Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are all Vegetarians Fat???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

When you think about it, eating meat is a bt disgusting.

But it just tastes so good!

I know several vegetarians and I can relate to what OP is saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

This just reminded me that as soon as the shop opens I'm so getting a Royale with Cheese.

Fleisch ist mein gemuse. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

R0ot wrote: »
    Ah vegetarians, oh how I hate them.
    Yeah I hate people who do stuff that doesn't affect me or anyone else - ****in' bastards! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

What is this??!!!... Its taken us thousands of years to get to the top of the food chain, so eat moar meat!!

But seriously, the only vegetarians i have a problem with are the condescending a holes who have some sort of superiority agenda. They make me want to eat three animals for every one they dont eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sisko wrote: »
    Hitler was a veggie , just sayin....

Didn't think he was that overweight?...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Hermann Goering loved hunting and eating animals. Just saying.

But seriously, the only vegetarians i have a problem with are the condescending a holes who have some sort of superiority agenda.
    I agree fully, but for people to have a huge problem with those who don't eat meat but mind their business about it - I don't know... it seems to indicate some sort of insecurity about their own meat-eating. Why the hell do they care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Confab wrote: »
    Tar's a SHE?

a sexy she. Turns girls in lesbians with a flick of her hair or a sniff of Tar Cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

bnt wrote: »
    Love the animals ... Hate the plants! As if a central nervous system determines whether or not an organism is food? :cool:

I do like good vegetarian cooking, such as Indian, but that stuff will kill you too. I've tried cooking some myself, and the amount of oil (coconut, ghee etc.) used in some Indian cuisine is insane. Even worse: vegans won't eat normal ghee, which is butterfat, but "vegetable ghee" is similar to margarine and is even worse for you. If you're poor and working on a building site in Delhi, you need the energy, but otherwise ...

please tell me thats pronounced "gee".

oh your a vegan.so are you allowed to eat gee then? <gets a slap in the face>

most vegans or vegetarians i know are under weight if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

please tell me thats pronounced "gee".

Yes, it's pronounced gee.

Nothing like a little ghee syrup to sweeten things up.

• Advertisement

Syrup - that's it! My quest to find the right word has come to an end.

I always found "juice" inappropriate - it has a much thicker consistency than juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I've some vegetarian friends and they aren't fat. One moved in with me and my flatmate for a while and being outnumbered, decided to eat meat. She put on a stone in 2 weeks. Seems she had a fairly good diet before meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

Dudess wrote: »
    Syrup - that's it! My quest to find the right word has come to an end.

I always found "juice" inappropriate - it has a much thicker consistency than juice.

And it's always a treat, being allowed to lick it from the bowl.

bluto63 wrote: »
    She put on a stone in 2 weeks.
    :eek:
    Surely not possible?! That's a pound a day! She'd need to be sitting on her arse constantly and consuming at least 5,500 calories daily. Well maybe not impossible, but difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

bluto63 wrote: »
    I've some vegetarian friends and they aren't fat. One moved in with me and my flatmate for a while and being outnumbered, decided to eat meat. She put on a stone in 2 weeks. Seems she had a fairly good diet before meat.

How much ****in meat did she eat?

A stone in two weeks? That's nothing short of... impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The fat veggies I know become overweight due to a mixture of booze and eating **** food.

Just because you're a veggie doesn't automatically mean you're a healthy eater.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Don't ask "Do you have any ghee?" to a girl in a health food store. Especially if she has never heard of it. ><

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

This is odd as I've never met a fat vegetarian, overall they have a lower obesity rate.
    Usually people who go vegetarian learn a bit about diet and nutrition first so they can get all the nutrients they need.
    If you don't know what to cook and stick to carbohydrates, then yeah, you'd get fat.

... I'm not a vegetarian myself, I don't eat very much meat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

If we were not supposed to eat animals, they would be made out of something other than meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Every veggie girl i ever knew ate sausage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, you posted in After Hours by mistake.
    I moved the thread to Veg forum so you could get an answer from the people who would know: vegetarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'm sorry Biko - this was only ever meant to be in After Hours. Plus, this factless argument was discussed recently enough over here.

Thread closed.

sweet-rasmus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement