Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of Joe the trucker "parking" outside Dail Gates!

Options
  • 02-10-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

As you can see from the footage he slowly pulled up to the gates. He didnt ram them nor did any Garda dive out of the way!!

Actually quite a peaceful protest!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Listen to the commentary @ 2.28 - 2.30. - ''He drove straight through the gates.''

No he fcuking didn't you twit! Aren't you recording the damn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

What a plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

flynnlives wrote: »
    As you can see from the footage he slowly pulled up to the gates. He didnt ram them nor did any Garda dive out of the way!!

Actually quite a peaceful protest!!

Well done that man. Textbook peaceful protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

What a plonker.

The driver or the guy with the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Wont someone please think of the childern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Fionnan Sheehan can shove his talk of cops diving for safety up his FF backside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Fair play to the garda though. There was cars coming out of the woodwork within a minute.

In this country I would expect them all to be in SPAR getting their breakfast rolls or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

And you pay your licence fee for the govenment propaganda.

"garda jumped out of the way"....... me hole.

As for Fionnan Sheahan.....

Fair play to him. This country needs more. Possibly we should get a fleet of cement trucks and blockade there completely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,910 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think I'll let CNN have a go of this.

Overheal wrote: »

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Fionnan Sheehan can shove his talk of cops diving for safety up his FF backside.

Exactly, Fionnan was getting shirty with david mcwilliams on vincent brown saying that he drove straight at a guard..... such nonsense i didn't see any guards there at all.

Fianna F. Sheehan is his full title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

So this guy is upset because he owes Anglo Irish Bank €250m because of some stupid property venture that went tits up? I don't understand why people support him and his protests, he is part of the circle of people who did the worst damage during the boom years. F*** him and his c***ing cement truck, there are people in debtors prison for owning amounts as little as €240 and he is swanning around in a cement truck. Total knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Overheal wrote: »

Don't give it to Fox, it will become our 911

What does this make Fionnan Sheehan?

All together now..

Lux23 wrote: »
    So this guy is upset because he owes Anglo Irish Bank €250m because of some stupid property venture that went tits up? I don't understand why people support him and his protests, he is part of the circle of people who did the worst damage during the boom years. F*** him and his c***ing cement truck, there are people in debtors prison for owning amounts as little as €240 and he is swanning around in a cement truck. Total knob.

Here we go again ............
    That "to and fro" was done to death in the old thread.
    Forget was he right or wrong.
    Now it's all about were the reports that came out right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

mikom wrote: »

Sorry but I didn't post in the old thread.

Sorry but I didn't post in the old thread.

Knock yourself out..... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056046241

mikom wrote: »

Well said , I still think his actions were hypocritical but I sure as well would agree that it was a peaceful process and I hope a copy of this is heading to his solicitor right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭google faps

Fionann Sheehan is a clueless asshat.
    I always knew he was clueless but didn't realise how much of an asshat he was until I saw that Vincent Browne show during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭google faps

changes wrote: »

Fianna F. Sheehan is his full title :D
    Pretty sure he's a blueshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

So apart from parking badly what exactly did he do wrong?

Perfectly peaceful and appropriate protest, more of the same please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Listen, i'm a regular poster opposing 'developers'. This guy did right as he was fooled by Anglo that his returns from his investment were ahem returnable.

We're all in this together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Firstly, he owes more like 2.5m, according to newspaper reports.

Secondly, I don't care a jot about him personally, although I wouldn't consider a Hino luxury transport even given the hours a bloke driving one on the never never has to work to pay for the thing.

Thirdly, he made a protest which captures the mood of many people, and his own circumstances have nothing to do with that. Actually I admire him for making a stand, the one mistake he made was making contact with the gate and leaving himself open to a charge of criminal damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I thought it was €3.5m.
    Why are you making stuff up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm reassured by this. All politics aside, I never thought there was much security round our goverment buildings. I know pearse street is close by but to have 10-15 Guards and a dog etc there within 3 minutes means the Gardai, at least, are doing something right.

Yer man's still a hero though. If he had rammed them properly, or hurt anyone, it'd be a different matter though.

gurramok wrote: »
    Listen, i'm a regular poster opposing 'developers'. This guy did right as he was fooled by Anglo that his returns from his investment were ahem returnable.

We're all in this together.

Is this a parody post?
    Now Anglo are to be responsible for the running the business' of every person they sell a loan to.:rolleyes:

sdonn wrote: »
    I'm reassured by this. All politics aside, I never thought there was much security round our goverment buildings. I know pearse street is close by but to have 10-15 Guards and a dog etc there within 3 minutes means the Gardai, at least, are doing something right.

Pity we all can't live in the Dail.

• Advertisement

sdonn wrote: »
    Yer man's still a hero though.
    Oh for fúck sake.:mad:

Advertisement