Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on a night out...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Karpackie (or however you spell it) if I'm pre-drinking, then once I get to the pub my usual is Smithwicks, sometimes with a pint or two of Guinness. But if it's a long night I will generally move onto something less heavy after a few pints, like Bud or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Start off with a splash of hennessey,
    move on to a vodka and red bull,
    Buy the most novel and foreign beer they have,
    Another hennessey,
    Drunkenly try to chat the bar girl up while forcing her to put two strange
    liquor's into the shot glass for the price of one,
    Someone offers to do a tequila - when in Rome, or Mexico :D
    Hopefully that drink that tastes like frosties!

*scene missing*

end up walking home having no money even though you had money saved
    for a shared taxi...

The end.

Tonight though, and for the near future, we study and avoid blurry nights
    unless gigs come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pints only.
    Christ, this thread is depressing.

3 or 4 bottles of Heiniken/Bud and then a taxi home.

Thought your Da could have sent down a celestial chariot for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Girlie/gay vodka and diet Coke for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Bout 6 pints of carlsberg then onto JD until im asked to leave/run out of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sometimes I drink wine and on a long night I could end up drinking about two bottles!! If I am drinking beer I will have heineken or guinness, generally I drink pints in a pub and have bottles in a club. If I watching my diet I will have vodka and slimline tonics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Lux23 wrote: »
    Sometimes I drink wine and on a long night I could end up drinking about two bottles!! If I am drinking beer I will have heineken or guinness, generally I drink pints in a pub and have bottles in a club. If I watching my diet I will have vodka and slimline tonics.

Oh god no wine is a big no no for me, I've tried a lot of it just to please ppl and it still tastes like I'm just gettin a bottle of vinegar from the chipper on the way home an shoving it in my mouth, its mankey stuff, guinness I'm not a big fan of, tried it a few times, ended up back on bulmers,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

4/6 cans of Druids cider and then half a litre of (tesco) vodka or Captain Morgans! Then if that's not enough to take me to my happy place I'll but whatever the cheapest shots in the club are! On my rich days though I'll drink Kopparberg because it's UNREAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Gimme the following..

Cider, Vodka and redbull, Southern comfort and red, Sambuca, Sex on the beach cocktails..more sambuca and another cider.

In about that order.
    That's amazing.

Yeah I'm male, leave me be!

ah see that cheap cider stuff, druids, can't drink that, or dutch, any of the cheap stuff makes me wanna puke just to think about it, never mind drink it, the other stuff students love, buckfast how anyone can go near that is beyond me mankey stuff all together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Before heading out 2-3 cans of Karpakie... while out and poor 2-4 pints of Bavaria/Fosters. If out and rich...2-4 Erdinger or 2-4 double Captain Morgans with coke or if rich and feeling bold... 2-3 double Vodka and Redbull and 1 or 2 Jagers or Zambuccas maybe. Really depends on my mood I guess. They're the only drinks my stomach can handle and don't make me climb the walls.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Whatever beer I'm in the mood for - usually Erdinger, Paulaner or Budvar. Rarely manage more than 5, my tolerance is still ridiculously low. If I'm trying to avoid or lessen a hangover I'll alternate pints of beer and pints of water, which works but has the unfortunate side-effect of making me pee way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Balfie wrote: »
    buckfast how anyone can go near that is beyond me mankey stuff all together

<3 +1 for drinking games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭YouTalkinToMe

use to drink 7 nights a week up until last year,never got a hangover until i started only drinking at weekends,when my saturday free comes along ill drink a bottle of vodka before i go out then drink another 1 in the pub throughout the night along with a few brandys ans a powers whiskey.

use to drink 7 nights a week up until last year,never got a hangover until i started only drinking at weekends,when my saturday free comes along ill drink a bottle of vodka before i go out then drink another 1 in the pub throughout the night along with a few brandys ans a powers whiskey.

WOW just wow, ur liver must be in rag order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

All depends on my mood and who im with, if everyone is drinking pints then ill have 3/4 Carlsberg followed by a couple southern comfort and white (im a nordie so soco and red just isnt right).

most times tho i just start in on the soco and white and dont stop till ive either no money or asked to leave

innovated wrote: »
    (im a nordie so soco and red just isnt right).

The only way to go is wit red my friend, :) white lemonade just doesn't work wit whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

If I've to get up the next day, I'd probably have 6-8 pints tops. If I'm set to get absolutely hammered, maybe 6 bottles of strong imported beer and a half bottle of rum. And the odd assorted shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭spunk_monkey

I usaully drink 3 pints of beer. Maybe 4. Anything else is seriously bad for the health and makes you fat.

