Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could relive one year of your life.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Id go back to my first year in collage when I was single and $hag about. I was too much off a prude when I was single....27 and 2 guys=looser! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    Id go back to my first year in collage when I was single and $hag about. I was too much off a prude when I was single....27 and 2 guys=looser! :(

Not that loose really.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Last year was great. Made loads of new friends and everything went smoothly. All gone pear shaped now though. :(

2006 was probably the best year of my life, I'd give anything to go back to March of that year in particular. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MultiUmm wrote: »
    Last year was great. Made loads of new friends and everything went smoothly. All gone pear shaped now though. :(
    Aw... hope it works out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Dudess wrote: »
    Aw... hope it works out. :(

Ah it'll be grand in the long run, things will work out one way or the other. :)

Plenty of good times left to have in the future with old friends and new ones! :D Thanks for your concern though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

19 to 21.5 best years of my life. Cant pick an exact one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

It'd have to be 2006. All us lads from school had ended up in DCU. I can still remember the excitement of getting the text "pre drinking, anyone?", knowing epic banter and mayhem was about to erupt.

Now everyone is working, or planning on moving abroad. Where did we go wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

discus wrote: »
    It'd have to be 2006. All us lads from school had ended up in DCU. I can still remember the excitement of getting the text "pre drinking, anyone?", knowing epic banter and mayhem was about to erupt.

Now everyone is working, or planning on moving abroad. Where did we go wrong :(
    Sadly we became adults.
    Love that feeling you get when you turn on the radio and a song comes on that transports you to a time and place when you were really happy.

^ I get you on the song thing. Everytime I hear "Believe me Natalie" by The Killers I get thrown back to a night train I took to Hungary once when interrailing. Hearphones in, lights off in the cabin, watching hundreds of miles of countryside pass me. I left no trace or impression on that landscape, I can't understand why it did so to me.

God this thread is making me emotional. Better man up and cook a steak or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

20,met someone,got scared/made a balls of things
    she got married there in June and I've never met a woman like her since

• Advertisement

What would you change? Meeting her in the first place, or stop yourself from ballsing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

discus wrote: »
    What would you change? Meeting her in the first place, or stop yourself from ballsing up?

no way it was an amazing time,im glad I met her but I was way too young and foolish to realise it at the time,that it was real
    I tried to convince myself that it was just me being a muppet and that i didn't know enough to see what it was,
    but nine years on and nothings changed

so if I could go back I wouldn't doubt myself for a second

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'd do TY again. had a great year in school, had a great circle of mates and loved every day, then went to the Seychelles with 2 of those mates for a month in the summer :) happy times!

but it has to be said, college is working out pretty cool so far :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Probably when i was 22. so that would be 2006/2007. Awesome year.
    Living with mates in Kilkenny city, earning heaps of money, spending it all at the weekends, playing lots of gigs, recored an album, travelled the west coast of Australia, met my fiance.

Yeah pretty damn good year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dudess wrote: »
    Can't narrow it down to just one year. 2001 to 2005 was pretty rockin'.

Same here, but I'd go 2000 to 2001.

Brilliant years, I really lived it up. Made some great friends, made lots of money. Travelled to some great places.. Then 2006 came and I made some monumental fvck ups and that was that & here I am now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

2007, probably the happiest year of my life (hopefully it will be topped or I'm screwed). It all went to hell in 2008 so that 1 year was near perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hmmm, 17 perhaps so May 2002-2003. Leaving cert year, tonnes of house parties, lots of very hot 16/17 year old girls, working, so lots of cash for that age and my moped! What more would I need.

That or 2005 I went travelling on my own for 5 weeks, if I could keep that 5 weeks going for a year it would be that year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

bluewolf wrote: »
    Maybe when I was 16-17... 2nd-3rd year uni, no stress of finals and having fun.
    Honestly though there isn't a particular year I would like to go back to, I like things as they are

Doogie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I think it might have to be this year for me, 2010, just out of college with a 1.1, just turned 23 a few days ago, holding onto a good job to fund me for Egypt in a month and then Hawaii next summer, applied for h dip in education for next year, the summer was great tag rugby in the sun, london, weddings, Puck Fair, weekends to Galway and Dublin. The rest of the year is looking really good as well, I have money to do things and buy things Ive always wanted to get

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

Humm cant decide its either

6th year - Getting into club by showing my passport which clearly showed that I was 17. Always playing football inside and outside of school. Having great craic with my class mates and teachers (tho this was only at the end of the year) feeling like I owned the school because I was in my last year.

1st year - First time living away from home, not a care in the world about exams, going out nearly 3 times a week. Meeting loads of new people. Making the college football team and playing for the freshers and seniors. Skipping lectures left right and centre. Girls! :D Going off on holidays then to return home to a job that I didnt even have apply/do an interview for like the rest of my co-workers did.

2nd Year - Living in a right dive of a house with two of my good friends in an estate filled with students. Having mental parties in the house because we just didnt give a fúck about the house or our neighbours. Playing ball, knowing lots of people around campus having great craic most nights I went out. Sitting at the back at some of my lectures and just looking at the girls around me. Getting 100% in assignments even though I didnt have a clue what the hell was going on. Meeting this one girl who I still haven't really gotten over.

Worst year was definitely 4th year *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I suppose I'd either go back to when I was in my first year of secondary school or the year I did the leaving cert. I'd like to change a lot of things if I could go back to one of those years.

For a fun year to go back in would be one of my years in college!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Doogie?

What's a doogie?
    Oh, this? "Doogie Howser, M.D. is an American television comedy-drama starring Neil Patrick Harris as a 16-year old doctor"
    lol not quite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

2006, found a substantial stash of veterinary grade etorphine, can't remember the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

I'd go back to 2007 when I was 20, had a great job, great group of friends, nothing better to do with my money other than buy clothes and drink, and was generally very happy.
    This year has been the worst one yet, one thing after another. Nearly over now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

probably when I was 17... aside from the obvious worry of the LC, the times I had drinking/hanging around with friends were great. Plus the excitement of going off to college . Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Oh god, just one year? Well I'd relive my 19th year and change the hell outta it, so many **** years followed on from that year of making bad decisions. Although saying that once the **** years were over (19 to 24), the years since have been awesome. Hmmmm not sure if I would change them at all tbh, the **** years really make me appreciate the good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

definitely 98.

great group of male and female friends hanging out together when i was 19. we partied every single weekend and chilled out smoking joints and playing the playstation during the week. we discovered E about easter and it became our 'summer of love'...my job was night porter in a hotel where i basically spent the 3 nights a week i was working bringing my mates around to booze and cook food in the kitchen. i played in a band that gigged quite a bit too which was fun.

i have extremely fond memories of that year

Advertisement