Don't have a television at all so a no from me then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I watch almost no TV, the only time I ever do is if I'm not at home or eating dinner. The TV in my room is used for playing video games.

If I'm interested in anything, I'll usually watch it online or download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mad Men is the only must see TV programme for me on atm. It depicts the times very well but still remains more relevant than ever now.

Sopranos and the Office before that and probably Cracker way back again. There really is very little on that would interest me these days.

Oh, the Stephen Hawkins series was good on C4 and BBC4 shows the odd good documentary. Can't justify paying for Sky anymore.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Nope. I just watch the nightly news and the odd documentry here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Rarely watch TV.. why bother when it's all on the net and you can watch your shows with no annoying ads! Although I suppose it does kind of help as social lube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Very little - well it's on in the background most of the time, but actually watching a programme: there is little of interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Only problem is thay will find a way to get the ads into the internet channels too. Google are already doing it with Youtube, a lot more ads than there used to be
    Adblock plus gets rid of ads on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

About an hour per week on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dudess wrote: »
    Very little - well it's on in the background most of the time, but actually watching a programme: there is little of interest to me.

Bit like that myself. Live on my own so when my son isn't here the TV is background noise while I browse the net.

Forgot to mention Dr. Who! The last series was very good, big improvement on the new era.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I am the same as Dudess.

I would watch the odd Mock The Week or whatever is interesting. But I have been watching anime a lot lately so I don't watch that much telly overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Isle

I don't watch that much TV on TV any more. I brought this media storage device that you can hook up to the TV and once a week I download all the TV shows I watch. So that way I can watch them whenever I want. I got sick of all the reality $hite that on all the time, I don't watch RTE 1 or 2, TV3 or any of the British channels. I have Sky but I only have the entertainment package. I buy boxsets of all the older shows I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Not so much now. Not as much as I used to. I mainly watch Midday TV and Xpose on TV3 in the morning early afternoon but wouldn't watch anything until later in the evening. Often wouldn't turn the tv on again until the soaps come on or if there was something on the news I wanted to watch. The tv would be on for the rest of the eve until bed then so get to watch what ever documentries or series that interests me. Currently like watching the Apprentice. If I happen to turn on the tv during the day or if there wasn't anything on telly it woud be to watch a dvd or movie or a GAA match or watch whats saved my Sky+ box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Not so much now. Not as much as I used to. I mainly watch Midday TV and Xpose on TV3 in the morning early afternoon but wouldn't watch anything until later in the evening. Often wouldn't turn the tv on again until the soaps come on or if there was something on the news I wanted to watch. The tv would be on for the rest of the eve until bed then so get to watch what ever documentries or series that interests me. Currently like watching the Apprentice. If I happen to turn on the tv during the day or if there wasn't anything on telly it woud be to watch a dvd or movie or a GAA match or watch whats saved my Sky+ box!
    You basically turn your TV off for a few hours in the afternoon then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

CiaranC wrote: »
    You basically turn your TV off for a few hours in the afternoon then
    Yes, suppose I could have just had said that! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

i don't watch the television ever, but i do watch seasons of shows i think are worth watching (24; house; dexter; criminal minds etc) via downloads or boxsets.

Please be female, and hot, if so PM me and I'll run away with you

Advertisement