Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How difficult would it be to take over the country ?

Options
2»

Comments

Some of us would kill the invader scum or die trying.

(Damnit, promised myself I wouldn't be riled)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Thats prats

Anyway, I guess the apethetic response of the people to the economic crisis would suggest that not only would an invader face little resistance from our military, but that the Irish people wouldnt give a **** either

You don't actually believe this and you're clearly trying to get a rise out of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

I think the real question is "How difficult would it be to take BACK the country?"

The country has already been taken from us by Fianna Fail. We've lost control of the government COMPLETELY now. They're calling the shots. When we voted against the Lisbon Treaty we we're practically frog marched into the voting booths to vote again "and get it right this time!". We shouldn't have taken that. I think that was when we showed we'd forgotten how this country was formed. I'm ashamed that I did nothing more than grumble and moan about that. We all did. We all need to read a history book and get back that pride which the government has stolen from us over the years. We've gone from the tiny nation that defied a country much larger than us to a country who can't bother to protest when our democratic rights are blatantly abused. No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

...The country has already been taken from us by Fianna Fail....

No it hasn't.

We elected them in.

Come the next election we will vote them out.

Have patience, and don't make me kill you & others who follow you.

No it hasn't.

We elected them in.

Come the next election we will vote them out.

Have patience, and don't make me kill you & others who follow you.

I've never voted for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

I've never voted for them.

Yes you did.

Apparently, if you were in Ireland during the good times, you:
    Voted in FF.
    Spent too much money.
    Made wildly speculative investments that failed.
    Are responsible for the economic collapse.
    Paid no tax.
    Didn't work hard enough, and if you did, were paid too much.

That appears to be the prevailing view of us on here anyway. Oh yeah, you also voted in the greens, even if you didnt....

Now shut up and take your medicine...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I reckon if anyone did invade now they'd be welcomed with open arms as liberators from the Fianna Fail regime of economic treason. I'd join in with the Martians or French, I'd let the martians take Bertie Ahern for a special anal probe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Stinicker wrote: »
    I reckon if anyone did invade now they'd be welcomed with open arms as liberators from the Fianna Fail regime of economic treason. I'd join in with the Martians or French, I'd let the martians take Bertie Ahern for a special anal probe.

They'd have to shove the probe in via Cowen...he was Berties a55h.le for a fair while.

That a picture of your breakfast Stovelid? Looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

How much resistance would an invader expect to find from our defence forces or the Gardai ?

Wow!..Bordem really does go to your head!

• Advertisement

dunsandin wrote: »
    Yes you did.

Apparently, if you were in Ireland during the good times, you:
    Voted in FF.
    Spent too much money.
    Made wildly speculative investments that failed.
    Are responsible for the economic collapse.
    Paid no tax.
    Didn't work hard enough, and if you did, were paid too much.

That appears to be the prevailing view of us on here anyway. Oh yeah, you also voted in the greens, even if you didnt....

Now shut up and take your medicine...:rolleyes:

Don't tell me what I ****ing did or didn't do you ****wit! I've never voted Fianna Fail. I suppose you voted for the Lisbon Treaty aswel without bothering to read it either time just because you were told to. And now everything they said would happen hasn't and everything they promised wouldn't looks like it's going to.

I'm glad to say I've never voted Fianna Fail, didn't vote for the non-democratic Lisbon Treaty and never took out a mortgage or and big Loans I couldn't pay. And I'm doing pretty well because of all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Don't tell me what I ****ing did or didn't do you ****wit! I've never voted Fianna Fail. I suppose you voted for the Lisbon Treaty aswel without bothering to read it either time just because you were told to. And now everything they said would happen hasn't and everything they promised wouldn't looks like it's going to.

I'm glad to say I've never voted Fianna Fail, didn't vote for the non-democratic Lisbon Treaty and never took out a mortgage or and big Loans I couldn't pay. And I'm doing pretty well because of all that.

Eh, I think you missed out on the meta-message there...

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Having spent a bit of time in the PDF back in the day and realising that most of our troops have never seen an angry man. We could possibly resist an agressive enemy force till about tea time. Let's not forget we have no air cover, no sea power and as for a mechanised unit you guessed it we dont have that either. We could make freind's with them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

dunsandin wrote: »
    Our defence forces couldn't defend us against an angry granny, 1/2 would be on leave, 1/4 would be out sick and the rest would want overtime for active service, or no dice.

You forgot those who are deaf so can't follow orders ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

The OP has had about 20 threads over the last few days, most of them seem trollish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

McGiver could pull it off
    our army doesn't have guns ( that work )
    we only have 2 choppers
    and 1 plane
    and most of our Army is in Africa if you would call it an Army
    More so peace keeping protestors wearing green jumpsuits

did anyone hear that the Army was training down the country for riots in Dublin that are to be expected over the coming months

type this into google : irish army training for riots
    and you will see the result and to add insult they spent 300 k on new equipment specifically to tackle rioters who are rioting over silly spending etc...

Advertisement