Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its time to honour Bertie

Options
  • 02-10-2010 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I mean come on now, if you presided over

(1) an economic boom
    (2) created the GFA and
    (3) improved Irelands place in the world.

wouldn't you expect something? There are streets, parks and monuments around the country named after people nobody has ever heard of, or unimportant people, yet Bertie hasnt got one thing to his name. This has to change, and as a FF man i'm getting sick of it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Ha Ha cant see too many taking the bait on this one !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I didnt know we had a comedy forum!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

johnny murphy ff is a pisstake on the usual sheep like follower of ff......he's having a laugh. you made me chuckle,well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

(1) an economic boom
    (2) created the GFA and

wouldn't you expect something? There are streets, parks and monuments around the country named after people nobody has ever heard of, or unimportant people, yet Bertie hasnt got one thing to his name. This has to change, and as a FF man i'm getting sick of it!!!

Sure hasn't he a few sterling he got on the horses.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Bertie Ahern Prison? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

and as a FF man i'm getting sick of it!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ,but you should emmigrate.

Fianna fail has also balls up the health service.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Johnny Murphy FF

Bertie Ahern Prison? :)

Right I can see were your coming from, Bertie done much for the justice system and for cleaning up crime around the place, so yes that might be an apt option.

Bertie Ahern Prison, a metaphor for Bertie putting the criminals in their place, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

how about a sports stadium, we could call it the bertie bowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Right I can see were your coming from, Bertie done much for the justice system and for cleaning up crime around the place, so yes that might be an apt option.

Bertie Ahern Prison, a metaphor for Bertie putting the criminals in their place, I like it.
    Eh, yeah that's what i meant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Lads, the ignore button is there for a reason.

• Advertisement

how about a sports stadium, we could call it the bertie bowl!

Another interesting suggestion, thank you people this thread is throwing up all sorts of interesting suggestions and posibilities. Much appreciated, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Yes that has got to change!

bigprod219.jpg
    The Teflon Taoiseach Frying Pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Bertie didnt create the boom of anything,except the boom sound of the country crashing around ears of the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭west101

did you see the clown bertie on the news of the world ad, hes really having a laugh at us now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEupW8oc87A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

west101 wrote: »
    hes really having a laugh at us now.

He has been with that paper for over a year now

Can we please stay on topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Bertie Ahern and Prison seem to go together.

I saw some grafitti once "prison is where big criminals put little criminals".

joolsveer wrote: »
    Bertie Ahern and Prison seem to go together.

Indeed, justice for the week and unprotected in putting away the street criminals. Too right jools, too right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

And you quote me?
    All I did was is state a fact. Leave the control to the mods or report my post.

Anyway, if they ever open the prison at Thornton Hall we have know what it can be renamed to

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

(1) an economic boom
    (2) created the GFA and

(1) no he didn't
    (2) no he didn't, he was one of many involved
    (3) yes, we are so highly respected now

You are right though, Bertie hasn't got one good thing to his name and that includes a C2 cert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Mod status now have we??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

(1) an economic boom
    (2) created the GFA and

not even a tax clearance certificate. now stop starting these pathetic threads. are you nicky byrne or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Passive aggressiveness can only last so long.

Just aswell we don't sell guns here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

The Raven. wrote: »
    Yes that has got to change!

bigprod219.jpg
    The Teflon Taoiseach Frying Pan.

I like this idea. While we mightn't be able to afford a building to name after him, we could bring out a Bertie household goods range. The Government could get involved and create a new household goods bubble for us all to invest in, so we can get the economy going again.

Here's the storage mattress - for keeping money under when you've won a few quid on the horses.

mattress.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Why are posters validating the OP. He is a lackey of one of the two major parties of the state intent on causing trouble. Ignore him, and he will go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Why are posters validating the OP ? He is a lackey of one of the two major parties of the state intent on causing trouble. Ignore him, and he will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

How about The First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence. Oh wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

"Freddy Starr Bertie Ate My Hamster Future!";)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

When Bertie put forward the "Bertie Bowl" I didn't realise the intention was to flush the country down it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

How about The First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence. Oh wait....

or the Bertie Award for Legendary Leadership in Securing Unending Prosperity?

or the BALLSUP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement