Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of Joe the trucker "parking" outside Dail Gates!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

I say more of its like.
    He didnt ram the gates and its usual tabloid sensationalism to say he did.
    Of course the Irish will tut tut about the state of the country but sit on their holes when it comes to doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

dvpower wrote: »
    Oh for fúck sake.:mad:

He took a stand, in a big and demonstartive way that got huge attention and everyone thinking, and all he really did was bend a few pieces of metal and park illegaly. People get away with worse parking around here on a daily basis :P

Not like he blew anyone up, in fairness. Gave the Gardaí some "Dáil is under attack" training too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

When we look back on this in a few years time this mans actions will seem so minor and petty compared to what we will witness in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

sdonn wrote: »
    He took a stand, in a big and demonstartive way that got huge attention and everyone thinking, and all he really did was bend a few pieces of metal and park illegaly. People get away with worse parking around here on a daily basis :P

Not like he blew anyone up, in fairness. Gave the Gardaí some "Dáil is under attack" training too.

And this qualifies him as a 'hero'? Get real.

Why is he 'Joe the trucker'? I thought he was a property developer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

This would have been a complete disaster if the truck was full of explosives....:eek:
    Joe the Trucker was not alone here - the guy with the camera was part of this and mentioned that his own broke down and was in the docks and who was he talking to???

• Registered Users Posts: 81,907 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Joe the Plumber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On behalf of Sane Americans everywhere: I apologize for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

did someone say the driver was 250million euro in debt?

People call me a legend, but it doesn't make me an old Irish tale first told thousands of years ago and passed on by old storytellers.

YOU get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Joe the F**ker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I thought it was €3.5m.
    Why are you making stuff up?

I got the amount wrong, still doesn't change what I think of him.

Overheal wrote: »
    I think I'll let CNN have a go of this.
    Hi Overheal,

My name is
    and I’m a producer for CNN iReport. We received your Irish protesters iReport and wanted to ask you some questions about them. Please either give me a call at ########### or respond to the following questions:

1. What is your name? How is it pronounced?

2. Please tell me when and where these images were taken.

3. Did you take the images yourself? What kind of camera did you use?

4. Do we have your permission to use the images on CNN (television and online)?

5. What inspired you to send in this iReport?

6. Please describe what is going on in the video. What can you tell me about what you saw?

7. Were you participating in the protest or just observing? How did you get access to this scene?

8. What was your reaction to what you saw? How has the atmosphere been in Ireland recently and since you’ve lived there?

9. Where do you live?

10. How old are you?

11. What do you do for a living?

12. What’s a good phone number to reach you at? What’s your Skype name?

13. Anything else you’d like to add?

Thanks,

CNN.com and iReport producer

Well that was fast. Now how do I get them in touch with the person who actually recorded this video? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Is this a parody post?
    Now Anglo are to be responsible for the running the business' of every person they sell a loan to.:rolleyes:

Much as i hate what his occupation is, he took a stand and i commend him. (note: not all property developers are bad!)

Did you see anyone else protest which took headline news?

sdonn wrote: »
    People call me a legend, but it doesn't make me an old Irish tale first told thousands of years ago and passed on by old storytellers.

YOU get real.
    I could think of more appropriate monikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Fair play to him. This country needs more. Possibly we should get a fleet of cement trucks and blockade there completely?

The country needs more what? Developers? Thought they were part of the problem:confused:

Maybe the country needs more peopel defaulting on huge loans? No way the banks would need more money then.

Yes, this man will save the country yet:rolleyes:

gurramok wrote: »
    Much as i hate what his occupation is, he took a stand and i commend him. (note: not all property developers are bad!)

Did you see anyone else protest which took headline news?
    Exactly what stand did he take?
    Was it a stand against the government bailout of Anglo or a stand against Anglo perusing him for money owed?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Took a stand against what? The "evil " bank that funded the deals he wanted to make so he could make his millions?

If whatever he had done had worked and he was a multi millionaire off the bank off the money Anglo lent him, would he still be protesting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Stekelly wrote: »
    Took a stand against what? The "evil " bank that funded the deals he wanted to make so he could make his millions?

If whatever he had done had worked and he was a multi millionaire off the bank off the money Anglo lent him, would he still be protesting?

Yes the evil bank, don't ye get it? And no, he wouldn't have been protesting if he made millions.

Stekelly wrote: »

Would he fúck. He'd be too busy buying an adjacent field and he'd be back down to Anglo looking for more money to develop it.
    He'd be looking at that old cement truck, but he'd be seeing a helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well that was fast. Now how do I get them in touch with the person who actually recorded this video? :eek:

Hey, you contacted them.

Tell them the backstory and where the video originated on youtube.

I'm sure they know the circumstances already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Already trolled that.
    I'm still waiting for my free cement truck man.
    Lux23 wrote: »
    So this guy is upset because he owes Anglo Irish Bank €250m because of some stupid property venture that went tits up? I don't understand why people support him and his protests, he is part of the circle of people who did the worst damage during the boom years. F*** him and his c***ing cement truck, there are people in debtors prison for owning amounts as little as €240 and he is swanning around in a cement truck. Total knob.
    The government sat back and watched this happen.
    He made a stand.

In 1916 Pearse, Plunkett et al were slammed for their actions. History shows them as the heroes they are now. DeValera played the American card. That's the only reason he lived long enough to found FF.
    The same FF who sat back and watched their friends and backers run this country into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Video was removed. Anyone smart enough to make a copy?

blubloblu wrote: »
    Video was removed. Anyone smart enough to make a copy?
    I have it. I spooked the youtuber when I contacted him about CNN asking for broadcast rights. Sorries! Trying to sort this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Cool, I'd have mirrored it, but I genuinely thought he'd leave it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Terry wrote: »
    The government sat back and watched this happen.
    So because this asshat decided to part his truck in front of Leinster House to make a "stand" we should forget the fact that he was part of the problem in the first place?

At what level should these individuals be able to abdicate responsibility? It's not like the developments he was involved in were going to somehow benefit anyone but himself but now that it went tits up he's blaming everyone but himself. The government are not to blame for his situation, he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

Even though greed was Joes downfall i have to admire the man for making a stand against the whole unfairness of it all.
    The banks acted incompetently and get bailed out but the small developers get hounded.

The worst thing is the people who had no part in the madness have to foot the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I have it. I spooked the youtuber when I contacted him about CNN asking for broadcast rights. Sorries! Trying to sort this out.
    in your bat-cave?

That would be nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

baldbear wrote: »
    Even though greed was Joes downfall i have to admire the man for making a stand against the whole unfairness of it all.
    The banks acted incompetently and get bailed out but the small developers get hounded.

The worst thing is the people who had no part in the madness have to foot the bill.
    The highlighted sentence typifies the lunacy of some of the comments on here over the last while...

The banks are being bailed out due to reckless lending.
    The lending was able to take place due to poor financial regulation.
    There was poor financial regulation because the government didn't act responsibly.

But who do you think actually went looking for the money?
    Who looked at the market and said "**** yea, I want a piece of this action. I'll be able to make a huge profit!"?
    Who didn't give a **** who they were ripping off as long as they made money themselves?
    Yea, that's right. People like Joe the Trucker, our national hero who's now only pissed off because his property venture backfired and he's in the **** for around €2.5m. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

http://www.wsm.ie/c/cement-truck-dail-video

copy there embedded to youtube but still up.

Advertisement