Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has AH "jumped the shark"

Options
  • 02-10-2010 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭

I used to log on here and get a good laugh at some of the brilliant threads and witty responses.
    Now it's all ireland in crisis, romas, beggars, chuggers, unemployed, "insert rubbish daily news story"

I can only read the legendary threads so many times.

It's time for AH to work harder, to put up new threads of epic proportion.

It's time for Pighead, Feeky McGee, Flutt, Terry, Snyper etc to step up to the plate and bring AH to the top of the pile again.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

No u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

mfceiling wrote: »
    I used to log on here and get a good laugh at some of the brilliant threads and witty responses.
    Now it's all ireland in crisis, romas, beggars, chuggers, unemployed, "insert rubbish daily news story"

It's time for Pighead, Feeky McGee, Flutt, Terry, Snyper etc to step up to the plate and bring AH to the top of the pile again.

Why do people continue to use this word?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

/facepalm

Don't encourage the Flutt to bring AH to the top of the 'pile', you know what you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

With the exception of the recession which is new AH has been cycling through the same topic threads for years.

This one included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I was banned for a week and didn't miss it. A week without horrible puns is a fantastic treat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

AH has always been shitty. Its shittiness being a part of its shitty charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Wow.

I'm walking on sunshine.

And I'm tryin' to feel good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

AH has always been shitty. Its shittiness being a part of its shitty charm.

Something the flutt will atest to........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

HEADLINES...
    Atari Jaguar: The Second Coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why do some people constantly bitch how bad AH is compared to the 'olden days'

It's easily the best forum, it makes me laugh a lot. mfceiling I've seen this thread a hundred times and I'm bored of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

AH and boards for that matter is always changing. In 2010 it's nothing like the old days of 2008. In 08 it was nothing like the old days of 06. In 06 it was nothing like the old days of 04.
    You see where I'm going with this, I don't want to go as far back as the 90s.

Put up or shut up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

One of these threads comes up every month or two for as long as I remember on boards, fact is AH has always been this way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Worse than unemployed students they are..and as for asylum seekers...dont get me started on asylum seeking taxi drivers from nigeria who are only here to ruin the economy.
    Much like students and the left wing crusties who encourage them.
    A slow death is too good for them.Bunch of peadophiiles..just like Bono..he should go and live in africa with Tim Allen and Gerry Ryan..i'm sick of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Threads like this make it crap!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

One of these threads comes up every month or two for as long as I remember on boards, fact is AH has always been this way.
    Famous quote:
    "The more it changes, the more it stays the same."

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's just getting busier, a lot busier, therefore you are missing the quality threads by looking at the crappy threads, it's easier to do when there's a lot more threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Degsy wrote: »
    Worse than unemployed students they are..and as for asylum seekers...dont get me started on asylum seeking taxi drivers from nigeria who are only here to ruin the economy.
    Much like students and the left wing crusties who encourage them.
    A slow death is too good for them.Bunch of peadophiiles..just like Bono..he should go and live in africa with Tim Allen and Gerry Ryan..i'm sick of them all.

I like this. Everyone should post their own typical post:

*Glib and unfunny remark*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AH is the sum of its users, including you.

If it's gone downhill, get posting worthwhile stuff yourself instead of abdicating responsibility to your heroes.

Stovelid is right.

The torch of awesomeness has been passed on to you.

It's up to you to keep it awesome.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think we need to ban everyone who starts threads on the economy.

• Advertisement

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ah typical Irish attitude, why don't you get off your ho1e and make an effort yourself? You raised the issue, so help solve it then.

stovelid wrote: »
    *cough*
    I'm far too sober for that modding malarkey now. Gimme an hour or two.

Be sure to let me know when the new era of the one-trick pony is being ushered in so I can take a holiday.

Amen to that. It's starting to look like those "start a bank run" threads have been replaced with "start a violent government change" ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ah typical Irish attitude, why don't you get off your ho1e and make an effort yourself? You raised the issue, so help solve it then.

And what can i do.......i'm just one person. Name me one person who made a difference. Can somebody else not do it for me.
    It's time for me to shirk my responsibilities and let other people do it for me.
    What sort of a country would we live in if we did everything for ourselves........

stovelid wrote: »
    Be sure to let me know when the new era of the one-trick pony is being ushered in so I can take a holiday.

Paul Simon has indeed better albums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Paul Simon has indeed better albums.

Isnt he the bloke with a head like a marble?
    ..I hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

/b/ was never good

How about you make a good thread OP?

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I was banned for a week and didn't miss it. A week without horrible puns is a fantastic treat.

... And yet you came back?

Advertisement