Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****ards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Many years ago a guy I worked had the same problem, he waited until one day the noisy neighbors went out and he ran a garden hose in their bathroom window and turned the tap on. He ran it until he could see them returning and simply pulled on the hose to remove it.They opened the door to a very wet house. They moved out that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Erm, have you tried asking them to keep it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

with what happened in longford i kinda think this is in bad taste.

:rolleyes:

Sorry the Irish Times Business page reference was a bit out of line there why make anyone even noisy neighbors go through that torture!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to deal with noisey neighbours! :(

Be Noisier!!
    there could be a reality tv show about it... NOISE WARS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Had neighbours from hell in the flat below us.

There were 4 smoke alarms in our flat so we set them all off and went to Dublin for the weekend!

Came back to very quite neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

I am a noisey neighbor. Really noisey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

go over to their house and ring the doorbell

then go to the front garden pull down your pants and make a poo

but seriously just study them

Once they go to sleep turn on your music

Be sure it's jungle music like in Father Ted
    also wise to purchase at least 6 subs and a massive amplifier

speakers to go upstairs against the dividing wall
    problem solved

now when they come over to explain just say " I'm sorry is my music to loud for you, I do apologize. you are looking for Enda Kenny smugness here

they will soon realise they are ***ards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

2qk4u wrote: »
    Many years ago a guy I worked had the same problem, he waited until one day the noisy neighbors went out and he ran a garden hose in their bathroom window and turned the tap on. He ran it until he could see them returning and simply pulled on the hose to remove it.They opened the door to a very wet house. They moved out that day.

^ Guarantee that never happened. ;)

EDIT: Can AH just have a sticky with "My neighbours are doing x, what do I do?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Mehahahaahahaa - music not loud just reoccurring ten friends back making loud noises on a saturday night!
    There - how shall we say - a bit common!

Music when sleeping idea wouldn't work as I live with people too!

Walls aew like paper..Aggghhh!

well man, personally i wouldn't have too much of a problem with this on a Saturday night as such, yeah its a bit annoying but its the weekend and well people do these things throughout the land, far better on a saturday than a week night!!!!! Buy ear plugs and let them live a little, commoners have to too!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

chin_grin wrote: »

Can AH just have a sticky with "My neighbours are doing x, what do I do?".

Ask them who their dealer is( if your into that sort of thing )
    Report to guards( if your not into that sort of thing )
    Sell bottled tap water for €2 at their front door ( well we are in pre boom times)

• Advertisement

clived2 wrote: »
    Ask them who their dealer is( if your into that sort of thing )
    Report to guards( if your not into that sort of thing )
    Sell bottled tap water for €2 at their front door ( well we are in pre boom times)

I want to introduce you to my friend algebra. Where y = your salutation and z = facepalm.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

chin_grin wrote: »
    I want to introduce you to my friend algebra. Where y = your salutation and z = facepalm.

Oh really :eek: is that what were you were doing, thanks for the heads up.

clived2 wrote: »
    Oh really :eek: is that what were you were doing, thanks for the heads up.

X, it has it's uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Cheers peeps for all suggestions and breif insight into madness of afterhours! Being kept awake made me very cranky but as a mate so rightly pointed out - didn't give a hoot about neighbours or noise in my party days. So will either let the kids have their fun or turn into Victor Meldrew.

Thanks again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The old reliable:

Good feed of hot curry and Guinness

Supermarket plastic bag applied to he hole the following morning.

Unload the bowel content into the bag and a good strong piss to 'loosen it up'

Rinse and repeat for two days, then lob her on the roof of the neighbour's car during the night.

Always gets their attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can't stand my neighbours. They're the most inconsiderate people I've ever met. It isn't parties, or loud music, it's their children. They allow their children to run around the building (an apartment complex) shrieking and screaming at the top of their lungs. They use the communal hallway as some sort of playroom. Drives me insane. Oh, and they don't speak English very well so talking to them about it... no go.

Advertisement