Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its time to honour Bertie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

OP, you have to be taking the p!ss. But I'd put a few letters after his name like RIP (after I've thumped his head off a wall)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Even Bertie seems to have gotten over the possibility that there might be any chance of future respectability for him.

Proof :

56EA03C1D42D426EAE59ECD0AE18C204-0000333355-0001950181-00650L-91F0C2B15EB244E993CD6A3D1769B5EF.jpg

Watch out for him in a cupboard near you!

This is from his new advert for the News of the World in case anyone hasn't already seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Well if they can put a statue to a liar & a thief he should definitley get one..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Even Bertie seems to have gotten over the possibility that there might be any chance of future respectability for him.

Proof :

56EA03C1D42D426EAE59ECD0AE18C204-0000333355-0001950181-00650L-91F0C2B15EB244E993CD6A3D1769B5EF.jpg

Watch out for him in a cupboard near you!

This is from his new advert for the News of the World in case anyone hasn't already seen it.
    I bet he's put all of the poor lady's custard creams into his back pocket and is planning to sneak out at the perfect opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Im a noob as far as the Politics forum goes.

Im taking it that trolling is allowed then......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Johnny Murphy FF

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    Well if they can put a statue to a liar & a thief he should definitley get one..

Thats a damn like, Bertie was a good man, not a liar and a thief. Typical anti-FF nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Johnny Murphy FF

This post has been deleted.

Why not, sure dont we all have a flutter and win now and then? Dont begrudge the man that!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@ Johnny Murphy FF:
    take your pick but I reckon they all apply
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mhtc wrote: »
    I think Johnny Murphy FF is dead right, there should be something set in stone, say a huge plaque that highlighted ALL the lies and corruption, lest anybody forget what Bertie Ahern was really like.
    Hmm, I'd like to see his shoes set in stone and then dropped off O'Connell bridge
    http://photoshopcontest.com/images/fullsize/344513095780d61c90c0f1f6134b631d157a65662365710.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Avns1s wrote: »
    Mod status now have we??? :rolleyes:
    FF... Wadda expect!

Delusions of grandeur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

kbannon wrote: »
    You are right though, Bertie hasn't got one good thing to his name and that includes a C2 cert!

Or an accountant's degree.

I noticed that he stated on the Dobson interview 'You know I'm an accountant' :rolleyes:!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I mean come on now, if you presided over

(1) an economic boom
    (2) created the GFA and
    (3) improved Irelands place in the world.

wouldn't you expect something? There are streets, parks and monuments around the country named after people nobody has ever heard of, or unimportant people, yet Bertie hasnt got one thing to his name. This has to change, and as a FF man i'm getting sick of it!!!

Good stuff, the rest of the country is getting sick of Fianna Fail men.

I say we dedicate a toilet in McDonald's on Grafton to him,even going so far as to weld a stainless steel carving of his mug to the bottom of the bowl, so every time i duck in for a Mc**** i can enjoy the irony of ****ting on a politician for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

No, just no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement