Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid public places in Europe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

alex73 wrote: »
    Hilarious!!!...
    Terrorism is never funny. Unless it's cartoon terrorism but that's a different story.
    There are many places in the states that nobody should go to... Gun crime far higher there.
    Gun kill one person. Bomb kill many. Me thinks people should throw daisies and glitter at each other.
    Europe for Gods sack is a large place...
    Yeah, America is pretty small.
    don't tell me they are organising a Terrorist attack in the dingle.

OK but when it all goes boom, don't come cryin' to me with half your boob blown off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Isnt it a pity they couldnt see terrorists attacks coming in their own country.

Maybe they should keep their noses out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

alex73 wrote: »
    Hilarious!!!... There are many places in the states that nobody should go to... Gun crime far higher there.

Europe for Gods sack is a large place... don't tell me they are organising a Terrorist attack in the dingle.

I'd love to hear a foreign news outlet attempting dingle an daingean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

They showed a map of Europe on Sky with Britain, Germany, France and Denmark singled out as the most likely for a Mumbai styled terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

brummytom wrote: »
    Can I go to Spar? :confused:

We've been warned of a possible attack tomorrow by the RIRA, targeting the Tory conference. It better happen

How did nobody notice that sentence? What a scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Bonito wrote: »
    Gun kill one person. Bomb kill many. Me thinks people should throw daisies and glitter at each other.
    not necessarily, I got a triple kill with akimbo MP5Ks the other night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

its probably the yanks gonna do the bombing .ie .. bologna train station...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Would you not report the post rather than call the poster a scum bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The UK Home Office has also issued a warning about travel to Europe, particularly France and Germany

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11462595

• Registered Users Posts: 81,681 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

orourkeda wrote: »
    Isnt it a pity they couldnt see terrorists attacks coming in their own country.

Maybe they should keep their noses out.
    Oh my yes, ignore intelligence information because of one glaring exception.

Perhaps you should keep your own nose out?

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The UK Home Office has also issued a warning about travel to Europe, particularly France and Germany

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11462595

I wonder if the inteligence is indicating an attempt to copy the Madrid train attacks, it would be the easiest type to carry out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I wonder if the inteligence is indicating an attempt to copy the Madrid train attacks, it would be the easiest type to carry out.
    Not if you go about it like the show bomber Richard Reed.

Seriously though does anyone believe this **** anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I think the intelligence specifically indicates it will be an attack of the type that was carried out in Mumbai. Attack a busy place with guns etc, and kill as many people as possible.

Kind of scary if this is a credible threat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Travellers warned of 'high threat' of terror attacks
    on 03/10/2010 17:00:25

http://http://news.eircom.net/breakingnews/18715856/?view=Standard

Howya boss,deres a lot o dem oul terrorissis about,careful dey dont blow up de oul caravan......

Why are they warning them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

On the level of scumbagginess, I'd put the Tories way ahead of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Overheal wrote: »
    Nah. This is not the same "Terror Alert" Administration. I don't think this white house would have issued this type of warning unless it were credible and noteworthy.

What benefit or added safety does an alert like this actually provide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

What benefit or added safety does an alert like this actually provide?

CYA for the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

You better get one of these then...

Is that Rafa Benitez??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

brummytom wrote: »
    On the level of scumbagginess, I'd put the Tories way ahead of me

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Do they know who will cause the so called "terrorist attacks"?
    I seen on a sky news banner earlier in the week that it was "Irish related terrorism" and thats why the threat level in the UK is in "Severe"
    Is it the IRA or the Taliban they're on about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

Hype or not who knows? But the way these nut jobs often work, correlating numbers seem to attract them. So I'd be watching a date like 10.10.10 for example. More likely to be bullsh1te hype though.

at 10:10 am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

have we struck oil in Ireland by any chance?,maybe an attack on american tourists in england by islamic "terrorists" will lead to an invasion of ireland after all the I.R.A hype? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is it wrong to be skeptical that 2 dead guys were terrorists? :confused:
    I sometimes wonder how many announcements are there just to justify their jobs

The were training at known terrorist camps, and you'd just say they were just "tourists".

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Do they know who will cause the so called "terrorist attacks"?
    I seen on a sky news banner earlier in the week that it was "Irish related terrorism" and thats why the threat level in the UK is in "Severe"
    Is it the IRA or the Taliban they're on about?

The threat from "dissidants" on the UK mainland was raised last week, the Tory party conference being a prime target.

The Taliban risk is for France & Germany.

old_aussie wrote: »
    The were training at known terrorist camps, and you'd just say they were just "tourists".

Adventure holiday. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Min wrote: »
    They showed a map of Europe on Sky with Britain, Germany, France and Denmark singled out as the most likely for a Mumbai styled terrorist attack.

Mumbai style attack - sounds like a drive-by carried out by a yummy mummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

The threat from "dissidants" on the UK mainland was raised last week, the Tory party conference being a prime target.

The Taliban risk is for France & Germany.

Aye. It's such a massive coincidence all these terror threats being risen with the budget for anti-terror organisations being announced in the next few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

The US government itself has been under a sustained economic terrorist attack since 2008. The major investment/commercial banks have looted the state and done more damage to the country than osama could ever dream of. Instead of doing anything to counter this they persist with the terrorist distraction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Stinicker wrote: »
    Islam the Religion of Peace. The Dutch and French have recently banned the Burka, no doubt it is in response to that. Europe is such a tolerant, liberal and pacifist region that if they are targeted I hope the EU collectively blows the Middle East to Atoms.

I hope not. I have some friends in the Middle East and they are lovely people and they have two small children.

Advertisement