Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on a night out...

Options
  • 02-10-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

what would ya drink on a typical night out? Start wit a few pints and then go onto the spirits? Or would ya just have a few pints? Me myself, I drink a large bottle of bulmers, used to drink budweiser but the hangover were killer, if I'm in a club or somethin I'd go onto jagerbombs but that's not very often, wouldn't drink any other spirits, what's your opinion?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Balfie wrote: »
    what would ya drink on a typical night out? Start wit a few pints and then go onto the spirits? Or would ya just have a few pints? Me myself, I drink a large bottle of bulmers, used to drink budweiser but the hangover were killer, if I'm in a club or somethin I'd go onto jagerbombs but that's not very often, wouldn't drink any other spirits, what's your opinion?

You've had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I try and stick to the ol' Murphys.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Ever hear of crouching tiger hidden nagan.....will save you alot of money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd go onto jagerbombs but that's not very often, wouldn't drink any other spirits, what's your opinion?

Never again!

Always ends badly for me when I do them in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Depends on if i'm on a big night out,and how much money i have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Never again!

Always ends badly for me when I do them in Ireland.

It's a good thing we got those witnesses to roll over before it went to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

carpark round the back of the pub...park up,armed with a bottle of captain morgan from the north,a pint glass from home and some cheep cola.refill during the night until all is gone and if im not well pished by then some more captain wherever is cheepest.

P.S im from cavan incase you havent noticed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

cup of tea wrote: »

Haha I've actually never done that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Heineken. All night usually. If I fill up I'd have a drop or two of Powers or Hennessy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

I usaully drink 3 pints of beer. Maybe 4. Anything else is seriously bad for the health and makes you fat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Depends on the pub and the company. Sometimes its nothing but Guinness. Other times it's whatever lager my mates having (just for ease when ordering...I'm not too picky) followed by jd, or southern comfort. And if it's a big get together night out it'll usually involve a load of shots too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

5/6 pints followed by 5/6 bottles of miller when with the lads. Out with herself 5/6 pints will do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

In a pub - cider. Preferably Kopparberg or Rekorderlig if they have it, but Bulmers will do.
    In a club - used get Vodka & Red Bull all the time but it's expensive. So I now stick with cider. Occasionally do jaegarbombs, and if doing shots I'd go for tequila.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

cup of tea wrote: »
    Used to do that all the time - it's genius. Might start again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

5 pints of Guinness
    then as much Rum n coke as I can stomach before the sickness hits

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

water
    maybe a cocktail or two
    diet coke

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3/4 Guinness
    3/4 beers
    4/5 bourbon and cokes
    shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ishvalian

Will normally drink 1 or 2 pints to get a little tipsy and then switch to bottles so i can pace myself and not end up completly mouldy. I don't tend to mix well with shorts or shots so i generally stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Generally anything that is less than a fiver..i.e worst vodka possible and blackcurrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

One Appletini :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

pints of heineken and then, vodka red bull or vodka and smirnoff ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

couple of pitchers of beer (murrays, staropranen or coors) then its onto the shots, normally goldschlager and/or jager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

wuddnt be able t drink water all night meself in a pub, Wud have t get a bitta blackcurrent in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Pints of Heineken all night, its great! I dont get pissed until i walk outside and hit the fresh air and the its game over.....;)

I won a free drink 2 weeks ago in the pub and they gave me fat frogs, remenber them fcukers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Depends who I am with, and where I am.

Normally though, 3 pints of Heineken or a couple of bottles of either Heineken or Corona.

Followed by spirits of some sort. Could be Vodka & Red Bull, Vodka and 7 up, Vodka Coke, Whiskey & Coke, Whiskey & Red Bull, Rum & Coke, Rum & 7 up, or Rum (Morgans) and Club Orange.

There could be some shots of some sort involved then. Recently got into tequila. Used to make be boke at the smell of it, but now, yum yum. Or Baby Guinness. Or Squashed Frogs. Or Jagerbombs. Or if I'm ****ing with someone, Flatliners. I can drink a shot, from the table, to my mouth, swallowed and and glass back on the table quicker than anyone I know.

Then it will be a can of Coke on the way home.

I'm not that fussy on my beer though, as long as its not Miller or Coors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

wuddnt be able t drink water all night meself in a pub, Wud have t get a bitta blackcurrent in it :)

I only get water when I'm thirsty, don't drink anything else sure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Generally its a shoulder of vodka and a few shots before the pub, 3 or 4 bulmers in the pub, and it depends on how drunk/rich i am at that stage, but possibly jagerbombs and/or shots in the club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Christ, this thread is depressing.

3 or 4 bottles of Heiniken/Bud and then a taxi home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

6 dutch before going out and then spend the rest of me money on smithwicks or stout

Advertisement