Going by your user name, I will take your word for it.

8-12 pints guinness for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Coke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

You don't drink coke you snort it.

I would have 6 bottles or 5 cans at home and about 3 or 4 pints in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

poisonated wrote: »
    You don't drink coke you snort it.

The icecubes kept getting stuck in my nose so I stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

You'll find when you get to a certain age, when you even just go into a pub for a piss, you'll get a hangover...:D

Had couple glass of red wine and 4 pints of Guinness last night....Not in great shape this morning....Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

A bottle of rum before the club, then whatever i can steal once im inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

jugger0 wrote: »
    A bottle of rum before the club, then whatever i can steal once im inside.

You. You and your ilk, I despise you. That's just plain ****ing horrible.

If you can't afford to drink when you're out, don't. I don't give a **** if you drink shedloads before you go out, do what you wish. Would you get pissed off if I walked up to you in, I'm guessing Supermac's, and stole the chicken right out of your schnack box? Course you would.

So why do it to other people.

I'm risking a ban/infraction, but you sir, you are an unpleasant person. Or a ****. Whichever offends you more.

Mod note: Poster banned for this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Ehhh, whatever I fancy and is cheap before I head out and then usually smithwicks in town, occassionally some vodka & white/red. I'm not gonna go into amounts as I don't want to be slated for being an alco. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

You. You and your ilk, I despise you. That's just plain ****ing horrible.

If you can't afford to drink when you're out, don't. I don't give a **** if you drink shedloads before you go out, do what you wish. Would you get pissed off if I walked up to you in, I'm guessing Supermac's, and stole the chicken right out of your schnack box? Course you would.

So why do it to other people.

I'm risking a ban/infraction, but you sir, you are an unpleasant person. Or a ****. Whichever offends you more.

Mod note: Poster banned for this post.

ha wow, i was actually joking about the stealing thing (a bottle of rum is enough for me), i rarely drink, maybe once a month. And never steal (waiting to become a garda) so eh calm down?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I tend to mix my drinks, I actually get drunker quicker and I get a worse hangover if I keep drinking the same drink all the time when I am out, don't know why thats the case you think it be the other way around when mixing my drinks!

The only thing I do do, I stick with wine drinks for the night, might have different ones like westcoast cooler and wine or something and vary the flavours, drink red and white not just stick with one or two types.

If I am drinking fizzy type drinks like alcopops i stick with them for the night wouldn't drink wine or bailies with them.

If drinking vodka or rum drinks tend to stick with drinking one or the other for the night.

Then again I could drink cocktail drinks and drink different types no bother!! I be grand the next day!

I find drinking bulmers I have to be careful what else I drink with it, I'd avoid wine, I'd stick with the fizzy type alcopops alright.

I'm not one for shots but if I do drink one I go with one that isn't too different to the other concotion of drinks that night.

Bailies is probably the only drink I'd stick with for most of the night, might have different drink but not too strong if I have been drinking bailies too.

When I am out it depends how I am, the crowd I am with, what kind of night it is, what occassion it is and how much I would like to spend, what drinks and how many I want, and so on. I am disciplined and know when to stop when I have enough. I just enjoy a drink for the buzz and get a little tipsey not necessarily to get hammered so easily a little drunk is ok once I can sober up fairly quickly I am grand!

I sometimes might only have a few drinks like 1-3 drinks. Other times it could be anything between 4-7 drinks maximum, I can't drink more than that on any given time that I am out! If thats the case, I'd try to drink plently water on the night!

Might have a tipple at a friends house, then head out to a pub and or late bar. (Haven't been to a nightclub in years) Head to the chipper, home and then bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I like to drink whiskeys in general with some mixer.
    Main reason being ; I don't get any hangover from them.
    Now if I was to drink 5 or more pints in 2/3 hours I can be pretty confident that I'll have a big headache in the morning with an upset stomach.
    At a 21st last saturday and got there late with a friend ~11pm in a pub. Had to do some catching up with the mates and ended up having 12+ jamesons and 7 up from a large mixer bottle. Was lovely and didn't make me drousy in the slightest! Clear head next morning too!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

It depends really. If I'm having a fairly quiet night out I'll usually have 2-6 pints of Bavaria/other cheap and cheerful beer or the same amount of rum and lemonade if I can afford them.

On a mad night out I'd start off with a naggin of rum or vodka or a bottle of wine and then have a double vodka red bull or two if I'm in a club or move onto the Bavaria or rum and lemonade if I'm in a pub, sometimes with a shot of Jager thrown in.

Advertisement